Performance Monitor Snap-in - Missiing Performance Objects

I am trying to monitor our ASP.NET web application, running on Windows Server 2003 & IIS 6.

When I open the Performance Snap-In, I am unable to select the standard Performance objects I see in Windows 2000 server - namely ASP.NET, ASP.NET Applications, ASP.NET Apps v1.1.4322 and ASP.NET v1.1.4322

Can somebody tell me what's happening? Am I missing something?

dcentgye

Performance Monitor vs performance
Hello, does Sybase Central Performance Monitor affect performance? We've had a problem, the db server was reacting very slow denying almost all of the work of around 100 concurrent users, with throwing all of them out as more users came in. The only major change done was that the Sybase Performance monitor was left to be run overnight, with the following statistics: Packets Sent Packets Received Requests Threads Unscheduled Requests I understand that SC PM queries the server, but could this have a major impact on overall performance? Thanks, Pavel IMO the ...

Performance monitor and performance counters
I'm trying to figure out why performance counters won't work on my machine. We've got 2 windows 2003 servers, and if I try to access ANY of the performance counter related objects in the System.Diagnostic namespace I get this: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.AllocHGlobal(IntPtr cb) at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceMonitor.GetData(String item) Of course the call stack is actually larger than that, but the point is right here. The same code works fine on any of our XP or 2000 Pro boxes. Anyone know wha...

.net performance monitor
When I go into the windows performance monitor, I see the asp.net and asp.net application along with regular asp as items that can be monitored. The regular asp works fine and shows results, but both the .net and the .net applications show all counters as 0 and the .net applications running are not listed. I have 2 windows 2003 servers and the performance data and applications are listed on one and not the other. The only difference is that the one that isn't working is part of a domain as a controller and was upgraded to 2003. I've tried uninstalling iis and reinstalling and that had no eff...

Establishing a performance baseline re performance Monitors
OK I'm new to this. But I am administering a newly created network of <100 systems using ASA 7.0.2 I would like to set up some monitors to know what the "typical load" during a week is. Which monitors are the most important? Should I use the monitors in the W2K instead? -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Install fail on m6.net hosting. Installs up to the line Performing general upgrades.
I successfully managed to install on my dev XP Pro machine but then when I tried to run the install on my hosting provider m6.net I found the DB tables, views, sp are created but that is it. In the install page I get this error. <!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration>    <system.web>        <customErrors mode="Off"/>    </system.web></configuration> <!-- Web.Config Configuration File --><configuration>    <system.web>    &n...

PowerDynamo object in NT Performance Monitor
Dear ALL, I'd like to use NT's performance monitor to monitor the Dynamo/IIS performance. When I look into the EAS PowerDynamo User guide v.3.5 (Ch 3 P.70), it says that there is a Power Dynamo object in the [Edit]->[Add to Chart]. However, I can't find it, is there anything I missed during EA Server my installation ? BTY, Anyone can tell me which indicator is useful in determining PD's performance in IIS ? Thanks Steven ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Monitoring software being installed on performance test machines
This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 4880 and 3156) --425Rl06E0qFj6mmMT9W9cKhRFp5Vosime Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable tl:dr: We recently installed system monitoring software on our buildbot masters, build-not-test slaves, and various other RelEng machines. IT want to continue this rollout, deploying monitoring software onto RelEng production test machines, which raises a concern about possible impact to performance numbers. If you see any production impact, please let us know. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D We are being ask...

[...]

SQL Anywhere object not appearing in NT performance monitor
Does anybody have an idea why the SQL Anywhere object is not appearing in NT performance monitor. It doesn't show up in the object drop-down when you add items to the chart. I have re-installed SA 5.0.0.3 from scratch. Does it only work with a later release of SA? Running NT 4.0 with Service Pak 2 ...

Performance Monitoring
Hi, Could anyone out there recommend any good books, websites etc. for performance tuning of SQL Anywhere 5.5.05, there doesn't seem to be that many books around on SQL Anywhere (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!!). We have a customer who is running SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 Base build no EBF's, on NT4. their database is approx. 9GB in size. We would like to know if anyone has any knowledge/experience which they would like to share in performance tuning on NT. Anything on storing replication or mirrored logs on separate drives or separate computers, getting the most out ...

Performance Tools
Dear All, I am having difficulty that after I complete a project and run the performance tool, by looking at the report, I do not know whether it's performing well, as there is no benchmark for me to refer to. Is there any guide that how to consider the performance is not up to the satisfactory level? Or is there any benchmark that how many bytes of allocated memory is considered unacceptable that we need to look into? Regards,Shelyn...

performance monitoring
We have moved our database from a slower machine to a faster dual PIII-1Ghz machine and are trying to do some performance tuning. The application is being accessed via Citrix Metaframe XP 1.0 SP1. There are a few times per day when the application seems to really slow down. What we'd like to do is monitor the backend to see if it is a problem with one of our stored procedures or triggers or to see if there is a long running process which could be affecting this. We've already been able to take Citrix out of the mix as it is performaning as it should. Does anyone have any r...

Performance monitoring
Hi, I need CPU performance monitoring. I tried PdhAddCounter.... but Power 2.1 professional can�t link it. any ideas ? best regards Joerg On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:44:38 +0200, "Joerg Kuechen" <kuechen@gavitec.de> wrote: >Hi, > >I need CPU performance monitoring. I tried PdhAddCounter.... >but Power 2.1 professional can�t link it. > >any ideas ? > >best regards >Joerg Do you mean you want to profile your application? There is a /et switch for the compiler that is such that it uses Pentium cycle counts to measure how m...

Performance Monitoring
I need an off the shelf simply product that allows me to  do basic performance monitoring of my website and database.  I realize I can setup up performance counters but I would like a simple product that will do that for me.  I am especially interested in SQL Server / ADO.NET monitoring -- memory use, number of connections  open, etc.  Suggestions? Jay I am looking for the same thing, so I am going to attach myself to this thread. Thanks.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point an...

Web resources about - Performance Monitor Snap-in - Missiing Performance Objects - asp.net.installation-setup

Master & Dynamic MW60 wireless headphones offer style and performance
Priced at £419 (€579/$549), there's no denying that Master & Dynamic's wireless MW60 headphones are expensive—but boy do they look it. Cast out ...

Consumers value this in-car technology more than driving performance
... by the infotainment screen has been growing over the past year. In fact, consumers value in-car technology more than the car's driving performance, ...

‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
One of the tracks Daniel Pemberton composed for awards contender Steve Jobs is ‘Circus of Machines’. The operatic piece that was performed last ...

Ariana Grande Ditches Her Signature Ponytail For a Burlesque-Inspired AMAs Performance
Ariana Grande Ditches Her Signature Ponytail For a Burlesque-Inspired AMAs Performance

Supercomputing Trends: Performance Lags, China Rises, Cray Gains
While the overall performance of systems continues to increase, that growth continues to slow. We look at these and other supercomputing trends. ...

AMD’s new Radeon Crimson software crushes Catalyst, boosts performance
AMD has launched a complete overhaul of its driver stack today, with new performance boosting features, per-game overclocking, shader cache support, ...

Review: 'The Danish Girl' Saved By Powerful Performance, Striking Cinematography
It is sad that, despite progress toward greater equality and recognition of the human rights of marginalized people and communities, we live ...

Miranda Lambert On Gwen Stefani’s AMAs Performance – My Heart Goes Out To Her - Hollywood Life
Gwen Stefani is dating Miranda Lambert's ex-husband, but her performance of 'Used To Love You' at the AMAs on Nov. 22, made Miranda feel nothing ...

Jennifer Lopez Conquers The 2015 American Music Awards With Show-Stopping Performance
Pop diva Jennifer Lopez opened the 2015 American Music Awards with a show-stopping performance to a medley of hit songs and an epic change of ...