Server Error / Runtime Error

Error Message Start

--------------------------------
Server Error in '/test' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

----------------------------------
Error Message End

ok so i basically made just a clean application with one button on the form nothing fancy. application runs on my laptop with a windows xp / iis5 / asp.net 1.1 setup.
the server im trying to execute it on is a windows 2003 server box with iis6 and asp.net 1.1 framework.
old asp runs fine but asp.net appliactions never work and always return the same message.
i have tried reinstalling asp.net using aspnet_regiis -i and -r. i tried registering the asp.net dll using "regsvr32 aspnet_isapi.dll" as someone suggested and still no go.
i actually went and stuck a barebons web.config in the root of the project with the recommended setting and nothing.
ive been reading all over the internet about this and i cant seem to find an answer. i wonder if someone here might be able to give me a hand. i really dont want to resort to uninstalling iis as our live server that this is on hosts a fair number of sites.
any suggestions would be welcome
0
acidjesus

You will need to configure the 'web.config' file as the error suggests.  Right now, we have no way of knowing what the error is.  Just configure the 'web.config' to show you the errors by changing the <customErrors> tag to either 'Off' or 'RemoteOnly'.  You will see what the true error is and can respond accordingly.

Ryan Dunn
Weblog
The Book
LDAP Programming Help
0
dunnry
6/28/2004 7:02:10 PM
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>

<system.web>
<!-- DYNAMIC DEBUG COMPILATION
Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging symbols (.pdb information)
into the compiled page. Because this creates a larger file that executes
more slowly, you should set this value to true only when debugging and to
false at all other times. For more information, refer to the documentation about
debugging ASP.NET files.
-->
<compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />
<!-- CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES
Set customErrors mode="On" or "RemoteOnly" to enable custom error messages, "Off" to disable.
Add <error> tags for each of the errors you want to handle.
"On" Always display custom (friendly) messages.
"Off" Always display detailed ASP.NET error information.
"RemoteOnly" Display custom (friendly) messages only to users not running
on the local Web server. This setting is recommended for security purposes, so
that you do not display application detail information to remote clients.
-->
<customErrors mode="On" />
<!-- AUTHENTICATION
This section sets the authentication policies of the application. Possible modes are "Windows",
"Forms", "Passport" and "None"
"None" No authentication is performed.
"Windows" IIS performs authentication (Basic, Digest, or Integrated Windows) according to
its settings for the application. Anonymous access must be disabled in IIS.
"Forms" You provide a custom form (Web page) for users to enter their credentials, and then
you authenticate them in your application. A user credential token is stored in a cookie.
"Passport" Authentication is performed via a centralized authentication service provided
by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
-->
<authentication mode="Windows" />

<!-- AUTHORIZATION
This section sets the authorization policies of the application. You can allow or deny access
to application resources by user or role. Wildcards: "*" mean everyone, "?" means anonymous
(unauthenticated) users.
-->
<authorization>
<allow users="*" /> <!-- Allow all users -->
<!-- <allow users="[comma separated list of users]"
roles="[comma separated list of roles]"/>
<deny users="[comma separated list of users]"
roles="[comma separated list of roles]"/>
-->
</authorization>
<!-- APPLICATION-LEVEL TRACE LOGGING
Application-level tracing enables trace log output for every page within an application.
Set trace enabled="true" to enable application trace logging. If pageOutput="true", the
trace information will be displayed at the bottom of each page. Otherwise, you can view the
application trace log by browsing the "trace.axd" page from your web application
root.
-->
<trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="false" traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true" />

<!-- SESSION STATE SETTINGS
By default ASP.NET uses cookies to identify which requests belong to a particular session.
If cookies are not available, a session can be tracked by adding a session identifier to the URL.
To disable cookies, set sessionState cookieless="true".
-->
<sessionState
mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
cookieless="false"
timeout="20"
/>
<!-- GLOBALIZATION
This section sets the globalization settings of the application.
-->
<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />

</system.web>
</configuration>

thats the web.config that im working with, it doesnt matter how i modifiy it, i always get the same response.
i have never seen an error like this before all my old asp applications run fine :| and my development machine functions correctly so i really have no clue what is wrong.
0
acidjesus
6/28/2004 8:00:32 PM
You still have the <customErrors> tag set to 'On' - you must change this if you want to see what the error is.  If this website is on a remote server, you will have to change the tag to 'Off'.
Ryan Dunn
Weblog
The Book
LDAP Programming Help
0
dunnry
6/28/2004 8:07:37 PM
ya i tried that and reset the server and still no go, same error appears everytime.
0
acidjesus

error error error

Server Error-Runtime Error
I cannot fix this error message, even though I tried to do what it told me! I am new at asp.net and at programming, so it must be something small and easy? Thanks. Server Error in '/CORES' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. De...

Error, Error and more errors

errors errors errors..

Help with this error Smtp error has anyone come across this before:- System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 501 Syntax error in p
Hi i,ve made a function that that accepts a users email and checks it in a db using a sp. It returns true and sends a mail if the user exists or false if they dont. I have tested it. And all the values seem to be ok and it is working fine uptil when I get to the SmtpMail object. I am using my remote webservers incoming mail address eg SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.demo.co.uk" and then SmtpMail.Send(SendDetails) When i run the page and enter an email I get the following error. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server rejected the sender...

Runtime error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit
Hi, p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } I'm trying to create a web site in a windows 2003 server. It's just an empty page, the default one created by VS2008, with nothing in it. I create the site from my remote computer, connecting to the server (I have access to the server as well with a virtual desktop).  When I try to launch a web site in a remote site (F5 or Ctrl-F5) I get the Runtime Error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (...

hosting error at brinkster.com (Server Error in '/' Application, Runtime Error )
HelloI have hosted my student project at brinkster.com, in my pc it runs quite fine, but at brinkster it gives following error messgae.  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a &l...

Server Error: HTTP Error 500.19
I got the following error while trying to make a test WCF project on VistaServer Error HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server ErrorDescription: The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Error Code: 0x80070005 Notification: BeginRequest Module: IIS Web Core Requested URL: http://localhost:80/ProductsService/ProductsService.svc Physical Path: C:\Test\ProductsService\ProductsService\ProductsService.svc Logon User: Not yet determined Logon Method: Not yet determined Handler: Not yet determined Config Error: Cannot read configura...

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.Net.WebServiceFailedException: The server method 'UpdatePassword' failed with the following error: System.InvalidOperationException-- Cannot convert null to a valu
I am using this code to update password on a click event of a html button using AJAX and I am getting an error If I try to debug my Javascript. Error: Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.Net.WebServiceFailedException: The server method 'UpdatePassword' failed with the following error: System.InvalidOperationException-- Cannot convert null to a value type. OR  If I dont debug Javascript and click the button, then it says that 'Dont but with error' on the bottom of the page and It does not update the password in the database. ASP.Net Code: <asp:ScriptManager I...

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
I have written a web service and tested it and it works fine from the .asmx test page. However, when I attempt to call it with a post I get this error:  The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.Source Error: Line 164: myStream.Close() ...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

Error during install. wont install ' Setup Runtime Files '
while attempting to install the .NET Framework: I put in the 1st CD and got a message basically saying : ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- " setup detected out of date components, please insert Widows Component Update Disk for Visual Studio.NET " ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So I put in disk#5 and it started installing the following: 1. Microsoft Frontpage 2000 Web Extensions Client 2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3. Setup Runtime Files It sucessfully i...

401.1 Error / Server Execution Failed errors in IIS after re-installing windows 2003 server
Hiya All! My company began using windows 2003 enterprise server about 5 months ago with an evaluation copy. It worked fine... However, we have just purchased the full version and after installing it, I am getting a 401.1 error on our sites (all of them) and when I attempt to open the "properties | home directory" window, I get a popup after about a 3-5 minute lock that says "Server Execution Failed". Any idea how I can fix this quickly? Thanks! Dave Larson Look for Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 247593 http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...

Web resources about - Server Error / Runtime Error - asp.net.installation-setup

Android Runtime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Android Runtime ( ART ) is an application runtime environment used by the Android mobile operating system . ART replaces Dalvik , which is the ...

Runtime (@Runtimeapp) on Twitter

Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store on iTunes
Get Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

HSA Foundation Launches ‘HSA 1.0 Final’ – Architecture, Programmers Reference and Runtime Specifications ...
... of the hardware, - the HSA Programmers’ Reference Manual for the software ecosystem targeting tools and compiler developers, - the HSA Runtime ...

ART: The Android runtime that will eventually replace Dalvik is in KitKat in preview form
Google has, for all intents and purposes, rewritten Android several times since first launching the platform back in 2008. But there's a part ...

Experimental ART runtime available on new HTC One
Attention smartphone nerds — the new HTC One (M8) includes the option to use the experimental, pre-release ART runtime should you desire to make ...

ART runtime Archives - Android Origin
The team behind the custom ROM, Paranoid Android, has just released a brand new beta. As always, it includes various bug fixes, but this update ...

ART runtime Archives - Android Police - Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets
It was only 3 months ago when we first met the brand new Android Runtime, dubbed ART . In that time it has gained a substantial following by ...

Objective-C Runtime Reference
Describes the data structures and functions of the Objective-C runtime support library.

Apps can affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support
You can use Activity Monitor to see whether a Mac app is using more of the CPU than it should.