Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express

Last week I downloaded and installed Vis Web Dev Express 2005 and have it running absolutely fine.  2 days later I downloaded the most recent SQL Server Express but when I try to install it, I get a message saying it has "detected incompatible beta components fromVisual Studio or SQL Server" and that I must "run the build clean up wizard from the cd."  Since I downloaded both parts I dont have a cd.  I dont particularly want to uninstall webdev express because the download was so slow the first time and it doesn't leave an install file for reinstallation.  What's my best plan of action to get them both running?
0
rmillais

You need to realize that you're playing with beta and even pre-beta software.  It can sometimes be quite difficult for the average user to get everything to play nice together.  Every new build contains breaking changes from the releases before it.  If you want to use these beta tools, get used to installing and uninstalling software.

By the way, when you download software, you might consider saving it to disk before installing it.  You don't want to lose the connection or have your machine freeze up in the middle of installing beta software, unless you don't mind the possibility that an error may cause you to have to reinstall Windows itself.

Channel9 has put together the best source I've found yet for info on what releases are compatible with other releases.  Unfortunately, I don't think it addresses VWD.
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." ~ Albert Einstein
0
JDHill
9/16/2005 3:18:13 PM

I had the same problem.

You are supposed to uninstall the net 2.0 framework before installing the new sql server build.

I had to reinstall my operating system to enable the new sql server installation to work.

0
fUNKYgIBBON
9/18/2005 6:37:48 PM

Same problem. I ended up uninstalling .net 2.0 and VWD.  I then reinstalled VWD with SQL Express as one of the additional components.

0
Feynman

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

VS.net 2003 & VWD express 2005 & SQL Express 2005 (RS)
i have installed sql express 2005 with reporting services, vs.net 2003 and visual web developer express 2005. How do i get the reporting services designer or create a new report ? The option 'Business Intelligent' is not in the project....

VS.NET 2005 & Visual Web Developer 2005 Express
I'm currently working on VWD using C#, and i'm planning to study MCTS, so i'm wondering if there's major differences between both in Web field.Thank you aloti need a creative atmosphere Not for what you're doing.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Roles & SQL Server 2005 Express with Visual Web Developer Express
Hi I have the following question:My company has SQL Server 7.0 - is there any way of customising Login, profile, role, etc user controls to point at this server rather than SQL Server 2005 Express? If not do these new APIs only use 2005 technology?If you have Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 when you are building your login pages ect will VS 2005 automatically set up the roles, rites, profiles etc of your user controls  in SQL Server 2005?RegardsM.Woolly You are not locked into SQL2005, thats just what it sets up by default you need to run: c:\<Windows>\Microso...

Download Visual Web Developer 2005 Express or Visual Basic 2005 Express?
Hi,I'm a programmer with a 4 year degree in computer science. I have been programming in some sort for 25 years. I have done VB (several years ago), Delphi (last done several years ago), and currently do some Acess programming every other month along with Perl about every month. I have never done any web page programming other than straight html (since 1996). My boss just asked me to look into learning ASP. We have a completed ASP project for a customer and our current vendor is too busy to update it. I would be the one doing minor changes and doing the next major phase.  So should I ...

Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional
Will someone please offer some advice, a walkthrough, or something to help me through this?  I installed all three of these pieces (.NET, SQL Server 2005 Express, and VS 2005 Professional) onto a WinXP box.  I was unable to get it to work.  It kept throwing SQL errors when I tried to run the security setup for the Personal Website Starter Kit.  So, I uninstalled everything except .NET and reinstalled.  At this point I was able to get to the setup, but unable to add users.  It doesn't throw errors or anything, it just doesn't do anything.  I really re...

Visual Web Dev Express 2008 and SQL server Express 2005 database connection problem
Apologies if this has already been covered, i can't find any search function on the forum. I have a somewhat annoying problem with the above software. I use Vista Home Premium x64 and have decided to install VWD 2008 and SQL2005 to learn ASP and SQL development. I only have a moderate undertanding of standard HTML and would like to expand my knowledge.  It is the final non-beta version of VWD 2008. The install went fine and no errors were shown. After trying to connect to the database via the ASP.NET application tool in VWD it gives an "unable to connect to the database ...

move database from web dev express to SQL 2005 or SQL Express
I'm guessing something like this has been posted before, but I'm having trouble finding excatly what I'm looking for.  Here's the situation. I am building a site based on the club starter kit.  The database appears to be part of the web project.  I've modified some of the tables so it's not the original club database anymore. I would like to move this database to SQL Express (i.e. the database will appear in my SQL Server Mgmt. Studio) and I would also like to try to move it to SQL 2005.  I don't have a host yet, so I think being able to move it to either product would ...

Visual Studio 2005 Express and SQL server 2005 Express
Just a question from a Microsoft Freak. Wil dotnetnuke in the nearby future support SQL 2005 Express and wil there come a "template" for modules for Visual Studio 2005 Express ? I guess that depends on what you understand by "nearby future". I think SQL 2005 Express will work with the current version already (haven't tried however) and with such a big community I think maybe someone will eventually create a template ? Geert Veenstra Well, let me be the test case. I'l try it this evening and come back to you an the answer about SQL 2005 express. About the visual...

Cannot install SQL Server 2005 Express component or WD 2005 Express?
Hi, I have tried installing SQL Server Express 2005 component that came with Web Developer 2005 Express without success a couple of times after installing Windows XP with/SP2.  Also, I noticed that SQL Server 2005 was installed in the Add/Remove area within the control panel.  Thus, should I remove the SQL Server 2005 componets and retry the installing of SQL Server 2005 Express? Thanks in advance, -Conrad Conrad, I would retry installing SQL Server 2005 Express if you get any problems uninstall eve...

During installation of Visual Web Developer, SQL Server 2005 Express x86 failed to install
I download the ISO file for Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition. I am installing it on a standalone computer in a lab. For security reasons, the standalone computer is not allowed to have Internet access, thus the reason for using the ISO to install. The standalone computer is: Windows 2000 (5.00.2195 Service Pack 4) (not server OS, desktop OS) It has SQL Server 2000 installed along with Enterprise Manager, etc. The installation of the Windows Installer, the NET Framework and Visual Web Developer went fine. But...SQL Server 2005 failed to install.  As far as I can tell, there...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Web resources about - Visual Web Dev 2005 Express & SQL 2005 Express - asp.net.installation-setup

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... standard support hardware I/O virtualization. The PCIe electrical interface is also used in a variety of other standards, most notably ExpressCard ...

Express Scripts offers $1 alternative to $750 pill
After drug company's owner announced a 5,000-percent price hike earlier this year, a less expensive option will soon be available

American Express cuts back on perk for Small Business Saturday
Over the past five years, American Express has dangled a carrot to encourage cardholders to patronize independent stores on Small Business Saturday ...

All You Have To Do To Fly Free Forever Is Put A $170M Purchase On Your American Express Card
... who won a rare painting at auction for $170 million will never have to pay for a flight again when the sale goes through on the American Express ...

Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns
Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns

How Drug Manager Express Scripts Is Trying To Evade Martin Shkreli's 5,000% Price Hike
Express Scripts, the largest manager of prescription drug benefit plans in the United States, has come up with its own challenge to Turing Pharmaceuticals, ...

Express Scripts offers low-cost alternative to $750-per-pill drug
Express Scripts offers low-cost alternative to $750-per-pill drug