Need help with .NET Framework configuration

Hello,

I am building an application in C# and trying to use the System.data.odbc namespace. Here is the code:

OdbcConnection myConn = new OdbcConnection("DSN=TestAsp");
string myInsertQuery = "INSERT INTO Login_Info (user_id, password) Values('xxx', 'xxx')";
OdbcCommand myOdbcCommand = new OdbcCommand(myInsertQuery);
myOdbcCommand.Connection = myConn;
myConn.Open();
myOdbcCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();
myOdbcCommand.Connection.Close();
But I realize now that I have .NET frame work 1.0.xxx and odbc is not supported, when I tried to compile the application. So I went ahead and installed .NET Frame work 1.1 SDK and tried to compile it again, same error because that application is still using the 1.0 frame work. So I did a little more research and found out that I may have to change the web.config file and add this entry but still no luck.
<startup>
<requiredRuntime version="v1.1.4322" safemode="true"/>
</startup>
What can I do to work around this problem? I have Visual Studio .NET 2002 and I am trying to create a application that uses the .NET frame work 1.1.xxxx
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Azam
0
holyinsomniac

I don't use VS.NET, so I don't know whether you can do the following through the IDE.

However, if you open IIS, locate your web application, and view its Properties, you will
see a tab named ASP.NET. On this tab you can change the .NET version against which
this web application will execute.
Alister
0
SomeNewKid
1/6/2005 5:33:29 AM
My database is not on my local machine, it is at a host Reseller-center. Am I suppose to have IIS installed on my desktop?
0
holyinsomniac
1/6/2005 6:44:30 AM
Can I suggest that you ask your question in the Visual Studio .NET forum? Your question is not about the setup of ASP.NET itself, but rather about how to get VS.NET 2002 to work with .NET v1.1.

Sorry to pass the buck, but I think you'll find the guidance you need in that forum.

Alister
0
SomeNewKid
1/6/2005 7:59:52 AM
sure, no problem
0
holyinsomniac

Installing ODP.net Docs into .Net Framework Help
Does anyone know how to go about installing the ODP.Net Help files into the .Net Framework help system? I know it just works with Visual studio. It seems i may need to generate a HxI file for the system. I have no idea how to go about this....

need help to install .NET Compact Framework
I have .NET Framework version v.1.0.3705 and v.1.1.4322 installed in my notebook and they work fine. now, that i am trying to install .NET CF v.1.0.3300. but i have the following errors: Microsoft .NET assembly mscorblib cannot be found Microsoft .NET assembly System namespace cannot be found + other namespaces cannot be found. Could it be because of the difference versions that have been installed? how to solve it? pls reply in details. many thanks in advance. delete the v.1.0.3705 Maybe I'm missing something, but I think the .NET CF only runs on a pocket PC like an...

Need HELP!!! Problems on instalation .net framework 1.1
Hi guys, I have problem with instalation fw 1.1, when I try it, I got this message, even on fresh instalation of windows xp sp2: http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/1226/dotneterror19jj.png http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2959/dotneterror26yt.png I'm pretty noob about these things so dont know what to do, please help....

I need help setting up and configuring .Net
Hello everyone, How is everyone doing? I need everyone's help if at all possible on setting up and configuring ASP.Net, VS.Net and other stuff on my laptop.First off, I used to be an active member of this forum, and I used to do alot of .Net programming, mainly in ASP.Net and VS.Net.  I haven't programmed much in the last 2 or 2.5 years and I've forgotten alot of things. I just bought a brand new HP Laptop last Saturday and I need major help on setting up .Net on my laptop.Here are the specs on my machine:AMD Turion 64-bit Ultra 2.1 GHz with 4 GB DDR2, WIndows Vi...

How can I detect if .NET Framework is installed on my visitor machine over the net?!
Thanks! The client doesn't require the .NET Framework. Steven BeyRecursion: see Recursion You can detect from Request object Response.Write(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")) You will get value some thing like Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) See, Its not only tells that your client machine have .NET Framwork but it will also tells you about the installed version(s).~ Firoz AnsariPune, Indiahttp://www.firozansari.comWhy product testing is important? Many thanks, but is that a ...

How to configure VS.NET to use NET Framework 2.0?
Hello I have just downloaded the beta version of .NET Framework 2.0 and I have Visual Studio 2003. How can I configure VS to use this new version 2.0, instead of 1.1? Thank you in advance. - Jasem Jasem Al-ShamlanInternet Applicationshttp://i.com.kwKuwait You can't, to build a .Net 2.0 application you need VS 2005./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

Do I need to install .NET Framework Redistributable?
Hi everyone,I'm using Win XP Professional SP2 and trying to intall ASP.NET. I just wondering if I still need to install .NET Framework Redistributable ? If i do then where can I download it? thanks Not the redistributable, just the .NET 1.1 framework.  From Windows Update is easiest.Perhaps if you explained the problem you're having, we could help you find a solution.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Need help installing with aplus.net
Can someone please help me install Dotnetnuke on my web host aplus.net?  I really need this site up asap but I am having a lot of problems.  Thanks in advance!Shane LathamShane Latham Shane,      What plan do you have with aplus.net. You need to be on either Proxima or Maxima hosting. These are the only ones that have the MSSQL Server avalible.DotNetDocwww.DotNetDoc.comGet the Book!!...

Need freeware .NET Documentation Tool for Microsoft .NET Framework
Got a solution fully documated that needed to be taken out and to attached it to the project spec. Any known good free tool suggestion will help. For VS2003 exists the NDocument tool.For other versions have a look at this: http://www.codeplex.com/Sandcastle Hope this helpsIf this post is useful to you, please mark it as answer. ...

question on installing VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Question 1: on the download page for v1.1 of the .NET framework, there are two separte download listed, one under Step2 (.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and one under Step4 (.NET Framework SDK 1.1). 1) i downloaded the first((.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and have NO IDEA where it installed the files. can you tell me where these files are installed. 2) when i go to install the second, it prompts me for a directory. do i need to specify where the files for the first were installed? if so where is that? I do not want to have duplicates all over the place Question 2: The installation ...

Web Setup .msi promting for .NET Framework 3.5 on server install, but project targets Framework 2.0
I have an .asmx web service built in VS.NET 2008 that targets the .NET Framework 2.0.  I have a web setup project that packages the .asmx service into a .msi file.  When I copy the install file out to the server and try to install, it states: "This setup requires the .NET Framework version 3.5. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again...." I can not install the 3.5 Framework yet out on the server, so how can I reconfigure my setup project to know to only look for the .NET Framework 2.0?   Thank you!Thank you,  Nevermind.... As usual 2 sec...

Web resources about - Need help with .NET Framework configuration - asp.net.installation-setup

Configuration management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The CM process is widely used by military engineering organizations to manage complex systems , such as weapon systems, vehicles, and information ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

Top tech companies plug into renewable power - Configuration / maintenance, Google, Microsoft, Networking ...
Leading tech companies like Microsoft, Google and Apple are making huge inroads in the use of renewable energy for corporate facilities and data ...

New 15-inch 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro unboxed and compared to other 2015 configurations
Apple’s new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is here and available in a few different configurations. We’re take a closer look at the ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...