Problem rebuild Class Library which registers as COM Component

 hi;

I am working on a large application which is currently in ASP. Slowly we are moving it to ASP.NET and due to its scale we can not do everything at once.

The problem i have got is i have written some application level functions which would be common in ASP and ASP.NET for that application and put them in class library say (ITSClasses). I checked the tick box of Register for COM Interop so that we can use the same function in ASP as well.

All works good and when i access the Classes and methods using ASP , i am getting the desired result.

 Now i had to modify the Class library quite alot everyday and almost unlimited number of times, but when i try to rebuild it after using it once in ASP, i get an error saying Access to the path /bin/debug/ITSClasses.dll is denied. I think its cos ASP started using it COM object and it got registered. It does not happen if ASP does not use it. Also after using it in ASP i do Set the object to Nothing as well.

I am only able to rebuild it once i kill w3wp.exe process.

This is being very huge issue for me as it is taking alot of development time.

Any help .. suggestion would be highly appreciated..

Kind regards

Azhar

0
azh_ali

 Why not copy the DLL to another location before registering it?

TATWORTH
9/4/2007 7:20:20 PM

true .. but when i change any function or add more i rebuild the project and it automatically registers the dll .. now to  register it from somewhere else i have to first copy it and then use regasm to register it .. it still is not a solution .. there must be some better way to do this rather than this .. they all seem to be workarounds..

you do not wana do that when you writing code and at the same time debuging ur logic and etc..

0
azh_ali

COM problem -
Im using a 3rd party dll for CC processing. To use this dll, I had to install WSE 3.0. All is good locally, but it didnt work when I uploaded to the testing server. I asked by boss to install WSE 3.0 on the server so that I could use the dll. He installed it and I get the following error:Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {698BFD43-76AA-4D13-98FE-5BE9FF5E05B8} failed due to the following error: 80040154.[COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {698BFD43-76AA-4D13-98FE-5BE9FF5E05B8} failed due to the following error: 800401...

Register .Net Componenet as COM problems
Hallo! Don´t know if this is the right place to post this question but I hope someone out there can help me. My problem is this: I have created a .Net component that I need to use from my old ASP pages. I therefore need to register the component as a COM-object. I have two different servers that needs to have the component installed. One is a Windows 2000 Server machine and the other is a windows 2003 machine. When I install the componenet on the 2003 machine everything works perfect. But the 2000 server machine does not work and its driving me insane. The errormes...

I have a problem when install COM+ to Component Service
Hi all , I have a problem when i issue the command: regsvcs /fc MyCom.dll to install it to Component Service.The error is :"Unable open COM+ 1.0 catalog to configure component"I've installed successfully many times ago but i dont understand what happened this time.Please help me ,tnx lots Sounds like a permissions issue. Are you sure you're running the command with a user that has administrator privileges?Tomas Restrepo [MVP]tomasr@mvps.org Also double check that the user is in the Admin role of COM+ in COM+ Explorer...or is it CanAdmin...in the system application...something l...

Problems Installing .NET Components [Edit]
I'm trying to evaluate a component set ( [link:http://www.opclabs.com/Products/QuickOPCUA.aspx|http://www.opclabs.com/Products/QuickOPCUA.aspx] ) implemented in .NET The first three steps in their Quick Start doc seem as though the same process should be easily handled in Delphi XE2: [link:http://flic.kr/p/c5kpdA|http://flic.kr/p/c5kpdA] When I clicked *Next >>*, I got the *Import Component* window and noticed that *QuickOPCUA* was not registered in the *Global Assembly Cache*. I wondered if this type of registration should have been done by the QuickOPCUA installer, but when I ...

I am trying to find .NET FrameWork class libraries and ADO.NET libraries maps to hang in my cube at work or at home.
Hello,    I am in search of the .NET Framework 1.x and 2.0 and 3.0 class library maps and ADO.NET class library maps to hang/pin to my cube at work and also at home. I believe that helps understand more about the Framework and also if some thing is presented in a pictorial representation I guess I can learn more than reading whole lot of stuff.   So is there a place on the net or any company that offers this to buy or down load?   Any inputs or help me finding on this is greately appreciated.   Thanks in advance, -L   The Visual Studio magazine use...

File IO problem in .NET COM Library when late bound
Hi, I've developed a COM Library from VS.NET. The COM Library is supposed to be used by both .NET applications or legacy applications (e.g. VB6 or ASP) using late binding. The COM library requires reading settings from a XML file and than perform some works to create a PDF document. The class library works fine when it is referenced by a .NET applcations (a Windows EXE) or late bound in a VB6 Standard EXE. However, when I tried to late bind the .NET COM Library from an ASP page I keep getting the "Cannot find a part of the path" error. I've also tried to late bind the sam...

Problem Extending Class in Class Library project with WebConrol class for creating Custom Server Control.
I want to create a custim sevrer control. When I add a class and place it in the BIN directen I add a am able to extend the class with either the Control or WebControl class. But when I add a ClassLibrary project to my ASP.NET project, then I am not able to extend the class with either the Control or WebControl class. I am not able to use the System.Web.UI.WebControls. How to extend the the Class Library project class with either the Control or WebControl class?-----------------------------------------------Please click Mark as Answer if this helped. in your class library p...

Inspiron 1000 install problem (11.1, 11.2, net install, dvd install)
Ok, I have a plain jane Inspiron 1000, 2ghz celeron, 256m ram, 40gig hd, dvd. I burned 11.2 to dvd, 11.1 to dvd, tried installing both. Both get the dreaded "cannot create repository" (i'm paraphrasing). No problem, I download and burn 11.1, 11.2 net install's, checksums check out ok. I go through the first part where it downloads stuff from download.opensuse.com (or something similiar), then it fails again, not able to install. I get no message on the net installs. Just fails real quick with a red box. I tried a text install, fails. What gives? --...

.NET classes hindering .net assembly from being com?
I posted an earlier thread about instanciating a .net assembly from a com client, like an asp page. My problem was that no matter what I did, I could not get the class to instaciate, so I could not call any methods on that class. After quite a bit of trial and error, as far as weak and strong named assemblies, GAC, etc, I came to the conclusion that the object WAS being referenced properly, therefore it was not a problem getting access to the object's class declaration. My problem was that everytime I called a method on the object, I got a "object not set to instance" error. ...

Help, How to install a component to the VS .NET Component list?
HI, I have a problem now, I has just completed a ASP.NET control and now my objective is to create a setup package to install it to VS Toolbox and VS .NET Component list. I already had a solution for toolbox but I can't find any related information about .NET Component list (it's needed when developer wants to add my component from .NET Component list).Please help me!NOTE: I already had EvnDTE.dll and EnvDTE8.dll components to work with VS.Dang, ThangDang. MCSD,MCDBA,MCTS,ITProject+,PMP There is a free tool you can use to do that http://www.issoft.eu/component_installer...

Memory management for .NET classes inheriting from COM classes
Hi all, I do hope this is the right place. Our ASP.NET app uses numerous COM DLLs and we have created a seperate .NET assembly that extends the functionality of some of those DLLs (extra methods, properties, etc) and the classes therein inherit from the COM classes using 'inherits'.  I am trying to work out how i can use 'ReleaseComObject' to release the object the .NET class is derived from when the object is finished with.  It doesn't seem right to use it on the .NET derived class. [eg. ReleaseComObject(clsDotNetClassDerivedFromCOM) ].Is there any way to call this release functi...

A problem has been encountered while loading the setup components. Canceling setup.
hi,   I am facing problems with vs 2005 installation. i download from offline vs2005 sit "visual web devloper" i did as referred by site. but i get the above problem A problem has been encountered while loading the setup components. Canceling setup. i google for the error but could not fine any solution. Any ideas to solve the problem..  Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you. Ganesh@Nilgris: hi,   I am facing problems with vs 2005 installation. i download from offline vs2005 sit "visual web devloper" i did as r...

Web resources about - Problem rebuild Class Library which registers as COM Component - asp.net.installation-setup

The Des Moines Register - Des Moines news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving ...
The Des Moines Register is the number one source for Des Moines breaking news, jobs, real estate, photos, videos and blogs.

Point Pleasant Daily Register - mydailyregister.com
Local News, Sports, Obituaries, and Classifieds for Point Pleasant, WV

The American Register
Solving California’s water problem will take radical solutions, and they can begin with “virtual water.” This concept describes water that is ...

National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of properties and districts in Indiana that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places . There are over 1,700 in total. ...

AFL premiers Hawthorn Hawks register a $3.33 million profit for season 2015
Hawthorn have announced their third consecutive $3 million-plus operating profit for season 2015 on the back of their historic three-peat of ...

Kris Kobach registers two plaintiffs to vote in suspended voter lawsuit, files motion to dismiss
... is being sued for attempting to purge 37,000 people from Kansas’s voter rolls because they did not provide proof of citizenship when registering ...

FAA: You Don’t Need To Pay Someone To Register Your Drone
When you go to register your car, you don’t shop around at different companies and then pay one to perform that service. The Federal Aviation ...

Forcing Muslim Americans to register and carry special ID? Trump isn't saying no.
... have to do certain things that were frankly unthinkable a year ago.” Yahoo News asked Trump whether this level of tracking might require registering ...

FAA: No, you won't need to pay someone to register your drone
You may not like the idea of having to register your drone to fly it in the US, but you likely won't need to pay someone to handle the paperwork. ...