Running 1.1 and 2.0 side by side

I understand that 1.1 and 2.0 can be run side by side on the same server. and also know how to select which version a web app runs not from experience but theory.

Now what i want to know is there a guide or does anyone know how to install them both side by side on windows 2003 standard server.

Will running .net framwork 1.1 and 2.0 conflict with any other service or such on a server? for instance a server with control panel.
0
ten

I have them both running on a windows 2003 server machine and everything is wokring smoothly.

Regards

Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal

Install 1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side and use the 1.1 csc to compile a 1.0
Hi, I have the following (tricky) questions: 1. Can I install the 1.0 and 1.1 .NET Framework side-by-side with NO drawbacks on MY PC where I develop the .NET applications? (I do NOT use VS.NET) 2. After installing the 1.1 version, am I STILL ABLE to compile a 1.0 version, since our production web-server still runs on 1.0 (our development web-server was upgraded to 1.1) ?? thx Eau .... as long as you compile DLLs with the right csc.exe/vbc.exe from 1.0 or 1.1 Free ASP.NET Version Switcher may interest you.DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Running .net version 2.0 and 1.1 side by side
Hi there, I read a thread on this forum which suggested that it's possible to intall both versions 2.0 and 1.1 on the same server. Can someone please provide me more information on how this works. for example, how do you tell the application the use Version 1.1. instead of version 2? It seems to me that once you have version 2 installed it takes over version one and you can't go back but I'm sure I'm just inexperienced. One other thing, sometimes I need to compile C# classes to produce libraries (.dll). Right now in my command prompt I have access to the c# compiler for version 2. Surelly,...

.NET 2.0 side by side with 1.1
My web server is running on Windows 2000, IIS 5.1 and .NET 1.1 .  I need to install SQL 2003 and for that I need .NET 2.0 to be installed.   Can I install the 2.0 framework side by side with 1.1?  If so how do I make sure that my web site contimue using then 1.1 Framework? Thanks Hi, yes you can. Just install Framework (dotnetfx.exe) manually from command-line with /noaspupgrade switch e.g Dotnetfx.exe /c:"install /noaspupgrade" Just note that even if you'd accidentally upgrade the site without this switch, Framework 2.0 installation adds "ASP.N...

Running 1.1 and 2.0 Side-By-Side
Is it possible to run a ASP.NET 1.1 site and a 2.0 side-by-side in the same web site or virtural directory? Since I'm not sure if the web.config can be shared so I don't know if this is possible. We need to do this to slowly migrate our site.Thanks,David McCarterwww.vsdntips.comDavid McCarterMicrosoft MVPdotNetTips.comhttp://www.codeplex.com/dotNetTips I had a similar problem. I have a web application (Framework 1.1) in production, and decided to develop the new tools for this web application using the new VS 2005 (framework 2.0). I had a few problems and solved them hosting the ...

1.1 and 2.0 side by side
How can i install and run .netframeword 1.1 and 2.0 side by side on the same box? preferrable windows 2003 Just install them both.Bryan SampicaAuction Site StarterKit |My Blog will that cause any conflict and also should should it affect current application on the server running 1.4?my assumptions are as followinstall the 2.0 as 1.4 is already on the server and then they will both be runningcurrent apps under 1.4 will remain under 1.4 unless change to run under 2.0also .net framework will not affect any other service/software running on the server or in other words should not.please...

1.1 and 2.0 side-by-side
We are using a asp.net site tha depends on 7 dlls. We have upgraded the whole system to 2.0 Our problem now is that 2 of the dll's need to run under version 1.1. Can this be done? GacUtils etc? regards Jens Chr...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Side by side execution of 1.1 and 2.0 on windows 2003
 I'd like to hear from people that are running this in production for web sites. Do you have any prod servers running both web sites on 1.1 and 2.0 side by side? How reliable is this? Any issues or gotchas to be aware of? MVP's what are you recommending a shop do to get going on 2.0? Should they buy a seperate production server and test server that runs 2.0 exclusively? Doesn't 1.1 get installed by default with 2003? Any chance of security or auto-updates breaking one or the other's web sites? Thank You Leneise44:  I'd like to hear from people that are running this in pro...

DLL does not run on .Net 2.0 but runs on .Net 1.1
We have a DLL that was written in .Net 1.1. The DLL was not developed by us and therefore we do not have the source code to modify it. Based on my investigations, the DLL seems to be inheriting from the ‘system.web.ui.pair’ class. Unfortunately, this class is now sealed in .Net 2.0 and it therefore can not be used in inheritance. Does anybody have an idea on how we can make this DLL work in .Net 2.0?  Any walk arounds? Thanks Try to use Reflection to know the stucture of DLL. ThanksGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/...

Running 1.0 code on 2003 w/ 1.1 and 2.0 installed
    Hi,        I'm very new to asp.net.        I tried to teach myself asp.net a long time ago and made a few apps. But now they won't run on my new machine.       I have .net 1.1 and 2.0 installed. I'm also using a 2003 VS Pro (2002 VS AA back then). Now it seems that the web application is having troubles running.        My question is: is VS Pro 2003 w/ both .net frameworks backwards compatible? If not, can i simply just uninstall 2.0 to get my app (1.0) to run? Thanks in ...

1.1 and 2.0 side by side. do i need separate app pools?
Hi all testing some sites on a new server running 1.1 and 2.0 side by side (IIS 6) Do i need two separate app pools?  I have both running in the same app pool (default app pool) and they seem to be working?  Just wanted to clarify if i need two or can i get away with one? thanks, mcm I would HIGHLY recommend they be seperate app pools. We had tons of exceptions and debugging to do due to 1.1 and 2.0 sharing app pools. I know our SourceGear application that protects source code was corrupted (the whole vault) because it was 1.1 and it automatically ran using .NET 2.0 even ...

Web resources about - Running 1.1 and 2.0 side by side - asp.net.installation-setup

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Tony Bevan: Former Wollongong mayor accused of running paedophile network
A FORMER Kings Cross sex worker has opened his little black book containing the names and details of high profile clients he claims were a part ...

Time is running out to upgrade or abandon Internet Explorer
Microsoft is scrapping security updates for older versions of Internet Explorer as it pushes PC owners towards Windows 10.

Rodale to Fold Running Times
Rodale is folding Running Times magazine. The January/February issue will be its final publication. Rodale, which also owns Runner’s World, ...

‘Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials’ catches up with official endless running game
... with the Gladers across the Scorch. Run, Gladers, run Indeed, just like its predecessor, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials is naturally a running ...

Cardinals running backs show that they have depth too
The Cardinals were searching for a breakthrough moment in the second half and their one-two punch at running back provided just that.

Petrolicious goes running up that Hill in a Ferrari 250 GTO
Filed under: Videos , Ferrari , Classics Watch Derek Hill pilot his father's Ferrari 250 GTO in seven minutes of unedited footage courtesy of ...

Hillary Is Better Than Any Of The Republicans Running For President But, At Least At This Point, That's ...
Last night Dr. Richard Champion showed us how Hillary had helped enable BP and their offshore drilling that resulted in the world's worst marine ...

How Bear Grylls got Obama to eat half-chewed salmon from a bear on 'Running Wild'
Bear Grylls is "hugely proud" of his Alaska adventure with President Barack Obama for Grylls' show "Running Wild" on NBC, but he said there were ...

Bob Iger: Time Running Short For L.A. Football In 2016
... man guiding the effort to build an NFL stadium near Los Angeles for the Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers said Thursday that time is running ...