I am configuring my server 2003 (standard edition) to host a service application that will be accessed with mobile devices. The requirement for the mobile licenses to work properly is that I install the 1.1 framework. I downloaded the redistributable file and went to install it and was prompted, "The product you are trying to install has already been installed with your operating system. Use Windows update to install the latest updates."

Through the "add/remove programs" window there is no indication the .net 1.1 framework is installed. When I navigate to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft .NET\Framework

I see a  v1.1.4322 folder with all of it's components exists.

How can I get the .net 1.1 installed successfully. Does anyone have a suggestion?

0
coffeeIT

2003 comes preloaded with 1.1.

Unless you uninstall it,it will remain. If IIS was added/readded you may need to run the "aspnet_regiis.exe /i" from the v1.1.4322 folder.

0
Curt_C

how to install .ner framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?
hello everyone!I got a problem, I have installed .net framework 2.0 in my computer, but now I need to install .net framework 1.1.The install process of .net framework 1.1 halt when it is stoping the IIS Admin.Can I install .net framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?Or I have to remove 2.0 and install 1.1 and 2.0 in sequence?Thank you very much! There is no sequence in .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 installation.You can look into the installation log and check what's the problem.Can you post your installation errors?Maybe I can help you to fix the error through your...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Can I install dot net framework 2 if 1.1 is already installed?
I notice my development laptop has dot net Framework (presume 1.0) and dot net Framework 1.1 installed. I'd like to start gettting familiar with dot net Framework 2. Can I add this in or do I need to uninstall the 1.x versions first? I presume that my previous dot net framework 1.x apps will still function if I install dot net Framework 2. Is this the case? Thanks, For sure you can have both on one machine. Just install the .NET framework 2.0, then you will have an additional tab in the IIS  MMC, which allows you to specify the framework each application would under. Regards ...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Install Framework 1.1 after Framework 2.0 already installed?
Is there any conflicts installing framework 1.1 on a server after framework 2.0 is already installed?  I have an application that can only run on version 1.1 and I only have 2.0 installed.  Do I have to rollback 2.0 and install 1.1 first or should it be ok? They are individual, can run side by side and can be installed in any order.  Make sure you set the app to run in the correct framework. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. I've installed in this ...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Install .NET Framework 1.1 after 2.0
Hi All, I have a client that has a machine with .NET Framework 2.0 installed.  But my app runs in 1.1 Framework.  I do not want to run my App in the 2.0 Framework for fear of something breaking.  Do you know of any installation issues in regards to installing .NET Framework 1.1 after 2.0? Thanks, Chris    Chris What is the webserver version, if it is Windows2003, it will already have framework 1.1. If it is Windows 2000, Since you had a fear on installing, you can do one thing Uninstall 2.0, then install 1.1, after that install 2.0 again. But as ...

question on installing VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Question 1: on the download page for v1.1 of the .NET framework, there are two separte download listed, one under Step2 (.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and one under Step4 (.NET Framework SDK 1.1). 1) i downloaded the first((.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and have NO IDEA where it installed the files. can you tell me where these files are installed. 2) when i go to install the second, it prompts me for a directory. do i need to specify where the files for the first were installed? if so where is that? I do not want to have duplicates all over the place Question 2: The installation ...

Web resources about - installing .net 1.1 framework after .net 2.0 framework has already been installed - asp.net.installation-setup

Solar panels are lifted into place.

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper