Sql server 2005, can't find the management studio???

I installed the DVD of microsoft SQL server 2005 devloper edition CTP

during installation I selected all parts (include client parts)

but after installation, I can't see management studio, only have configuration manager

can anybody tell me why? and how to solve it?
thanks,
Joseph
0
IndianScorpion

Go to the SQL Server 2005 web site and check the docs for the product, if your talking about the full product,

or the SQLExpress 2005 site regarding it.  I believe the Manager is only available as a download at this time.

Always a Pleasure never a Chore
0
spideywebber
9/11/2005 9:54:17 AM
The two management studios are separate install under management tools, I have met someone who could not find the setup for management tools in the DVDs so use the link below to download the developer edition.  Please remember to use the CTP compatibility tool in the first link.  Hope this helps.

http://forums.asp.net/1069636/ShowPost.aspx
Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre
10/13/2005 3:23:49 AM
If you install VS 2005 Beta 2 first, it puts SQL Express 2005 on your machine.

If you install SQL 2005 CTP first, VS 2005 Beta 2 uses that instead of SQL Express 2005.

So uninstall both and try installing SQL 2005 CTP , then VS 2005 Beta 2.
0
jrm252

Can't seem to install SQL server 2005? Install completes, but where is SQL Server 2005
I went to one of the Microsoft "Ready To Launch" events over a year ago. Microsoft was gracious and gave everyone who attended a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. I have installed the Visual Studio and use it all of the time. I also installed the SQL server 2005 but I can not find the application on my computer. After the install the only items that appear to have been installed are the following: SQL Server Configuration tools(SQL Server Configuration manager,SQL Server  Error and usage reporting, SQL Server surface area confiuration, Reporting Services configu...

Can't connect to SQL 2005 Express with SQL Server Management Studio Express
I've seen the following error posted when people try to connect to their server via their applications but didn't see anyone having problems when trying to connect with SQL Server Management Studio Express. Am I missing something here? This is the error:<<An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)(Microsoft SQL Server, Erro...

USER CAN'T CONNECT THE REPORTING SERVER (AD USERNAME) using SQL SERVER MANAGMENT STUDIO 2005
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

Can't find SQL Server Management Studio
I can't find the SQL Server Management Studio anywhere. I've installed SQL server 2005 developer edition and choosed every component from the list but it isn't in the start->program->SQL server 2005 menu, there's only a couple of configuration managers.Where can I find it, or am I missing something? Copy all the files to your hard drive and rerun setup and choose  repair to select all components management studio is under management tools.  And I don't know what the configuration managers do but they are not related to management studio.  Hope this helps.Kind rega...

Installing Sql Server 2005 on Vista
I tried to install SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition on my laptop with Vista Business but I have gone through installation process a couple times and I can't seem to find SQL Management Studio.  The install setup.exe files even tell me that there is nothing left to install when I run them.  I have done all SP updates with installation and VS2005 is also already installed.  But when I search the "all programs" directory I only have the below options under SQL Server 2005/Configuration Tools: - Notification Services- SQL Server Configuration Manager- SQL...

SQL Server 2005 managment studio newbie: Can't see stored procedure
I just created a stored procedure in SQL Server 2005 management studio.  I went to my db and expanded the programmability folder then right clicked the stored procedures folder and created a stored procedure.  I saved the procedure as sp_getDistance in the default folder SQL managment studio picked.  Now when I went back to that stored procedure folder I did not see my stored procedure sp_getDistance, all that was there was the system stored procedure folder.  Did I save the stored procedure in the wrong place, or what did I do wrong.  I can't find the procedure ...

Can't install 6.4 due to SQL Server 2005 already installed
Does anyone know if there is a requirement for installing PatchManagement 6.4 that SQL Server 2005 cannot be already installed on the server? The installation wizard will not let me get past the Server Requirements validation stage because there are entries for SQL Server 2005 in the server's Registry. I hope I don't have to uninstall SQL Server in order for this to install. If that is the case then I will not be able to use Novell's PatchManagement software. Any help here will be appreciated. thanks, Kay -- KayRose --------------------------------------...

Can't create mdf db in vs 2005
I have sql server 2005 dev installed. When I click on app_data in vs2005 - and say create new db. It says I need sql server 2005 express installed? Can't you do this with sql server 2005 dev? Maybe its possible with a creative way, but at least by default and with the doc, nope. MDF auto-attach databases are SQL server Express territory. I belive using your method, you have to use SQL Server Express to run this database. If you want to run it on SQL Server, then you should create it there and connect it to your application. Regards,...

SQL query that works in SQL Server Management Studio, but doesn't on .NET 2.0 page
SELECT favorites.FID, favorites.filename, favorites.username, files.status, files.private, files.views, files.title FROM favorites INNER JOIN files ON favorites.filename = files.filename WHERE (favorites.username = @username) AND (files.status IS NULL) AND (files.private = @private)@private is manually set to 'no'@username is set to profile.usernamewhen I run the above query in microsoft sql server mgmt studio express on the database, it presents all the information i'm asking for very easily. however when i try to implement this query on a aspx .net2.0 page with teh sqldatasourc...

Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?
Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express? I always get a error code 18456 when I try to connect to SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express. I'm sure I enter correct username and password!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator The answer is yes its possible but it depends on the security configuration of the remote server.Hope it helps,Joe http://www.joeaudette.comhttp://www.mojoportal.com oh wait. I don't have the Express...

Can't install sql server 2005 express
Hi,When i try to install Sql server 2005 Express i get the following error: http://kirkov.dk/img/sql_error.jpgAnyone know a solution for this problem? Thanks.    My site - http://www.kirkov.dk I think i found the error, http://kirkov.dk/img/sqlSupport_error.jpg  So how do i fix this? My site - http://www.kirkov.dk Why are you trying to install 64bits Express are you running 64bits operating system?  If the answer is no then go download the X86 that is the 32bits version.  Hope this helps.Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks for the...

Can't install opensuse 12.1 from DVD, installer can't find DVD devices?
Hi, I have an HP pavilion dv7 laptop (3 years old) with Windows and Linux mint in a dual boot mode, and I wanted to install opensuse 12.1 from a DVD over my mint partition. When I boot with the 64bit KDE live CD in my DVD I can get to the menu where I can choose to try the live session or install. If I choose either, I see the linux kernel loading successfuly, then a green screen with opensuse logo, and after about 10 seconds the screen becomes a black text screen, and I see an error message saying that my DVD device wasn't found, and that the system is restarting in 120 se...

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

Web resources about - Sql server 2005, can't find the management studio??? - asp.net.installation-setup

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Malcolm Turnbull criticises Clive Palmer for 'shocking' management of Queensland Nickel
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has blasted Clive Palmer's &quot;shocking&quot; management of Queensland Nickel, predicting the embattled MP's ...

Defence continue to shed middle management as graduates begin work
The Department of Defence is expected to farewell hundreds of middle management public servants in coming weeks

Password management app Enpass goes 5.0 with new design and features
If you care about your online privacy and security which you very well should youre probably already using a password management app. In all ...

A new open source cloud management tool… from Walmart
... announced the closing of over 100 physical stores, the company's e-commerce unit announced that it is releasing a piece of its cloud-management ...

What you need to know about mobile device management
... businesses are tasked with enabling mobility without introducing vulnerabilities into the workplace which is where mobile device management ...

Zappos' CEO says this is the biggest misconception people have about his company's self-management system ...
... have misinterpreted it as anarchy, said Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh. Entrepreneur and software engineer Brian Robertson created the "self-management" ...