Not seeing Oracle Data Provider for .NET in Change Data Source window

We've been chasing this down for a couple of days now, and for some reason haven't found an answer as to why.

Problem: We've installed Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET with Oracle 10g Release 2 ODAC 10.2.0.2.21... but we are not seeing the Oracle Data Provider for .NET in the Change Data Source window of VS2005 Team Edition.

I've seen many posts and helpful sites that show this as an option after installing said product.  We've installed and reinstalled, and have checked the GAC, machine.config and registry settings, but it is not showing up.  It is in the GAC as expected, it shows as an entry in the DbProviderFactories section of the machine.config, and the registry appears to be in order under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ODP.NET\2.102.2.20.

Can anyone tell me what we may need to do other than install that would make it show up in the Change Data Source window of VS2005?

Many thanks in advance!

0
tooheysm

Dont you need to still add the a reference to the Oracle.DataAccess.Client for your program?

Eric

0
eseidel
10/2/2008 2:26:02 PM

Well, you do when you go to reference it in the code, which we have done and it works when referencing it in the code.  The problem I am referring to is really outside of the scope of an application configuration.  For example, when I don't actually have a solution open, I should be able to view the Server Explorer, right-click on the Data Connections, and choose Add Connection.  From this window, I click on the Change button for the Data Source, but the resulting pop-up window doesn't show the Oracle Data Provider for .NET.  So the end result is that we can't add a connection in the Server Explorer using the Oracle Data Provider for .NET.

Ultimately, we would like to be able to click and drag from the Server Explorer to a dataset object.

0
tooheysm
10/2/2008 2:38:00 PM

Change Data Source

We DO NOT see the string "Oracle Data provider for .NET" in the "Data provider" drop down on this screen referenced in the following link

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/appdev.111/b28844/building_odt.htm#CHDIDGGJ

In our "Change Data Source" screen of Visual Studio 2005 the only options available are the following:

".NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle"

".NET Framework Data Provider for OLE DB"

 Any help would be appreciated, thanks,

scotter59

0
scotter59
10/8/2008 1:20:24 PM

 Please check compatibilty of ODP u r using with .NET framework

0
bhidwariav
10/10/2008 9:56:54 AM

Thanks for the response.

Following your suggestion found this post on Oracle Don't see Oracle Data Provider for .NET in dropdown choices   which states the following:
Integration with Server Explorer only available in ODAC 2007 beta (11.1.0.5.10). ODAC 10.2.0.2.21 has its own Oracle Explorer.

So it looks like we get to wait till a trusted version of Oracle 11g Client comes out... It was slowly sinking in....

Thanks again,

Scott

0
scotter59

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

Changing data source of data window object
Hi, Our application data window objects have been defined as either Quick Select or SQL Select. However, we have to change all of them to stored procedures. What is the method to be adopted for going about this change so that we do not have to touch our data window control code. Regards, Uma ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp None that I know of. If you learn the syntax that PB uses, you can do an edit source (depending on the version of PB you are using) and make the change directly. On 11 Jun 2004 05:18:3...

The .Net Data SQL Provider (System.Data.SqlClient) requires Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later.
I am getting error like The .Net Data SQL Provider (System.Data.SqlClient) requires Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later. i am working with windowsXP. Already in my system i have MDAC 2.7. I donot know why am i getting error like this. anybody help me please...

OraOledb.Oracle issue: always poits to the old data source even after changing the data source in connection string
Hi,       Previously OraOledb.Oracle pointed to a test data source as below <ConnectionString value="Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Password=toast;User ID=toast;Data Source=testToast.sin.infineon.com;Persist Security Info=True" /> . But now that I want it to point to another data source as below  <ConnectionString value="Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Password=alpha2100;User ID=toast;Data Source=devtoast.sin.infineon.com;Persist Security Info=True" /> The issue is, it still fetches the records/data from the old connection string i.e Data Source=testToas...

reference for .net data provider for Oracle
Does anybody know of a reference for the new .net data provider for Oracle. In the MSDN site there is still only references for the Sql Server data provider and the oledb provider. Or should I just use the sql server reference and substitute oracle for sql? Here you go... http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=40032&area=search&ordinal=1 Anil - - http://SecureCoder.com - Architecture & Security in an Insecure World - thanks, but that wasnt' what I was looking for. I was hoping for more of a reference like at http://msdn.microsoft.com/lib...

Oracle Spatial support in Devart's ADO.NET Data Provider for Oracle [Edit]
dotConnect for oracle v. 7.3 http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/ , ADO.NET Provider from Devart, includes support for Oracle Spatial in the projects, using Entity Framework. Devart Team constantly implements all the available Entity Framework innovations, and shortly after the introduction of DbGeometry and DbGeography classes in Entity Framework 5 has implemented support for Oracle Spatial in the Entity Framework provider for Oracle. Oracle MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY object type can now be mapped to DbGeometry and DbGeography classes. Now dotConnect for Oracle includes new versions of Devar...

Data window's Data source is Oracle Procedure
Hello I created one Packed in that i created one PROCEDURE now i want to use that oracle procedure in data window as a data source. but when i created a new datawindow (PB9)in select store procedure dialog box i cant see that procedure or package in a list what i have to please tell me . regards s Patel First, the procedure has to return a ref cursor to be used as a datasource with a datawindow (natively). Second, your userid must have execute permission on the package/procedure. Third, you need to configure you PB database connection on the SYSTEM tab, there's a checkbox t...

Dont see oracle provider on the data source
 I started to use oracle on my site, so far everything was good in the behind code, but now i what to connect a gridview to datasource(through design) and I dont see the Oracle Data Provider for .NET (ODP.NET) from Oracle in the list on the datasource component... Why not and how to fix that? You need to install oracle tools for visual studio delete me. <Scratch All>  I downloaded this  http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odpnet/index.html the file under: "Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio .NET with Oracle 10g Release 2...

Oracle Data Providers and NET 2.0
I am trying to gather a list of possible .NET 2.0 Data PRoviders to access an Oracle database other than the Microsoft Oracle provider and ODP.NET. Anyone using any that they would recommend and are industrial strength?Thanks,Bill KBill KirkmanConcentra Preferred Systemsbkirkman@-nospam-concentra.com Here is the link . http://www.datadirect.com/products/net/index.ssp Actually I don't use this product but people said it's much faster than the microsoft and the oracle data provider. ...

Oracle Data Provider for .NET 2.0
Does anybody know where to find the Oracle Data Provider for ASP.NET 2.0 (if it exists)?Thanks Hello, You can use the SQLDataSource to connect to Oracle.  SQL doesn't mean SQL Server, but rather a SQL database.Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).  T ry the link below I am not saying it includes the Asp.net 2.0 provider but this is a new tool from Oracle.  Hope this helps.http://www.oracle.com/webapps/dialogue/dlgpage.jsp?p_dlg_i...

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

Child entities not showing in generated pages when underlying data source is ADO.NET Entity Data Model
Hi Everyone, I have been playing with ASP.NET Dynamic Data to determine if it can be used for some inhouse data administration over a database I have.  I am using it against an ADO.NET Entity Data Model.  In my model I have a Person entity and a StaffMember Entity.  StaffMember inherits from Person using the table per type mapping model. As far as the ADO.NET Entity Data Model goes, everything is working well.  However, when I run my Dynamic Data application only the Person entity appears in the "Tables" list.  Is there a...

Web resources about - Not seeing Oracle Data Provider for .NET in Change Data Source window - asp.net.installation-setup

Provider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Providers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeppe Federspiel and Rasmus Stabell started as musicians playing drums. Years later, they joined forces to form Providers, an urban production ...

Facebook App Provider North Social Is Already Thinking About The Holidays
Facebook application provider North Social used its iFrame Editor Facebook app to create a quiz for its Facebook page, with a surprise at the ...

Phone and internet complaints fall at most providers
Optus has overtaken Vodafone as the most complained-about phone and internet provider per customer in Australia, according to an industry survey. ...

Online payment providers duel for supremacy
The proliferation of smartphones is presenting a once-in-a-generation opportunity to introduce a new paradigm.

KGI expects Apple to sell 2.5M iPad Pros in Q4 as TSMC found to be sole provider of A9x chip
... in January, although it’s unclear if it will breakdown iPad Pro numbers specifically. Also of note, Kuo shares that TSMC is the sole provider ...

Providers
Doctors are physicians, not "care-providers." If your doctor does things by the book, then he/she is not focusing on you. Dr. Accad wrote a ...

How extorted e-mail provider got back online after crippling DDoS attack
Enlarge (credit: www.govcert.admin.ch/ ) ProtonMail, the encrypted e-mail provider that buckled under crippling denial-of-service attacks even ...

Pacific Controls Is Recognised Among ‘50 Most Promising IoT Solution Providers 2015’ by CIOReview Magazine ...
Pacific Controls is recognised among &lsquo;50 Most Promising IoT Solution Providers 2015&rsquo; by CIOReview magazine

Report: Juniper Is Eating Cisco's Lunch In U.S. Service Provider Routing Market
Report: Juniper Is Eating Cisco's Lunch In U.S. Service Provider Routing Market CRN Juniper Networks appears to be on a comeback in the U.S. ...