Installation on Win Xp

I am a complete novice here. I need to install ASP.net on a win xp, home edition, service pack 2 system. Do i need any additional downloads apart from the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 & Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition? Any help is appreciated. :)

0
mbmlon
8/22/2007 12:41:52 PM
asp.net.installation-setup 5668 articles. 0 followers. Follow

That's all you need.  XP Home won't run IIS, but you can use the internal server in VWD just fine.

Jeff

jeff

To install or not to install?

Creating custom installer to install .net framework and installer of another software
 hii m trying to create a custom installer which will install .net framework 2.0 and i have another installer  of a software that i also want to be installed on Install(System.Collections.IDictionary stateSaver) event. Is it possible with custom installer.or i need to use something else like setup Project/Web setup project.please help me out  Regardsnav  Hi nav, Based on my understanding, you want to install .NET Framework 2.0 and another installer with your setup project. If I have misunderstood you concern, please let me know. In my opinion, you need setup boot...

Anyway to re-install .net framework on a botched install that wont un-install?
  Newbie User (me) 64bit machine Win Server 2008 Beta 3 Data Center  64bit SharePoint Services 3.0 SharePoint Server Project Server SQL Express SQL Server   Ok so All I wanted to do was get a test bed up for Project Server ..   I installed SharePoint Services and Project Server.. it worked ..  the tech update feature had a minor error at the end so as a newbie I just figured I would install Share Point Server to fix it ..  etc   .. then it seemed like I had some missing features in Project Server so I installed the AS DC (Domain controler) ...

Inspiron 1000 install problem (11.1, 11.2, net install, dvd install)
Ok, I have a plain jane Inspiron 1000, 2ghz celeron, 256m ram, 40gig hd, dvd. I burned 11.2 to dvd, 11.1 to dvd, tried installing both. Both get the dreaded "cannot create repository" (i'm paraphrasing). No problem, I download and burn 11.1, 11.2 net install's, checksums check out ok. I go through the first part where it downloads stuff from download.opensuse.com (or something similiar), then it fails again, not able to install. I get no message on the net installs. Just fails real quick with a red box. I tried a text install, fails. What gives? --...

Applications that Install the .NET while installing the app.
Does anyone know what applications currently install the .net framework? Specifically, I'm interested in which Microsoft applications install the .net framework without needing a separate download. For example, does Office 2003 install the .NET framework when the application is installed? Thanks in advance for the help. Steve usually the .net framework is installed by the manufacturer along with the OS. so almost every comp thats being shipped now with win xp has .net 1.1 hth***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thanks for th...

How to install with RAID already installed for XP?
Hi all. 1st post. I currently dual boot with Ubuntu 9.04 but somehow have a difficult time with RAID. I'm not sure which RAID array was installed as it was setup by a computer shop. At 1st, they had RAID-0 with both 120Gb HDDs acting as one 240Gb. I had this reset to 2-120Gb HDDs that store date independently. There is a RAID influence as if one of the 120Gb HDDs is not plugged in, XP will boot slow if at all. I don't see any mirroring of data which would be, I think, RAID-1. The MB manual says it supports RAID-0 or RAID-1. But most say it acts like RAID-5. A 3rd HDD, 200Gb, ...

Debian Installation with the Net-Installer RC2
Debian Installation with the Net-Installer RC2 http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=9271 *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** There are many ways of installing Debian, this is just how I do it. This guide is dedicated to all the newbies out there, and users with old boxes. *********************************************************** Unquote *********************************************************** -- Kayode Okeyode http://del.icio.us/kayodeok http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/ ...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

error when we install setup conflict with a previous installation
I've just tried to install .net framework 2.0 but couldn't. I get an error message saying that there is a conflict with a previous installation. Is .net framework required "only" to extract/start the program? Is there any way around  it? Please let me know .Net Framework is an essential part of the .Net. You need it to be able to run managed code. So you must look for solving the conflict and install it on your machine.Reza Nassabehwww.professionalcsharp.comDon't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will ...

How to install the linux in pre xp installed laptop
Dear Friends, I had a pre windows xp installed laptop with me i installed the linux in that after installing the linux my windows is not booting can any body hlep with this -- srinut31 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ in a terminal type su then your root password now type fdisk -l paste result here also: go to /boot/grub/menu.lst paste contents here you need to be using file manager super user to read this file -- Box: Linux 2.6.25.18-0.2 x86_64 | OS 11.0 | (KDE4.1.3) "51.1" | M2N4-SLI | AMD...

Installation of datawindow
I have seen this posted earlier on this forum however there has never been a solution given to the issue of the installation of DW.NET giving the error can not find Visual Studio.NET thus not registering the control. I can go and do this manually in VS.NET however this is a pain in the butt to do. Is there a solution to this problem???? Thanks TPS ...

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

Web resources about - Installation on Win Xp - asp.net.installation-setup

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...

Australia leads world in household solar panel installations
Australia has the highest rate of household solar panel installation in the world.

Tesla Powerwall home installations are starting for pilot customers
A first look at the consumer-facing Powerwall from Tesla. (credit: Megan Geuss) Tesla has begun shipping 7kWh stationary batteries— branded ...