MYSQL express 2008...

Hi Everyone

I have installed Visual Web Developer 2008 and notice that on the install it no longer gives the option for you to include integrated SQL in the download, as a result, when I go to 'Website' tab in VWD and then 'ASP.Net configuration', when clicking on the 'Security ' option, it makes it quite clear that it cannot find the mysql database. Presumably because its no longer part of the VWD 2008 install, so I install SQL express 2008 only to find:
a) I cannot open it as a program, it just gives a 'configuration' option in my start menu and is not a program I can physically open up and work with
b) I am yet to define the location of this so called database in VWD via web.config but until I work out SQL Express 2008 (with which I have no experience at all) I cannot proceed with my web based tutorials

HELP!!

Mike
0
mikes1471

Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008 is not MySQL.  Two different products.  Install the Microsoft SQL Server Express Management Studio to work with SQL Server directly.

Jeff

jeff
11/25/2008 9:37:55 PM
Thanks for the prompt response, I'll give that a go now
0
mikes1471
11/25/2008 9:41:54 PM
I'm sure I'm destined not to get this remote server/database up and running, I've attempted to install Windows Server 200-KB942288-v4-x86.exe (as i'm using Windows Vista Premium 32-bit Operating System) and when I try to do so, the Setup Error window appears with the message 'Not enough storage to process this command', I press OK and the next Setup Error window says the installation did not complete. I have more than enough storage space so am very unsure about how to rectify these errors and how I can continue.
0
mikes1471
11/26/2008 4:34:43 AM

Would I be better to delete everything and start again using the Microsoft web Platform installer?

 I dont see why the option to download a pre-configured SQL database was removed from the Visual Web Developer install, it has to be said

0
mikes1471

Web resources about - MYSQL express 2008... - asp.net.installation-setup

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Hemsworth and South Elmsall Express
Congratulations, you're now registered! Let us know what news and updates you want to hear about and we'll send them straight to your inbox. ...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

Outlook Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mac OS 9 ,, Windows 3.x , Windows NT 3.51 , Windows 95 , Windows NT 4.0 Outlook Express is an email and news client that is included with Internet ...

Canberra international flights: Singapore Airlines launches Capital Express route
The capital express route linking Canberra with Singapore and Wellington will take off from September.

Jakartans express defiance and return to work after terror attacks
It's business as usual in Indonesian capital after Thursdays terror attacks.

Fred Armisen in his feminist bookstore persona Candace Devereaux reads "Portlandia Travelogue: The Brussels ...
Downloadable free here . A literary train journey on the Brussels to Antwerp Express through the erotic world of European train stations and ...

​Why Walmart Express hit a dead end
The retail giant's high hopes for the small-format stores seemed well placed, until reality created another story line

Walmart Closing 154 Stores In U.S., Ending “Walmart Express” Experiment
Walmart’s five-year dalliance with trying to go small through new “Walmart Express” stores is apparently over. This morning, the company announced ...