Installing VS2003 and VS2005 / Sql server 2000 and SQL server 2005 on the same machine

Hey guys,

I want to install on the same machine VS2003 and SQL 2000 to study for MCAD and VS2005/SQL server 2005 for ASP.NET 2.0 development.

I used to install two images of WinXP one for .NET1.1 dev and the other for .NET 2.0 but everytime you need to switch from .NET1.1 development to .NET2.0 I need to reboot and launch the other winxp image.

any help would be appreciated.

I have been trying to change the world for years, but they just won't give me the source code!
0
irs2k3
5/11/2006 6:51:32 AM
asp.net.installation-setup 5668 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Where are you having a problem with this?

Jeff

jeff

Installing SQL Server 2005 & SQL Server 2000 on the same machine?
Hi All, I've installed SQL Server 2000 on my development machine, but would like to install SQL Server 2005 on the same machine without upgrading. Is it possible? I need to keep SQL Server 2000 for my existing production databases. Any one know the solutions? or any article? Thanks bosox04 wrote: I've installed SQL Server 2000 on my development machine, but would like to install SQL Server 2005 on the same machine without upgrading. Is it possible? Yep. bosox04 wrote: Any one know the solutions? or any article? Just install it and give it a different name. ********************...

Can I install sql server 2000 and sql server 2005 in the same machine
Hello ,i am an asp.net developer my pc has sql server 2005 already and now my company use sql server 2000I think 2005 is very easy to use but some of 2000 that I don't know so can I install 2000 in the same machine with 2005 ?thanks for your kindness.Kate  You definetely can. Go ahead and have fun. ***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** By the way, if you need to connect to a 2000 DB, you dont need to install 2000 on your local machine. You can still connect to the company DB through your 2005 Management Studio. Just register the server a...

Can I install SQL 2005 Server Express on a machine that has SQL 2000 Server
I have a dedicated server running SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003.  Can I install SQL Server 2005 express so that I can run sites developed with VWD Express.  I still have the sites that need to use the sql 2000 server.  Thanks Yes but it best that the sql server 2000 instances be upgraded to service pack 4.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345154.aspx Silverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group...

Can't seem to install SQL server 2005? Install completes, but where is SQL Server 2005
I went to one of the Microsoft "Ready To Launch" events over a year ago. Microsoft was gracious and gave everyone who attended a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. I have installed the Visual Studio and use it all of the time. I also installed the SQL server 2005 but I can not find the application on my computer. After the install the only items that appear to have been installed are the following: SQL Server Configuration tools(SQL Server Configuration manager,SQL Server  Error and usage reporting, SQL Server surface area confiuration, Reporting Services configu...

Installing SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 20005 on the same machine
Hi all,is it possible to run both instances of SQL Server 2000 and 2005 on the same PC?The reason I am asking is becasue my install failed for SQL Server 2000 when i already have SQL server 2005 installed.Get the following at the end of the sqlstp.log file...###############################################################################Starting Service ...Latin1_General_CI_AS-m -Q -T4022 -T3659An error occurred while attempting to start the service (1053)SQL Server configuration failed.###############################################################################01:52:54 Process Exit Code: ...

Installation of SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Developer Editions on the same PC
I currently have SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition installed on my home PC. Is it safe (or even advisable) to also install SQL Server Developer Edition 2000 on the same PC? I have two clients, one using SQL Server 2000 and another one on 2005 so I need to do testing on both. Bill I have both on my laptop, but installed them in the opposite order you are wanting to do. Don't know if there would be issues doing 2005 first and then 2000. -- TheSQLGuru President Indicium Resources, Inc. "Bill Murphy" <wmdmurphy@houston.rr.com> wrote in message ...

Installing SQL Server 2005 on same machine as an existing SQL Sever 2000 instance
Given than once SQL Server 2005 is installed, SQL Server Studio has to be used instead of Enterprise manager, can both SQL 2000 and 2005 be used on the same machine, be it development or production? (The second one to be installed probably would be a named instance.) Any experiance of doing this or a pointer to a Microsoft recommendation would be appreciated. Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will all know you have been helped. The SQL Server 2005 Books...

Connecting to an external SQL 2000 Server from a Vista machine with SQL 2005 installed
hi there - I'm praying someone here can shed some light on this - after many google and web searches, I have found users with similar issues, but have yet to find a solution. Problem: I have recently upgraded my desktop from Windows XP to Windows Vista Ultimate (clean install) and have migrated my local machine to SQL Server 2005. However I have a number of .Net projects that access databased on another server running SQL Server 2000 - prior to my upgrade to Vista, I was running SQL Server 2000 on my desktop as well. During the install, everything seemed to go well, and I also install...

Installation of both client and server of 2005 version sql server on the same machine
I need to install both client and server of sql 2005 on the same machine. will there by any problem when trying to access/restore the database when both are in the same machine.   That should be fine radhs CheersAndyRemember to mark this as answered if this solved your problemhttp://www.dnnpages.com...

Cannot restore database in the computer is setuped SQL Server 2000 and SQL server 2005
Hi All I have Computer is setuped SQL Server 2000 and SQL server 2005 when I restore SQL Server 2005 it's OK but when it's not OK when I restore in SQL Server 2000. The Error as follows: Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks   check this url, http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=169145&SiteID=1 http://sqlforums.windowsitpro.com/web/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=60&threadid=42121&enterthread=y...

Web resources about - Installing VS2003 and VS2005 / Sql server 2000 and SQL server 2005 on the same machine - asp.net.installation-setup

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper