Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional

Will someone please offer some advice, a walkthrough, or something to help me through this?  I installed all three of these pieces (.NET, SQL Server 2005 Express, and VS 2005 Professional) onto a WinXP box.  I was unable to get it to work.  It kept throwing SQL errors when I tried to run the security setup for the Personal Website Starter Kit.  So, I uninstalled everything except .NET and reinstalled.  At this point I was able to get to the setup, but unable to add users.  It doesn't throw errors or anything, it just doesn't do anything.

I really really want to learn C# using VS.  I want to program a basic program that hits a SQL DB, but I have never had so many troubles setting up something like this.  Can someone offer me any advice?  Is there a special way to load this stuff on an XP machine?  Do I have to load it in a certain order?  Am I missing a piece?  (I have loaded IIS just so you know....  Maybe not correctly, but I loaded it...  But would that affect the ability of the Starter Page connecting to the DB when they are on the same machine?)   Is there an easier installation like those packages you can get that have PHP, Apache, MySQL and just install themselves together?  That would be nice for us beginners.

Honestly, any advice that you could offer to help me get started could greatly benefit me.

Thank you everyone,

Jason

0
jcase16

There is a forum for the starter kit, where you may find more help.  Also, "kept throwing SQL errors" and "unable to add users" really aren't solvable problems.  You have to provide details to get a good response, for all we know you're not using the corretc process to add a user.  It could be you're not even running in the development environment and you're trying to sue the admin tool on a remote system, which doesn't work.

Jeff

jeff

SQL Server 2005
I'm very confused.  I installed Visual Studio 2005 and thought I understood that SQL Server 2005 came with it, but it appears that it's SQL Server 2005 - Express.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to get Data Transformation Services loaded or the equivalent of DTS in SQL Express?     beejay I have to say: actually SQL Express, not SQL2005 full version, comes with VS2005. To manage your SQL Express databases much easier, you can download a Management Studio Express from here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/ Then you can...

how to install Visual Studio 2005 professional and SQL Server 2005 in Windows XP Professional????
plz step by step..i m new to VS..plzzzzz check here for vs2005 http://www.exforsys.com/tutorials/asp.net-2.0/installing-visual-studio.net-2005.html and check here for sql server 2005 http://www.exforsys.com/tutorials/sql-server-2005.htmlPlese, do not forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Thanx!My blog: Scenes From A Developer Memory...

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

AxCMS.net Award 2005 | 1st place: MSDN Professional subscription including Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005; 2nd place: new Xbox 360
We would like to introduce the 100% cost free AxCMS.net 5.2.2 - brand new release! AxCMS.net is a 100% cost free Enterprise CMS platform for architects and professional developers based 100% on Microsoft .NET. With the new download version we offer ... Improved user interface (thank you for feedback!) International support avaliable! New features (muitisite, permissions, authentication, newsletter, ...) Focused on software architects and professional developers Introducing AxCMS.net Award 2005! The AxCMS.net Award 2005 represent an opportunity ...

Having problems trying to install SQL Server 2005 express /.net framework 2.0
Hi I'm having problems trying to install the above programme from the microsoft site and feel that I'm not getting anywhere.  'I receive the following message during installation "microsoft SQL server 2005 set up has detected a problem and cannot proceed. Either Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 is either not installed on this system or is corrupt.' I have dinstalled any previous versions of .net, instances of sql server 2005 ran ccleaner and then checked my Add and Remove programmes and checked the microsoft support site for the solution and that didn;t work  ...

Should i install sql server 2005 or visual studio 2005 first?
Hello I need to install visual studio 2005  and sqlserver 2005 on a new PC Which order should i follow Please help me Thanks  Fred--Thats what my buddies call me Mark this as Answer, if this reply answers your post shouldnt matter but I've found that SQL FIRST seems to be smoother.... Thanks Curt c Fred--Thats what my buddies call me Mark this as Answer, if this reply answers your post  Don't think it really matters.I usually do install SQL first.Just a heads up, if you are running into problems with SQL installation, removing Office Web Components (OW...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Installing Visual Studio 2005 and SQL server 2005 issues
HiCan anyone help me?I would like some help as to why my installation on Visual Studio 2005 and SQL server 2005 does not enable me to create dynamic websites / databases within the Visual Studio software environment?Basically when i debug to view my pages in the browser i get the following error" Unable to start debugging on webserver - web server not configured correctly " Hope somebody can help meThanksEmo  A Google search of the error message points up many, many llinks on the topic, for instance:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dwesw3ee.aspx S...

Web resources about - Installing .NET Framework, Sql Server 2005 Express, and Visual Studio 2005 Professional - asp.net.installation-setup

Professional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In narrow usage, not all expertise is considered a profession. Although sometimes referred to as professions, occupations such as skilled construction ...

London Olympic Games near miss inspires Canberra boxer to fulfill professional dream
One lousy point was all that stopped Canberra boxer Dave Toussaint from fulfilling his Olympic Games dream.

Silicon Valley professionals take LSD to boost productivity
Coffee may be your mind-sharpening tool of choice, but some of Silicon Valley's brightest brains are relying on something substantially stronger ...

Professional lawn decorators light homes for the holidays, for a price
A company in Windsor, Ont., is helping some people have a front yard to rival Clark W. Griswold's without any of the work.

A Bold and Textured Bachelor Pad — Professional Project
Pin it Project by: Denise Wilson Location: New York, New York Now this is how you do texture! From the walls, to the rugs, to the pillows there ...

Engaging with your professional network is now easier with LinkedIn for iOS
Back in October, LinkedIn previewed a major redesign of its flagship mobile app. Now, the professional networking company has officially released ...

What Not to Wear to a Professional Photo Shoot
When it comes to a professional photo shoot, there are certain recommendations that you should follow in terms of what you should wear, especially ...

Women in Professional Sports
by wj A few days ago, the Economist had a post on their Game Theory blog entitled Playing with Pink Balls. The thumbnail photo (and it really ...

American Airlines Loses Professional Dancer’s $250K Prosthetic Leg, Finds It In Another Country
If you thought the airline losing your suitcase of souvenirs was rough, imagine if they lost a bag with your prosthetic leg. That’s apparently ...

Adobe bows to HTML5 and renames its Flash Professional app
Given that Flash is widely considered an internet blight, it's hard to imagine a time when it was actually cool. But in the day, the app was ...