Trying to get a 2.0 site (with AJAX.NET) working on Server 2000

I recently wrote an application using AJAX.NET (and obvioulsy .NET 2.0).  When I went to publish the site on the server I realized that neither .NET 2.0 or AJAX.NET were installed.

I downloaded both and installed.  Rebooted the server to be sure.

After I created the virtual directory, I went to check the site.  I got a parse error ont he web.config file, immediately I realized that I forgot to set the site to 2.0 from 1.1 (like I do EVERY SINGLE TIME, but that is not here nor there).

The wierd thing is, is that once I switched over to 2.0 when I try to open the site I get a "The page cannot be found" (HTTP error 404).

Any body got any suggestions?

Cheers!

0
bpoker

 Just make sure that the asp.net extension is allowed on your IIS refer to the below link to do so

http://weblogs.asp.net/hosamkamel/archive/2007/09/18/web-site-deployment-and-404-error-under-windows-2003.aspx

Hosam Kamel

Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you
0
HosamKamel
10/23/2007 8:00:02 PM

Fist of all thank you for your help.

 I tried checking the web service extensions and i dont even see 2.0 there....i think this is the issue.

Any advice would be appreciated, but i think I have pletny figureout from here on my own.

0
bpoker
10/23/2007 8:19:39 PM

If you running ASP.NET 1.1 with ASP.NET 2.0 on the Same IIS you need to separate the two applications into different application pool.

Hosam Kamel

Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you
0
HosamKamel
10/23/2007 8:41:51 PM

That was it!

 Thanks a million!!!

0
bpoker

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

install .net 3.5 without affecting .net 2.0 sites?
On my local system I have developed an older site in asp.net 2.0 and do not wish to upgrade that site. However, I also want to build a new site and for that I want to use asp.net 3.5. Is there anything I should watch out for, or I can I just install the 3.5 runtime etc?please mark answers as 'Answered' and post back solutions when you figure stuff out that isnt in the post already. Go ahead and install .net 3.5. It won't effect older projects. My Blog"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right." The 3.5 framework is just extensions to the 2...

Just installed Ajax for 2.0 and I cannot get my site working
Hello everybody, Could you please help me? Here is my situation.  I had Visual Studio 2005 without Ajax.  I made a site with it and uploaded to my hosting (GoDaddy).  It was working ok.  Later I decided to download ASP.NET AJAX for ASP.NET 2.0. and rebuilt the site. Now, when I Uploaded the site again, and try to open the site (www.acitus.com) a user name and password is being asked.  Is there anything to do to avoid that asking info?  Do I need anything to install afterwards? Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks, Marco  It seems not a proble...

Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?
Hello all,I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0. I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.If there are issues, are there any work arounds? Many Thanks in advance  The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any pro...

Installing .NET 2 causes 'server application anunavailable' on existing .NET 1.1 site
Hi!I have a computer running an ASP.NET 1.1 web site. After installing .net framework 2.0 on the same server I got a 'server application anunavailable' on the ASP1.1 web site. I set the Security settings to 'Everyone' and I temporarily solved the problem.What should I do?Dimitris PapadimitriouSoftware Development Professional If you are running on Windows 2003, they you need to make sure that your V1.1 and V2.0 applications are running in a separate application pool/process.  Otherwise, you will get a load error when the second CLR gets loaded into the same process. Try going into th...

After upgrading from .net Beta 2.0 Release 2.0 to the newly released version site will no longer work.
This was working great until I upgraded. Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. You need to give use ASPNET its privaledges back. In upgradin...

Having problems trying to install SQL Server 2005 express /.net framework 2.0
Hi I'm having problems trying to install the above programme from the microsoft site and feel that I'm not getting anywhere.  'I receive the following message during installation "microsoft SQL server 2005 set up has detected a problem and cannot proceed. Either Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 is either not installed on this system or is corrupt.' I have dinstalled any previous versions of .net, instances of sql server 2005 ran ccleaner and then checked my Add and Remove programmes and checked the microsoft support site for the solution and that didn;t work  ...

Web resources about - Trying to get a 2.0 site (with AJAX.NET) working on Server 2000 - asp.net.installation-setup

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The working class (also lower class , labouring class , proletariat , or laboring class ) are those employed in lower tier, subordinate jobs. ...

Companies have tax questions to answer as working class taxpayers pay more tax than them
Why do working-class taxpayers pay more tax than large companies, in some cases literally and in many cases as a percentage of their income? ...

Washington State University working on marijuana breathalyzer
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Technology A team of chemists at Washington State University is working with Chemring on a drugalyzer ...

UK government working with eBay and Amazon to catch tax-evading sellers
When it comes to tax avoidance, it's using big companies that come under the spotlight. Of course, there is nothing legally speaking wrong with ...

Time to start working on Ted #Cruzisstartingtoworrythem
Time to start working on Ted by digby For some reason I find myself on the email list of CNN contributor and GOPm strategist Alex Castellanos ...

There Are 7 House Democrats Enabling Anti-Working Family GOP Tax Policies, Like Kyrsten Sinema
... Number one, of course, was a giant wet kiss for Big Oil in the form of a repeal of the oil export ban. As Mike Huckabee pointed out, working ...

'Star Wars' animator says 'I took LSD' while working on 'Return of the Jedi'
... Vice profiling his work, Tippett admits he was under the influence for at least one of the "Star Wars" movies. "I took LSD when I was working ...

Crews working to repair water main break on Morena Blvd - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB ...
A concrete water main broke early Saturday morning in the 4600 block of Morena Boulevard, depriving water service to several customers in the ...

Texas Officials Working To Get “Affluenza” Teen Back To The US
CBS Local Texas Officials Working To Get “Affluenza” Teen Back To The US CBS Local The pair first hid out at a high-end resort called Los ...

JJ Abrams is sad he's not working on next "Star Wars"
How good is the script for the upcoming "Star Wars" sequel, following ​"The Force Awakens"?