Hi all,

My server has .Net Framework 2.0. Can I install .Net Framework 1.0 or I have to uninstall .Net 2.0, then install .net 1.0, then .net 2.0?

Marking a Reply as 'Answered', not only GAIN us some POINTS, but it also HELP others to find RIGHT solution.
0
ameenkpn

Hey no issues, u can directly install .Net 1.0 no matter you already have .Net 2.0

If this reply is answer to your question then mark this reply as Answer

Get more solutions in SQL Server, C#.Net 3.5/2.0/1.1, SharePoint

-Mohammad Nizamuddin

0
nizam133
4/28/2009 8:40:55 AM

What I know is if you install .Net Framework 2.0, the older version gets already installed automatically.

Just go to %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework where you will see the framework installed.

I can not be agree with the previous thread that u need to install 1.1 if you have the upgraded one available.

Soumen, India

0
Rimbik
4/28/2009 1:14:20 PM

Few of the software ask for .net 1.1 though you have .net 2.0 installed,

Installing .net 1.1 over .net 2.0 or .net 3.5 will not affect much

0
dreamitaspdotnet
4/28/2009 4:13:38 PM

No problem.

Actually, they are not installed over the other versions but executed side by side.

This article may help to clarify: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163638.aspx

.NET 1.0 has CLR version1.0, .NET 1.1 has CLR version 1.1, while .NET 2.0/3.0/3.5 are all based on CLR version 2.0.

 Thanks.

Yours Figo Fei
0
Figo
4/30/2009 7:35:14 AM

When you install asp.net 2.0 you need not install asp.net 1.0 or 1.1 as it comes with asp.net 2.0 . Also please be sure to apply the latest service packs for asp.net 2.0 .

Regards,

Prashant.

0
prashant12

how to install .ner framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?
hello everyone!I got a problem, I have installed .net framework 2.0 in my computer, but now I need to install .net framework 1.1.The install process of .net framework 1.1 halt when it is stoping the IIS Admin.Can I install .net framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?Or I have to remove 2.0 and install 1.1 and 2.0 in sequence?Thank you very much! There is no sequence in .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 installation.You can look into the installation log and check what's the problem.Can you post your installation errors?Maybe I can help you to fix the error through your...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Install .NET Framework 1.1 after 2.0
Hi All, I have a client that has a machine with .NET Framework 2.0 installed.  But my app runs in 1.1 Framework.  I do not want to run my App in the 2.0 Framework for fear of something breaking.  Do you know of any installation issues in regards to installing .NET Framework 1.1 after 2.0? Thanks, Chris    Chris What is the webserver version, if it is Windows2003, it will already have framework 1.1. If it is Windows 2000, Since you had a fear on installing, you can do one thing Uninstall 2.0, then install 1.1, after that install 2.0 again. But as ...

Web Setup .msi promting for .NET Framework 3.5 on server install, but project targets Framework 2.0
I have an .asmx web service built in VS.NET 2008 that targets the .NET Framework 2.0.  I have a web setup project that packages the .asmx service into a .msi file.  When I copy the install file out to the server and try to install, it states: "This setup requires the .NET Framework version 3.5. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again...." I can not install the 3.5 Framework yet out on the server, so how can I reconfigure my setup project to know to only look for the .NET Framework 2.0?   Thank you!Thank you,  Nevermind.... As usual 2 sec...

Web resources about - Installing .Net Framework 1.0 Over .Net Framework 2.0 - asp.net.installation-setup

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights – 13,000 of them – to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper