using MSBuild in .net 3.5 need help

Hi all,

I know that MSBuild comes with the .net 3.5. How to use this so that my application builds with the MSBuild. I dont know where to start.

Frist do I need to Run the MSbuild in the .net 3.5 folder and then compile or Do i have to change any file (eg web.config). 8-)

Please help me.

Thanks for all your time.

0
BBty

msbuild is a command that is internally used by visual studio to build the projects ,and it can be used out of visual studio environemnt

through the "visual studio command prompt" ( all Programs -> cisual studio 2008 ->visua studio Tools-> Visual studio command prompt).

 MSBuild was available since .Net 2.0 , and before that we used NANT to built .net 1.1 projects . So if you want to build your projects manually with it ,

refere to this referene for MSBuild Commnad : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms164311.aspx

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas
6/3/2008 10:25:30 PM

I dont want anything in specific like building manually etc.

if I just want to build the .net 3.5 using MSBuild what should be my steps.

please help :(

Sad

Thanks,

0
BBty
6/4/2008 8:28:08 PM

BBty:
if I just want to build the .net 3.5 using MSBuild what should be my steps.

You just need to hit Ctrl+F5 and visual studio will automaticly call the required tools , for website project , MSBuild will automaticly call aspnet_complier.exe tool to build your website ..

so you don't have to worry about these things , just when you finish the development , use website publish wizard( Build - >Publish Website ) to make a precompiled version of your website ,which can be moved via ftp to production server ...

you may find this usefull

Regards,

Anas Ghanem.

Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks!

0
anas
6/4/2008 8:39:07 PM

Thanks for the reply and the time.

I came to know one more thing I need from the my lead that I should find out the scripts for it. I dont know what scripts.

By any chance you have any idea.

Crying

Thank you so much.

0
BBty

Installation of .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5
 Hi all, Can i install Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 at the same Operating system.?Plz let me know.. Thanks:Bijaya Kumar SahooRapidsoft Technologies, GurgaonMOSS 2007, Asp.Net,C#.Net,SQL Server,AJAXhttp://fewlines4biju.blogspot.com Yes. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.  Yes , There is no problem. Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like ...

Using a REST API using "Astoria" (with .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1)
Hello! I'm really interested in learning how to work with the new .NET Framework 3.5 and VS.NET 2008 SP1 (still beta). Here is my question: I would like to use a REST API that is not made by me. I'm talking about the REST API of Community Server 2008 (www.communityserver.org). I've got the full specification of the API. They have it well documented and ready to go. It appears to be very easy to use, but... HOW? How to connect the web services with the new .NET 3.5 properly? The full specification can be read here: http://api.communityserver.org. I've successully used...

MSBuild failure after .NET 3.5 install
I have installed both Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2009 (win32) on my system and they both work fine. I now need to do some Silverlight development so I downloaded and installed the MS Silverlight SDK which needs the latest .NET 3.5 SP1. Once these have been installed I get an execption when booting my computer about the JIT debugger. This can be clicked away. However, neither Delphi 2007 or Delphi 2009 can now compile a program. As soon as I start a compile or build I get a MSBuild error. Unfortunately I did not write down the error message. As a test I have uninstalled the Silverl...

Need help with styles in .net 3.5 .

Can I switch from .Net 3.5 to .Net 3
After finishing the website that I built in VS 2008 and has AjaxControlToolkit controls. I was informed by the network admin that the server has .Net 3 and that we can't install .Net 3.5. I tried to change the application settings from Property Page --> Build node, and then select .Net Framework 3.0 from Target Framework Dropdownlist, and then click OK BUT then I can't run my application I get error message and the     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />   is unknown even when I try ...

Can we replace Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Hi, I have installed vs2008 in C drive and removed it from there  including Microsoft .Net framework 3.5, due to space crunch, then I started installing it in D drive, in this case it did not install .Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 and now it does not show me Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 it shows .NET Compact Framework 3.5 in Add remove program list. My question is will VS2008 work fine with .NET Compact Framework 3.5. apart from it it also has .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the list, all what is missing is microsoft .net framework 3.5  Please let me know ...

install .net 3.5 without affecting .net 2.0 sites?
On my local system I have developed an older site in asp.net 2.0 and do not wish to upgrade that site. However, I also want to build a new site and for that I want to use asp.net 3.5. Is there anything I should watch out for, or I can I just install the 3.5 runtime etc?please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. Go ahead and install .net 3.5. It won't effect older projects. My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." The 3.5 framework is just extensions to the 2...

installing .net 3.5 error, please help
Hi all,   Hoping someone can help me. I am installing .net framework 3.5. During the install it says, "an error occurred during setup. Removing installed files" please see error log (error log is a hyperlink and when I click on it nothing happens" Nothing is in the event viewer either. Has anyone come accross this. I have deleted any previous versions of .net and I don't have any VS installed.   Many Thanks HI Can this be an issue, Have you already tried it http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/11/01/5826719.aspx I am not too sure If you ha...

Help installing AJAX on VS2008 .NET 3.5
Hi folks I am really struggling to get AJAX working despite following the tutorial video.  Here are the steps I have followed: 1. Downloaded the latest AJAX Control Toolkit Framework from http://www.codeplex.com/AjaxControlToolkit/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=11121 2. Extracted the files to a directory called AJAX Control Toolkit in Program Files 3. Navigated to Progarm Files\AJAX Control Toolkit\SampleWebSite\Bin and copied all those files to Program Files\AJAX Control Toolkit\Binaries 4. Opened VS2008 and created a new ASP.NET Web Site (ensuring the framework selected w...

Setup wanting to install .NET Framework 3.5
I am developing an ASP.NET app targeted to .NET 2.0.  I've added a deployment project to it, and a web setup project that uses the output from the deployment project.  When I build the setup and try to install it on a clean server, it wants to install .NET Framework 3.5 first.  How do I turn this off?  I don't want to force end users to install .NET 3.5 if they don't have to. you must do in Prerequisites cause in WebSetup its has default prerequisites <must install framework 3.5 but you can manual its> so right click on WebSetup >>>...

Can I install and use my VS.NET 2002 MSDN Help in VS.NET 2003?
Hi! I would like to know if I could install MSDN help from VS.NET 2002 (Architect) for VS.NET 2003 (Architect). Thanks! :)...

setup AP.NET membership database & web.config in .NET 3.5?
 A long time ago I setup an ASP.NET security database using aspnet_regsql.exe. I noticed this utility doesn't ship with .NET 3.5. Can anyone direct me to a writeup of how to create the security database and modify the web.config for membership? Thanks! Michael  Hello Michael, You still use the .net framework version 2 version of aspnet_regsql.exe in something like C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727As I understand it ver 3.5 is just adding new features onto the version 2 framework but mostly asp.net is just the same. Hope it helps JeremyRegardsJeremyIf ...

Install Turbo Delphi on .NET 3.5
Hi, I'd like to install Turbo Delphi on my laptop running .NET 3.5, I get a message saying that Delphi requires SP1 of .NET v1.1 to be installed. I'm not sure what to do, maybe I need to roll back my .NET installaion to v1.1 in order to install Turbo Delphi, and then upgrade .NET back to 3.5 afterwards? michael collier wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to install Turbo Delphi on my laptop running .NET 3.5, I get > a message saying that Delphi requires SP1 of .NET v1.1 to be > installed. > > I'm not sure what to do, maybe I need to roll back my .N...

Web resources about - using MSBuild in .net 3.5 need help - asp.net.installation-setup

Microsoft/msbuild · GitHub
msbuild - The Microsoft Build Engine (MSBuild) is the build platform for .NET and Visual Studio.

Microsoft is open sourcing Visual Studio’s build tool, MSBuild
... newfound love of open source code, the company has announced today that it’s open-sourcing Visual Studio’s build tool for the first time. MSBuild ...

OpenWrap – A Plan for MSBuild Compatible Package Manager for .NET
Package managers are well known in the Linux world where the need to bring together dependencies from a wide variety of sources. But for .NET ...

MSBuild Presentation
... thinking about going to the UDNUG (Utah .NET User Group) meeting this week, I realized that I never posted my notes and such from my MSBuild ...

MSBuild Engine is now Open Source on GitHub
Rich Lander / MSDN Blogs : MSBuild Engine is now Open Source on GitHub — Today we are pleased to announce that MSBuild is now available on GitHub ...

Microsoft is open sourcing Visual Studio’s build tool, MSBuild
... newfound love of open source code, the company has announced today that it’s open-sourcing Visual Studio’s build tool for the first time. MSBuild ...

Microsoft open sources MSBuild, aims for cross-platform dev tools
Visual Studio build system heads for Linux and Mac Microsoft’s build engine, MSBuild, has been published as open source on GitHub and will be ...

Microsoft to include MSBuild with all versions of Visual Studio 2013
Microsoft has announced that MSBuild will be included with all versions of its Visual Studio 2013 development tools, but a stand alone version ...

Microsoft open sources MSBuild, aims for cross-platform dev tools
Visual Studio build system heads for Linux and Mac Microsoft’s build engine, MSBuild, has been published as open source on GitHub and will be ...

Continuous integration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , continuous integration ( CI ) is the practice of merging all developer workspaces with a shared mainline several times ...