Please HELP It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an ap

I have:

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

I found:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/insider/iisi0204.mspx
and
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/insider/iisi0103.mspx
but still can not FIX it
can someone give me link what to do 1 by 1 to fix it
10x
val
http://www.montrealads.ca
http://www.whoiswho.ca
http://www.bluelabs.ca
0
bluelabs

1. Open the IIS Control Panel (inetmgr from command prompt)
Expand the appropriate nodes to navigate to the virtual directory of your application.
Right click on the virtual directory and select Properties.
You will find a label Application and a textbox near it and a button "create"
Click on "create" and it would create the application for your virtual directory.
Give ok twice.
That should resolve your issue.

2. If you are using a sub-directory which also has a web.config file, then in that web.config you cannot specify attributes like Authentication Mode, Session state etc.,
Write back if the above steps doesnt help.
Thanks.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh
3/14/2005 10:33:46 AM
I do that a 100 times still not work. even change web.config with new one.

I have this problem since I do upgrate from upgrate.microsoft.com 5-March-05
All my applications run well only that one can not be run.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.
Source Error:

Line 76: "Forms", "Passport" and "None"
Line 77: -->
Line 78: <authentication mode="Windows"/>
Line 79: <!-- AUTHORIZATION
Line 80: This section sets the authorization policies of the application. You can allow or deny access

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\BlueLabs\web.config Line: 78

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

http://www.montrealads.ca
http://www.whoiswho.ca
http://www.bluelabs.ca
0
bluelabs
3/15/2005 1:43:46 AM

In IIS, do you see the Virtual directory as a Folder (folder icon) or a virtual directory icon (green crossed)
Thanks.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh
3/16/2005 2:50:28 PM
YES i see it it is a open box with greecrosed.

But I think the problem comes because can not IMPORT:
I do the Reference but still can not use Import something wrong with Assembly
for example I have my OWN DLL which I do reference and Properties: "Copy Local"
but when I try to open some Page it is give me Error
WebForm -- The base class 'MyCommonDLL" could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced or build if it is part of the projet.
Make sure all of the classes used in the page are build or referenced in the project. Click Help for more...
WHEN click HELP all is OK
Even simple like that:
Imports System.Web.Mail
Imports System.Text
I have reference but can not use in bottom code

val

http://www.montrealads.ca
http://www.whoiswho.ca
http://www.bluelabs.ca
0
bluelabs
3/16/2005 10:35:20 PM
Updating references...

Performing main compilation...
vbc : error BC30464: Namespace or type 'dll' in the project-level Imports 'C:\Documents and Settings\valBG\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\MyCommonDLL\obj\Release\MyCommonDLL.dll' cannot be found.
Building satellite assemblies...

that's my problem how to FIX it?
10x
val
http://www.montrealads.ca
http://www.whoiswho.ca
http://www.bluelabs.ca
0
bluelabs

I guess you had a bad installation.
Better do a reinstallation of VS.NET
Thanks.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh

Just figured this one out myself as well. It might be caused by another web.config file (as part of some backup) inside the directory which is hosted
by the personal web server in Visual Studio. Check that, it might help.

This is what happened to me: http://www.itcrowd.be/entry/allowDefinition+%3d+'MachineToApplication'.aspx

0
delegatevoid

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application i
Hi Friends  i host the applicatin on server.I got the  error as Virtual  Directory not cofigured.I am using .net frame work 2.0 and i create the virtual directory in application Server. I am using Form authentication for application. I checked  virtual directory is created successfully. I need help to set any other properties virtual directory properites.  Do you have a sub web.config files ? i mean config files other than the one in the main directory ? if so , please make sure to remove the <authentication> section from them. Regards,Anas G...

I added this to my web.config as specified in the article http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000008.asp <authentication mode="Windows"/> I get this error when I try loading my aspx page: "It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS." I checked my IIS virtual directory and it has a name in for the application name in it's properties so I don't get why I still have this err...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application i
Hi i am getting this error, i am using visual studio 2005 and i have IIS 6, what do i need to do to rectify this problem, thank you. Can i also add that this error just came out of the blue, because the last time i started up the project it worked fine....

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configure
Dear All, I am a newbie and this is my first time trying to run asp.net :) I was trying to deploy the wrox asp.net sample code and this is what I got when I tried to run it. I created a virtual directory called "wrox". I have changed the username in the machine.config <processModel> to: userName="SYSTEM" password="AutoGenerate" I thought it was supposed to run because it is WROX OFFICIAL SAMPLE CODE. Server Error in '/wrox' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configur...

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configure
Hello. I got this error on my brinkster hosting.   I have a virtual directory and on the virtual directory is a fodler called webroot. and on this there are 7 subdirectorys according to each one of my domains.  As the error says. I cant create a virtual directory because its not a dedicated server.     Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. ...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application i #2
Hi All,I built a website which works. I needed to be able to generate 2 versions of the same website so I built a tool that dynamicaly generates the DAL and BLL. It also copies various standard files from a template to the target source location. It also processes variouse source files to customise them based on certain settings. Anyway it all works. I can generate a version of the original site. However, my problem comes when I run the tool to generate my orginal site. I am unable to build it and I get the following error:"It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition=&...

VS 2008 error 'It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
 I am using VS 2008 on Windows XP. I downloaded the Ajax Control Toolkit. I am working on Liberty's Programming ASP.NET 3.5 AjaxDemo.aspx. When I hit F5 I get the following error message: "Error    1    It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."  I do not have IIS on this machine. I checked out   http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh/archive/2005/04/25/...

Error 102 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
 Hi there, i'm greatful if nayone can help me with it. i'm stuck with this error, trying to get to working but to no avail. Error    102    It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.   ...\Web.config    389     i read lots of the posts but the solutions offered there did not resolve my problem. here is what i've tried...

error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level
can anyone plz help me to get rid of this situaton.  Description:  An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. Source Error: Line 70: Line 71: Line 72: Line 73: Line 74:...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
 i have installed one C# project it is giving following error as i try to run itError 1 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. C:\Program Files\Microsoft\.NET Pet Shop 4.0\PrecompiledWeb\Web\web.config 63 can anybody help thanks  Stupid question but is your virtual directory being configured as an application in IIS?The erros tells that a section in the web.config is not allowed to use in you...

error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
Dear Helpers,  I find a error as follows when I run the program under VS.net 2005. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS It highlighted the following code in web.config.  <system.web>    <identity impersonate="true" userName="xxxxxx" password="xxxxxxx" />    <customErrors mode="Off"/> &n...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
Hey everyone.  I have an online application, and im trying to stick in a calendar it works well when i run it at VS05 environment  when i upload it and try to run it; Server Error in '/SQL' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level
Hello, I am getting this error and dont know what to do. I have no access to the server but ftp access. I had the server people define the folder with the code in it as an application and I still get the error message. The folder is off the public directory and only has 1 web.config file in in it.Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level
I know there are some posts already regarding this and I've read them.  So please don't simply tell me that the web.config can't be in a subdirectory. Here's my situation...  I am a website designer and I have server space that I pay for (i.e. I can't bring up IIS on my desktop).  I do, however, have a Plesk control deck for my domain.  I have clients that I build website for.  How do I set up individual application directories under Plesk? For example: /client1/client2/client3etc.a different app in each directory for each of my clients in ...

Web resources about - Please HELP It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an ap - asp.net.installation-setup