Need help with vs.net and msde deployment

I have a website that I have created locally with vs.net.  I also created the database using the vs.net database controls.

Here is my issue. I need to get my web pages on the hosting server and place my msde database on the sql server database. Will I have to re-create every table and stored procedure, or what? Is there some way to 'disconnect' my database in vs.net and port it up to the sql server database? Then will I only have to place my asp.net files on the web host?
0
jlindahl

If you have a SQL Server setup at your service you can use the Import/Export Data Wizard to copy the data and the database definition itself to the production server. You also can connect to the MSDE instance inside the Enterprise Manager, right click the database and choose to generate a SQL script that can be copied to the production server to run against the database over there (to set up the database tables, sprocs, etc).
Bart De Smet [MVP]

Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net
0
bdesmet
12/21/2004 11:18:41 PM
I don't have have Enterprise Manager.  I only have MSDE on my local machine.  I connect to that instance from inside Visual Studio.net.

I did find some commands using osql that will allow me to disconnect the database and attach it to another location. I will give that a try today.
Thanks.
0
jlindahl
12/22/2004 12:54:29 PM
Detaching your database files and uploading them is not recommended. Out of personal experience I can tell you that this can cause problems. The preferred way to deal with this is indeed to generate a script and run this against your production database server, as Bart has described.
0
jaysee36
1/2/2005 2:26:45 PM
Can I generate a script from the MSDE command window or must I have Enterprise Manager?
0
jlindahl

I need help installing IIS/MSDE/VS.NET
Ok, I've tried doing it my self. No luck. I need help on which to install first, and should I just use the default. Also, I've seen a lot of different ways to install MSDE, so how should I set that up to work. It would be on a XP Pro machine, so what IIS 5.0, MSDE downloaded from Microsoft, with the latest patches (yes there are some), and VS.NET 2003 Academic. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. OK here is what I have had to do a few times. First to make this easy you may want to un-install the .Net framework. This makes a few things easier to start. Then: 1...

Can I install and use my VS.NET 2002 MSDN Help in VS.NET 2003?
Hi! I would like to know if I could install MSDN help from VS.NET 2002 (Architect) for VS.NET 2003 (Architect). Thanks! :)...

Urgent! Help needed in vs.net 2003 installation
hey hi everyone! i am installing vs.net 2003 on Win-XP with service pack 1.. also i wanted to install sql server 2000 it says,, win-XP doesnt support for the sql server and installs only the client resources,, :( also while installing vs.net 2003,,, its giving errors... is it not possible to install sql server,, vs.net over win-xp with service pack 1?  regards--kiran--Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. You can install SQL Server Developer Edition, or Personal Edition on Windows XP, but Standard Edition and Enterprise Editi...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

How to deploy a VS.VB net project to websever withour VS.net
The VB app is developed on VS.net professional. I plan to deploy it on a web server that doesn't have VS.net. Would the code behind files cause problems? Should I compile the app and deploy the assembly only? I'd appreciate some quickstart tips on how to deploy a VS.net VB project to websever withour VS.net. Thanks. Please mark the post(s) that have helped you as "Answer" The only thing you would need to do is compile the project and push the .aspx files and the bin folder to the server, and of course any other sub-folders that are used in your app like images. The...

both VS .NET 2003 AND VS .NET 2005 ARE INSTALLED SAME COMPUTER. IT IS POSSABLE
Edited by moderator XIII: please use a normal font size: Hi I have my computer Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Framwork 1.1 and all propram are runing VS .NET 2003 . I want to load my computer VS .NET 2005 and Framwork 2.0. I am not Interest to uninstalled VS .NET 2003 AND Framwork 1.1. I want both VS .NET 2003 AND VS .NET 2005 ARE INSTALLED SAME COMPUTER. IT IS POSSABLE . PLEASE HELP ME. IF ANY PROBLEM ARE THER IF VS ..NET 2003 AND 2005 ARE SAME COMPUTER. Please help me. Saikat Hi, I have both the frameworks and IDE's installed on my dev laptop without any problems. However if you wish t...

Need help in installing VSS server and client, VS.NET 2003 and VS2005
Hello,     Here is the brief explanation of my environment. I have quite a number of applications developed using VS.NET 2003. When these applications were devloeped there was no VSS installed or used at all as a code repository. Now we have bought MSDN premium subscription so we got VS.NET 2005 and also VSS 2005 and a whole lot of other software as wel.      All the application that were developed using VS.NET 2003 sitting on the same box where they were developed. Now I also got a brand new development box where I will be installing my VS.NET 2005 and VSS 2005 ...

Is it possible to install vs.net 2003 ans vs.net 2005 on the same machine ?
hello, All:             I am use the vs.net 2003 on my computer ,now I want to install vs.net 2005 on  the same machine .             is it possible to do it ?  when I install vs.net 2005 finish,anything special need to be config ?   thanks in advanced!   Yes you can install both.  You will need the 2.o/3.0 version of the framework for 2005, and if you run 1.1 and 2.0+ apps on IIS you'll need to set up sepaarte application pools (IIS6). JeffP...

Can you have VS .net 2003 AND VS.net 2005 Beta 2 installed on same machine?
Right now I have Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 installed on my machine, but I also need to put on the Visual Studio 2003 Professional to work with some older projects. Can I installed the Visual Studio 2003 Professional on the same machine with out messing anything up?Thanks Yes you can have them side by side!   Also see http://blogs.msdn.com/robcaron/archive/2005/04/20/410224.aspx link of Robcorn, it also could helps you!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti great thanks, I am installing the 2003 version now on my machine that already has the ...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

Can I install Visual Basic 6 on my machine which has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005?
I may have a need to use Visual Basic 6 for a legacy project in the near future.  I was wondering if I can install VB6 on my machine which already has VS.NET 2003 & VS.NET 2005 installed on it? I did not know if doing so would cause issues or not so thought I would ask before just leaping and doing.   Ira Richard Smith At one time i had to install Visual Basic 6 on my machine with VS.NET 2003 and had "NO" issues. I would suggest take a backup of your machine or a restore point before you proceed. Please post your experience. I am sure some one would appreci...

VS.NET setup and deployment
Hi, I am trying to use VS.NET setup and deployment to deploy a ASP.NET application to a web site. The web server that I am trying to deploy to has 2 web roots under IIS. I would like to install to a specific root web site. Both the web roots use the same port 80 (they are configured to use host headers). Is there a way I can specify the URL when creating the deployment package. Thank You for you help. -Vasudha...

Do I need VS 1.0 to install VS 2003 (.NET 1.1)?
I got a new computer where I will need to install my copies of VS 2003 and VS 2005.  All copies are legal with original disks.   I purchased VS 2003 as an upgrade to VS.NET that came before VS 2003.  Do I need to install that very first version 1.0 of VS in order to install VS 2003? Thank you in advance.   If it's an upgrade version, then you will need the previous version installed.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Thank you for your reply.  However, I was hoping that VS 2003 coul...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003 #2

Web resources about - Need help with vs.net and msde deployment - asp.net.installation-setup

Quality function deployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... developed QFD in Japan in 1966, when the author combined his work in quality assurance and quality control points with function deployment used ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

Massive Growth in SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
When we posted in May about the state of STARTTLS deployment, we had no idea that we would see such significant changes to email encryption across ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

CICADA Autonomous Deployment Demonstration - YouTube
The Naval Research Laboratory Vehicle Research Section has successfully completed flight tests for the Autonomous Deployment Demonstration program. ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

Canberra teen pens experience of Defence deployment through child's eyes in Soon
"When you're as young as [seven] 13 months is ages: that's a Christmas and a birthday and an Easter and a whole family's worth of things ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...