Installation of the Web Platform Installer

I am trying to install the Web Platform Installer and the Visual Web Developer 2008 Express with SP1 failed.  Does that mean i have problems or is that normal, i have the 2008 Studio already installed.

Also it is sitting on Installing .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for a while is that normal.

0
Defisher_inf

I had a similar issue and had to uninstall VWD. After that running the Web Platform Installer worked perfectly.

"Peace is Every Step." -Thich Nhat Hanh
0
gsdtech
1/26/2009 3:50:02 AM

Defisher_inf:
I am trying to install the Web Platform Installer...

Then you probably would be better posting in the Web Platform Installer forum:

http://forums.iis.net/1155.aspx

Jeff

jeff

To install or not to install?

Creating custom installer to install .net framework and installer of another software
 hii m trying to create a custom installer which will install .net framework 2.0 and i have another installer  of a software that i also want to be installed on Install(System.Collections.IDictionary stateSaver) event. Is it possible with custom installer.or i need to use something else like setup Project/Web setup project.please help me out  Regardsnav  Hi nav, Based on my understanding, you want to install .NET Framework 2.0 and another installer with your setup project. If I have misunderstood you concern, please let me know. In my opinion, you need setup boot...

Anyway to re-install .net framework on a botched install that wont un-install?
  Newbie User (me) 64bit machine Win Server 2008 Beta 3 Data Center  64bit SharePoint Services 3.0 SharePoint Server Project Server SQL Express SQL Server   Ok so All I wanted to do was get a test bed up for Project Server ..   I installed SharePoint Services and Project Server.. it worked ..  the tech update feature had a minor error at the end so as a newbie I just figured I would install Share Point Server to fix it ..  etc   .. then it seemed like I had some missing features in Project Server so I installed the AS DC (Domain controler) ...

Inspiron 1000 install problem (11.1, 11.2, net install, dvd install)
Ok, I have a plain jane Inspiron 1000, 2ghz celeron, 256m ram, 40gig hd, dvd. I burned 11.2 to dvd, 11.1 to dvd, tried installing both. Both get the dreaded "cannot create repository" (i'm paraphrasing). No problem, I download and burn 11.1, 11.2 net install's, checksums check out ok. I go through the first part where it downloads stuff from download.opensuse.com (or something similiar), then it fails again, not able to install. I get no message on the net installs. Just fails real quick with a red box. I tried a text install, fails. What gives? --...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

Debian Installation with the Net-Installer RC2
Debian Installation with the Net-Installer RC2 http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=9271 *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** There are many ways of installing Debian, this is just how I do it. This guide is dedicated to all the newbies out there, and users with old boxes. *********************************************************** Unquote *********************************************************** -- Kayode Okeyode http://del.icio.us/kayodeok http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/ ...

Applications that Install the .NET while installing the app.
Does anyone know what applications currently install the .net framework? Specifically, I'm interested in which Microsoft applications install the .net framework without needing a separate download. For example, does Office 2003 install the .NET framework when the application is installed? Thanks in advance for the help. Steve usually the .net framework is installed by the manufacturer along with the OS. so almost every comp thats being shipped now with win xp has .net 1.1 hth***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thanks for th...

Additional Installation options with web install?
We are currently using NAL applications which install printers through IPRNTCMD, and then perform some additional settings which are specifically user-based and cannot be entered into a printer driver profile (like pincode, user name etc). We would like to offer users the possibility to install those same printers using maps, or the iprint server webinterface. This works fine of course for the printer driver and the printer driver profile, but is there a way to run the additional installations as well? I've been looking at iprint.js (as far as my very limited knowledge o...

Visual Web Developer 2008 SP1 install failure
Hi,I'm running Vista Home Premium Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000 which came pre-installed with Framework versions 1.0.3705, 1.1.4322, 2.0.50727, 3.0 and 3.5.I've downloaded Visual Web Developer SP1 (vwdsetup.exe) from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=F3FBB04E-92C2-4701-B4BA-92E26E408569&displaylang=en and have tried installing it but the installation process will not go any further than the step shown in the following screenshot.  It tries to re-establish connection with server 5 times and then gives up and fails. I've also installed Framework v...

Web resources about - Installation of the Web Platform Installer - asp.net.installation-setup

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...