Installing website on IIS: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0

Hello,

 I'm trying to publish my website on a IIS server. The server has .Net FrameWork 2.0 and 3.5 installed.
The asp.net service is enabled for the IIS, the version is set to 2.0.

 My Application has also been published for 3.5 framework. It uses some of the AJAX Toolkit extenders. I simply did a build > Publish Website en copied it to the folder of the website on the IIS.

 This is the error i'm getting:

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 143:		<compilation debug="true">
Line 144:			<assemblies>
Line 145:				<add assembly="System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
Line 146:				<add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
Line 147:				<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

I can't find what I'm doing wrong.

I found several possible solutions on this forum and the internet, I did those workarounds, but none worked.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

0
rabbit1986
5/13/2008 8:27:13 AM
asp.net.installation-setup 5668 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Does this mean that the framework isn't installed correctly?

0
rabbit1986
5/13/2008 8:37:27 AM

You can check, if the System.Core assembly (3.5 version)  is installed properly or not in the GAC Assembly folder located under Windows

C:\Windows\Assembly

 Also, if you installed .NET 3.5, you should see lot of stuff installed under the following folder

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5

Kumar Reddi
0
Kumar
5/13/2008 7:03:41 PM

 Hello , I've checked the folders you told me.

 These are the screenshots I have. I guess, 3.5 isn't installed?

0
rabbit1986
5/14/2008 6:00:35 AM

rabbit1986:

  I've checked the folders you told me.

 These are the screenshots I have. I guess, 3.5 isn't installed?

Yes. It doesnt seem like its installed

Kumar Reddi
0
Kumar
5/14/2008 11:06:42 AM

  was just thinking: the first error I got was this one: ( i simply deleted the childNodes )

0
rabbit1986
5/14/2008 11:40:21 AM

Have a look at this thread..Issue seem to be with some patches on Vista

http://forums.asp.net/t/1186941.aspx

Kumar Reddi
0
Kumar
5/14/2008 1:29:03 PM

Thanks I'll try that out.

I've now discovered that there was a .Net 3.5 Redistributable Compact version installed.

The full version seems to be approx. 200 MB. Could this be the problem?

0
rabbit1986
5/14/2008 2:37:15 PM

.NET compact version is for creating mobile related applications. Not for the regular asp.net applications

You need to install this

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

Kumar Reddi
0
Kumar
5/14/2008 2:48:26 PM

Thanks that did it. Big Smile

0
rabbit1986

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi, I am using VS2008 and .net 3.5, #. i m trying to access default.aspx in the browser and it shows the error as "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."   Also when i use any of the Ajaxcontrol toolkit tools, i m getting the these kind of errors. I hav copied the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll and .pdb in the bin folder. but i m getting the same error. Please help me.  I will  be grateful if anyone can send me the co...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0,
I copied the files from my dev server to my production server (my app works find on my development server), but now, I getting this error when I try to launch the app on my production server...  Any ideas what this means or how to fix?  (this is the first time I've ever tried to move an app from dev to production in .NET  Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Me...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral....
Hi I have been developing an application to on VS2008 in C# and now i tried to deploy it for the first time on my windows 2003 server. The app ran great in VS2008 but when i try to deploy it on the server for some testing i get the following. Iv been looking around on the internet and tried chaning line 45 from 3.5.0.0 to 2.0.0.0 etc but it doesnt work. Could any help me understand what is wrong and how i can fix it? Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details belo...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
 Hi, I am using Jasper.. I downloaded JASPER and the sample code from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=471BB3AC-B31A-49CD-A567-F2E286715C8F&displaylang=en but when  i try to run Samples.. I get the error :  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified i can find only System,Core under 3.5 version. I tried running the project from VS2005 and from VS2008.. still the problem persists....

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does n
Hello All,If this is a repeat of posting that have been created, I sincerely apologize.  I have been looking for a solution for quite some time and although I have run across a lot of different posts offering solutions, nothing seems to be work.  Here is my dilemma:I have created a website with several pages using ASP.NET 2.0 and AJAX Extensions (including the AJAX Control Toolkit).  The pages run fine on my Development machine but on my IIS machine, I continue to recreate a Parser Error in regard to System.Web.Extensions.  Here is what I have done thus far: I have a...

coplilation error : Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the fi
I have problem compiling my website on 2 machine(win 2003 server & windows vista). The problematics machines has these components installed: 1.Net framework 3.5 sp1 2.vs 2008 sp1 ver: 9.0.30729.1 sp 3.windows sdk for vs 2008 sp1 It works grate on 3 different machines (xp,2003) that has the same components installed and the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extension CTP. I can't install the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extension CTP because I already have the .net 3.5 sp1 installed. Here is my web.config ...

Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptReferenceBase' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
on my localhost, everything is working just fine, developing a few hours... then i publish to another server (windows server 2003)...and suddenly my website is broken. i could track i down to a scriptreference in my scriptmanager - which used to work perfectly.now i don't know where it went wrong - because i developed several things, including the addition of autocomplete textbox with the control toolkitbut even after removing all the code for the autocomplete textbox, the problem wasn't solved. i seem to be the first one to have this problem, because google doesn't return anythi...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0
 I developed my asp.net project using VS 2005. My web server is a Windows server 2003 and is installed framework 2.0 and Ajax 1 extension. Everrything works well until I intalled VS 2008 in my development machine.My website works fine on my development machine. But when I publish it to my web server, it raise a parser error: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0... I used ajax toolkit in my project. First, I found the web.config contained a statement: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken...

Configuration Error
Hey everyone,I am very very very new to development.  In fact, this is my first website.  I've built the site and it works fine when I test it on my local machine, but when I try to deploy it and type in the URL, I get the following error:  Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly &#...

Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_zdfvephf, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
 When  i tried  to access  my home page  it  shows the following  Error Could not load file or assembly 'App_Web_zdfvephf, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Try to Find your project folder from this location, Close your Visual Studio and delete it, and restart your visual studio and then rebuild. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files Hope you are Using ASP.NET v. 2.0. Hope this Helps,-Deepak - DeepakDon&...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0 (and etc.) HRESULT 0x8013104
That little HRESULT, as you may know, means exactly what the error says: The assembly wasn't found. I have a Visual Studio 2005 web project I'm publishing into a folder.  When I copy that folder up to it's location on my test server, I get the following message because .NET Framework 3.5 is not installed on that server (nor should it have to be--the AJAX extension DLL is already on that server). I looked though all my Project settings, to see if I was missing something that was telling VS to reference System.Web.Extensions as a .NET 3.5 (instead of an ASP.NE...

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0
Hi guys. I have created a Web Site on IIS 6.0 on a remote server. I installed .NET 2.0 + configured server side extensions.  I then installed Visual Web Developer 2008 on my local XP machine. This installed .NET 3.5. I created a New Web Site in VWD 2008 (using HTTP). I connect OK to the remote server. However when I try to preview the default.aspx I receive error: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your conf...

Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The s
Hello,  I try to use a windowslive website in visual studio 2008 with framework 3.5 I have installed the framework 3.5 and i get following error although the site is working perfect in localhost: Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.After this i check my gac and i manually (with configuration tool 2.0) installed 3.6 in my gac. I still get the same error. What am i doing ...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
Hi All,   I am facing this problem after publishing the web site on web server.   If u have any solutions of that problem then please reply me.   Thnaks & Regards Dheeraj Mittal dheeraj_mittal02@yahoo.co.in    Have you checked whether Reporting Services is configured in your hosted Server Ashok Rajawww.iGold.inDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved. This Issue due to Report viewer not installed on web ser...

Web resources about - Installing website on IIS: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0 - asp.net.installation-setup