Urgent - Help Required re: Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services.

Hi All,

I have seen a number of posts regarding this error message and unfortunately none of the suggestions work for me. I am developing on WinXp Pro SP3 and have had VS Studio .Net 2003, Version 7.1.3088 with the .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322 SP 1 and VS Studio 2005 Version 8.0.50727.762 SP .050727-7600 with the .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727 SP1 on my development machine. Everything was working fine until recently.

Certain errors that were happening on a server could not be reproduced on my development machine so I registered with DynDNS and created a dynamic dns that points to my machine thus allowing me to have a test environment similar to server where we are experiencing the problems (or so I thought). When I open the VS 2003 solution I am getting the the above error. My VS 2005  projects they seem fine. I can actually run the site (http://mydnsname/vsprojectname/default.aspx) and other than a couple of minor issues the site works OK.

 Has anybody out there got some idea of what I need to do in order to be able to open the project in VS2003? I have even diabled the site temporarily to see if that would make any difference to no avail.

 Thanks in advance,

 Gary

0
garymich

Have you checked out this kb: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817267?

Also, some other info: http://www.dotnetspider.com/resources/2050-Visual-Studio-NET-has-detected-at-e-specifie.aspx.

Hope this provides some insight.

- Jesse

Jesse Williams

Please mark 'Answered' if my post was able to assist you.
0
psuphish05
9/22/2008 8:38:04 PM

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the prompt response. I had looked at the knowldgebase article earlier on but didn't know if it would apply to me as on XP Pro I a have IIS 5 installed. Would there be a similar option on it that requires setting? I will also check the other link you sent me.

Thanks

 Gary

0
garymich
9/22/2008 8:52:53 PM

In your XP IIS, http://mydnsname/vsproject_.NET1.1 's "vsproject_.NET1.1" (i.e.) virtual directory properties, does "ASP.NET" tab have "1.1.4322" selected?

Please Mark the post as "Answer" if it solves your problem.

http://www.dotnetsharp.com/
0
Mar7in

Yes it does. I think I have found a solution (not pretty but it works). On my local IIS 5 server on the properties - web site - ip address, I clicked the advanced button and added a second identity for the site, with 80 as the port but the host header name left blank. Now when I go itno VS 2003 and I can open my web projects without any problems. My VS 2005 web projects also seem to be fine as well. So I don't know why this works but I really don't care.

 Thanks to all for your help!

 Regards

Gary

0
garymich

Bits of a .NET 1 web app crash on a server running both .NET 1 and 2
We have a a win2003 server with running mostly .NET 2 web applications but one .NET 1 project. We quickly realised after initial upload of the .NET 1 application that the two versions of .NET would have to run in separate application pools. So I set one up called DOTNET1, assigned my app to it and everything seemed to run swimmingly.  Then yesterday a client rang up to say that a single page of the site wasn't working, although the rest seemed fine when I checked. Then today they rang up again and said a different page wasn't working. Both times it showed me an page sugges...

Running Visual Studio.NET 2005 on Server which only runs version 1.1
I Have the latest copy of VS.NET 2005 which compiles for v2. However my server only runs v1.1. I cant upgrade my server. How can I run this??HighOnCodingWanna get high! The licence that comes with ASP.NET 2.0 says that you are not allowed to create live websites using it. This is because it is still in the Beta 1 stage. Apparently, you will be able to release your website as soon as Beta 2 comes out, but no one knows when that will be.Intelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan)...

VS.NET Detected Web Server Not Running 1.1?!
* Brand new laptop, Dell Inspiron 8500 * Brand new Win2k Server Installation (not from factory) * Windows Update Completed * VS.NET 2003 Ent Arch Installed, including pre-req's, docs, updates (which it found none) * MS SQL 2000 DEV installed * Copied a .NET 1.0 Web Application directory from old laptop to new. Set up IIS to point to it. * Double-clicked .NET 1.0 Project, starts to open with VS.NET 2003 The following message is received: Visual Sudio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET ...

DLL does not run on .Net 2.0 but runs on .Net 1.1
We have a DLL that was written in .Net 1.1. The DLL was not developed by us and therefore we do not have the source code to modify it. Based on my investigations, the DLL seems to be inheriting from the ‘system.web.ui.pair’ class. Unfortunately, this class is now sealed in .Net 2.0 and it therefore can not be used in inheritance. Does anybody have an idea on how we can make this DLL work in .Net 2.0?  Any walk arounds? Thanks Try to use Reflection to know the stucture of DLL. ThanksGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/...

Error message: Web server not running APS.NET version 1.1
I have IIS 5 and VisualStudio.NET installed on a local PC. If I disconnect the PC from the office network I am able to successfully open an existing ASP.NET application in VS.NET. If I connect the PC to the office network, I receive the following error message when I try to open my ASP.NET project in VS.NET: Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services. It's almost as if VS.NET is seeing a different web server (rather than my locally installed web server) while on the ...

Run Web Application Developed in VS.NET to Host server with Framework 1.1 Only
Hello...... I have recently developed web application using VS.NET 2002 and it's work fine in the local machine... I deploy it to host server but nothing work : 1- The Connection String. 2- Cannot Loadt Type() What steps must I do to make it work correctly? One of the errors : Server Error in '/EnCaps' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the follo...

Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ?
Dear friend, 1. Does Visual Studio .NET 2003 (version 7.1.3088) & NET Framework 1.1 support AJAX ? 2.  i don't know if i can implement AJAX for my case below ? pls advise... i have built a windows application to connect to a card reader DLL,   but right now i have to build it for web application..and it's a real challenge since i have blank idea...   i also write the source code for the windows application below , for analysis...   the case is like these : --------------------------1. we have a card reader (usb port connection)...   2. we must connect...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

Running server controls compiled for .NET 1.1 in .NET 2.0
Hello, I have tried upgrading our ASP.NET 1.1 application to .NET 2.0 by using Web Application Projects, and it works beautifully. We use several 3rd party controls that we bought for use in .NET 1.1 and these seem to just work in .NET 2.0, except that I get an intermittent problem with one of them. Should DLLs compiled using .NET 1.1 simply work, except if they access classes that have been removed from the framework in .NET 2.0? If I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 present on the machine and the ASP.NET application is configured to run using .NET 2.0 and I have a DLL compiled using .NE...

Running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 apps on same server. Problem???
I have .NET 1.1 running on remote (dedicated) server.  I have just installed Net 2.0 and created a Hello-World App to test it.  It worked fine yesterday, but today when I try it again I get "Server Application Unavailable" My 1.1 web apps seem to be running ok.  The following message was in the event log.  "It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process"Can someone please advise me how to run 1.1 and 2.0 web apps on the sam...

Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 .I am trying to port it on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type CONsERT.Net.Global'.Source Error: Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="CONsERT.Net.Global" %> Source File: e:\inetpub\wwwroot\Consert.Net\global.asax    Line: 1 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573   My project includes aspx and vb files, as well as some crystal report files.   Can anyone please help me? This is almost certainly a namespace case issue. I can't believe that you have a namespace CONsERT. The FCL is case sensitive, even if VB.NET isn't, so check all of your namespace declarations,...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

WS-Security with VS.NET 2005 Web Service and .NET 1.1 Client
We ship a webservices client piece into the field which is required to run on the .NET 1.1 version of the framework, this is defined by our business people and cannot change. We would like to work with .NET 2.0 in VS.NET 2005 for the backend Web Service piece. We are able to get the 2 to communicate fine and it is not a problem. The issue now is that we need to introduce security through WS-Security. I have not been able to find much information about interop between the 2 environments and WS-Security and cannot get the security elements to be invoked in VS.NET 2005. Currently we are trying ...

simple web application created in VB.net(VS.Net) will not run
I tried to run the ASP.net samples created by VB.net. But it doesn't run successfully. For example, I copied VB project folder at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VB\Project. From the web browser I typed http://localhost/VB/Project/Project.aspx Only the text for some LabelControls showed up, not the content Text generated by project.aspx.vb. Does that mean that I didn't set the IIS and ASP.net correct? Can you post the source code for your application. This may make it easier to debug what is going on. Thanks. Glen Kowalski Software Design Engineer / Test Microsoft Corporation This posti...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Issue with clients consuming a web service that was upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 3.5
I am currently working with an application that was converted from Visual Studio 2003 to Visual Studio 2008 and we are having issues with a client consuming the web service portion of the application.  The web services were written in .NET 1.1 using the Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and was upgraded to use the .NET 3.5 framework.  One of our clients application, which is still written in .NET 1.1 was reference the upgraded web service and tried to consume the web service and received the following error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Se...

Running DNN compliled on .net FW 1.0.3705 on .net FW 1.1
I have a DNN 1.10c portal that I developed and compiled on VS02 on a PC with .net Framework 1.0.3705. It is currently in production on a machine running .net Framework 1.0.3705. I am preparing to move this portal to a new server with Win2003 server and .net Framework 1.1.4322. Are there be any problems due to the differing version of the .net Framework? Is it neccessary to recomplie on a machine with .net Framework 1.1.4322? Any other suggestions or comments would be welcomed! synergetic_1 1.0 framework items should run on 1.1 as is, but not vice versa. To com...

Installing .NET 2 causes 'server application anunavailable' on existing .NET 1.1 site
Hi!I have a computer running an ASP.NET 1.1 web site. After installing .net framework 2.0 on the same server I got a 'server application anunavailable' on the ASP1.1 web site. I set the Security settings to 'Everyone' and I temporarily solved the problem.What should I do?Dimitris PapadimitriouSoftware Development Professional If you are running on Windows 2003, they you need to make sure that your V1.1 and V2.0 applications are running in a separate application pool/process.  Otherwise, you will get a load error when the second CLR gets loaded into the same process. Try going into th...

Web resources about - Urgent - Help Required re: Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services. - asp.net.installation-setup

Report: Apple’s quest for retail stores in India on track as government plans to approve application
... Apple , and India . What do you think? Discuss "Report: Apple’s quest for retail stores in India on track as government plans to approve application" ...

Stugan Games Accelerator Opens Applications for 2016
Games accelerator Stugan has opened its application process for its 2016 summer program. The program will accept 20 aspiring game developers, ...

eHosting DataFort to provide next generation data centre services with its Cisco Application-Centric ...
Al-Bawaba eHosting DataFort to provide next generation data centre services with its Cisco Application-Centric Infrastructure ... Al-Bawaba ...

Remote application server streamlines Windows desktop delivery
... that they need is therefore a challenging task. Cross platform solutions specialist Parallels is launching a new version of its Remote Application ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Applications Drive Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 8.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Refinances pushes mortgage applications 8.2% higher
The lower interest rates plunge boosted refinance volume to its highest level in over a year.

Bjarke Ingels impressed by graduate's video job application
BIG founder Bjarke Ingels says he is "honestly impressed" by young job applicant Étienne Duval, whose covering letter is an animated rap that ...

Taiwan market: Foxconn leads patent applications in 2015
Hon Hai Precision Industry (Foxconn) topped local companies in the number of patent applications in 2015, with 659, according to data released ...

Manhattan Community Board Applications Up This Year, With Harlem at the Top
Community&nbsp;Board 10 received more&nbsp;applications than&nbsp;last year&#39;s leader, Community Board 7.