Portal Starter Kit Installation?

Hi, I just downloaded the Portal Site Starter kit and used the installer to place all the files into the default location on my hard drive. I have IIS installed on my computer and when I click on the link in the readme file, which is http://localhost/PortalVBSDK it takes me to a page saying server unavailable, I tried copying and pasting into my homepage which is on a host server and the same thing appears.

Im guessing it has something to do with web.config but I can't figure out what or how to change it. So here is my question in better detail;
I want to place the portal site on my server which is a remote server. After using the installer to extract the files to my harddrive, what should I do to get the site up and running so that both myself and external users can view it online?
Thanks for the help ahead of time.
0
TERM7972

Installation problem: Install Portal Starter Kit on top of MSDE
I installed MSDE. For whatever reason, the server name is my login name, say "nature", rather than the default "localhost". When I start to install the starter kit, it tries to look for "localhost". Definitely it always fails and I can't install it. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance... LeoLeo try this connection string format as a key in the web.config file: <add key="ConnectionString" value="Server='nature'; database='myDB'; User ID='myUID'; Password='myPwd' " /> ...

Portal starter kit installation
I work on installing Portal Starter kit together with SQL(MSDE), I have installed SQL MSDE as described, but when Portal installation comes to the point where you have to select a DataBase instance, there is only "localhost" to choose, which do not exist. I'm shure that I missed something, but what ??. Regards Niels J. Nielsen Some people have solved this problem by reinstalling MSDE. Follow the instruction on the System Requirements link for MSDE during installation. Vertigo Software www.vertigosoftware.com That didn't work for me and I'm still receiving the same e...

Portal Starter Kit problem with Installation
I cannot complete the installation of the Portal Starter Kit.  I perform the download and it proceeds alright until it asks me where I want put the local database instance and it gives a dropdown box.  The only value in the dropdown is 'localhost' and the install button is greyed.  when I run 'Test Connection', I get 'Connection Failed' message.  When I press 'Cancel', the install program rolls itself back.How do I get this to work? Hi m8 I take it you have got SQL running locally have you...? Also I want to know the fundamental cause and  how to slove. But I th...

Unknown Installation Error 0x80005000 while installing TimeTracker Starter Kit
I have successfully installed VWD and SQLExpress. During installation of the TT application, everything works fine, except at the end when i get this "unknown" error 0X80005000 and the whole installation rolls back. In VWD, i tried    File>New Web Site>[C#,VB]> .. but here i do not see an option for the TT template. i think this is because the TT installation did not work. Please help!...

To install or not to install?

problem in instaling the portal starter kit
hi,i am trying to install asp.net portal starter kit but i am getting errorthat the program can not open the default database server.   Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?TIA This error is telling you you do not have the correct connection string in the web.config or either you have the correct connection string but the user you set up in it does not have permission to the database defined in the string. Post your string with out the password and someone will be able ot spot the error for you.   hth BruceDynamicVB.Net...

Error installing portal starter kit
Hi I get an error right at the end of the install of ASP.Net portal. 'The system cannot find the path specified'We are installing the portal on Windows 2003 web edition which will connect to a dedicated remote Windows 2003 server with SQL 2000 on it. Any ideas? Thanks Jon  ...

Problem installing Portal Starter Kit
I downloaded the portal starter kit and tried to install it. The problem is, it says it cannot find my SQL Server. I checked it and doubled checked if it was running but still the problem persisted. Any help around here? check the connection string in the web.config file is correct I have the same problem. The installation stops when it could not connect with the SQL server. Help??? I had this same issue. I found parts of answers in a few other posts. I fixed it by: 1) creating an instance besides the default instance, name it portal or whatever you wish 2) make sure the i...

Error when installing portal starter kit
Hi I get an error right at the end of the install of ASP.Net portal.'The system cannot find the path specified'Any ideasThanks In which process? are you getting a good SQL connection and are you installing remote or local? I am not sure what you mean by which process.  We are installing the portal on Windows 2003 web edition which will connect to a dedicated remote Windows 2003 server with SQL 2000 on it.regardsJon...

Cannot install Community Starter Kit (framework and VWD Express installed)
(framework and VWD Express installed)On running setup I get Doh! Fozzy Do you have the .NET 1.1 framework installed too? VWD is a .net 2.0 tool, but the CSK is a 1.x product so if all you have is the 2.0 .NET framework that could be the problem.The actual error seems to be a connection error when the setup tool is trying to use active directory components on your system. This could be coming from you having choosen to use integrated windows authentication for the database part of setup. Try using the sa account.  Using SQL server native logins during setup may prevent t...

Installing a DotNetNuke Module in the Portal Starter Kit
Hi, I'm new to ASP.Net, so apologies if this is a basic question. I have created my own portal using the Portal Stater Kit and added modules to it. We are looking at a product Sigma-Pro by http://www.onyaktech.com/ which seems to be written for DotNetNuke, as it has a .dnn file, and i have successfully added it to my sample DotNetNuke. We would like to add it to our portal based on the Starter Kit, but are not sure how this can be done. I think the .dnn file is basically am MSI which creates the database and installs the relevant modules, so do i just have to do this all manuall...

Database issue while installing Portal Starter Kit.
I have MSDE running on my local work-station under the machine name (and not under 'localhost'). I am trying to install the ASP.NET Portal Starter Kit (to be host under IIS on my machine). When it reaches the step for database, I choose 'local' and then it comes with the dialog box of 'Test Connection' with 'localhost' written in the drop-down. This 'Test Connection' fails and as the drop down is non-editable, I even cannot enter my machine name onto it. It exits the complete setup there on. I next tried 'remote' database as installation option, but because I do not have Query Analyz...

DNN4.0 Install - Starter kit installed, no application framework template
Hello,I have been using the install instructions at:http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspxand have finally gotten an instance up on one machine.  Now, I'm trying to install on a second machine, and for some reason, the DotNetNuke Web Application Framework template does not appear.I downloaded the starter kit, and ran the .VSI just like on the other machine.  It said that the installation occurred.  I have a template for a DotNet Nuke Web site, but not the application framework.How should I proceed??? Update!I have successfully installed on the second machine.  &nbs...

Cannot install Issue Tracker Starter Kit (Yes I have the framework and VWD Express installed)
Yes I have the framework and VWD Express installed and working... What to do? Ta, Fozzy Wrong framework and IDE.  The Issue Tracker Starter Kit runs under ASP.Net v1.1, and VWD (and underlying bits) are v2.0 beta.  That's possibly the issue, but who knows for sure, since you never said what exactly it was that wasn't working, or what error you were getting. ...

Web resources about - Portal Starter Kit Installation? - asp.net.installation-setup

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...

Ghosts of the Murrumbidgee to come alive in National Museum's eerie installation
Collections from the National Museum of Australia will come alive on Friday night in a ghostly installation on the banks of the Murrumbidgee ...

Australia leads world in household solar panel installations
Australia has the highest rate of household solar panel installation in the world.

Tesla Powerwall home installations are starting for pilot customers
A first look at the consumer-facing Powerwall from Tesla. (credit: Megan Geuss) Tesla has begun shipping 7kWh stationary batteries— branded ...