Installing .NET 2 causes 'server application anunavailable' on existing .NET 1.1 site

Hi!
I have a computer running an ASP.NET 1.1 web site. After installing .net framework 2.0 on the same server I got a 'server application anunavailable' on the ASP1.1 web site. I set the Security settings to 'Everyone' and I temporarily solved the problem.
What should I do?

Dimitris Papadimitriou
Software Development Professional
0
dipapadi2000

If you are running on Windows 2003, they you need to make sure that your V1.1 and V2.0 applications are running in a separate application pool/process.  Otherwise, you will get a load error when the second CLR gets loaded into the same process.

Try going into the IIS admin tool, create a new application pool and then map the V2.0 or V1.1 application into it to isolate the versions.

Hope this helps,

Scott

0
ScottGu
3/1/2006 3:25:31 PM

i got same result of error but diffrent reason.

how can i do?

0
benyu

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Utilize .NET 2 [.net 1.1 installed]
Hi, My PC running Win XP (SP2), .Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 and VS 2003. I am beginner in ASP.Net. When I try to used a ASP.Net 2 property with a control, shows me error and I also noticed .net framework ver. at the botton of broswer window. What should I do to utilize .net framework 2.0 functionality? Thanks First, you'll need Visual Web Developer or Visual Studio 2005 to create .NET 2.0 sites. In order to deploy a .NET 2.0 site, you'll need to set the .NET Framework version to 2.0 on the ASP.NET tab for the sites properties in IIS. HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Can't install DotNetNuke with Windows Server 2004 and .NET 1.1
I don't know if it's a mix of Windows Server or .NET 1.1. But I download the 3.1_source package and what I get is the following when calling Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install .... 00:00:18.437 - Loading Host Settings: 00:00:18.828 - Configuring SuperUser: At that point, the logo of DotNet repeats and I get the following Unhandled Error Error Details File Error  File or assembly name xdoevn_c.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found. A repeat of the above simply changes the name of the DLL. I tried deleting the database, recreating it. Cr...

Can't create vs.net project (server not runing.NET 1.1)
I am trying to start an asp.NET application project in my vs.net and I'm getting error after error.. I fix one, and the next one shows up.. == ERROR: == Server not running asp.net v1.1 I found an update to 1.1 on Microsofts site and installed it, restarted and I'm still getting this error. What is an easy way to find out the version of asp.Net that I'm currently running? == OTHER SUSPECTED PROBLEM: == When I request //localhost from IE, I get: No web site is configured at this address. But I am currently running a sebserver and my webpage works fine, but the only way...

VS.net says .net 1.1 not installed
This is really driving me nuts!! I installed VS.net, installed IIS 5, then installed (supposedly) .net framework 1.1 Heres the rub. I try to create a new web app in vs and all I get are messages telling me that the server does not have .net 1.1 installed. I re-installed the .net framework 1.1 and tried again. Still nothing. I am running the server on the same machine that I am working with VS.net for now. I have looked around the Internet and have followed several tutorials and quick fixes that did not work at all. I have tried restarting the server. I have tried renameing w...

Web resources about - Installing .NET 2 causes 'server application anunavailable' on existing .NET 1.1 site - asp.net.installation-setup