Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003

Hi All,

Just want to make sure the following issue:

  1. is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly?
  2. IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?

Thanks!

Edward
0
xpnet

During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems.

HTH,
Ryan

Ryan Olshan
ASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET
http://ryanolshan.com

How to ask a question
0
StrongTypes
5/26/2006 7:09:02 AM

1)  No problem.  If you open VS2003 projects in VWD it will convert them to the 2.0 framework, so watch out if that's not whwat you want.

2)  Works fine.  Need to run each framework in a separate application pool.

Jeff

jeff

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition beta VS Visual Studio.net 2003
Is Visual C# 2005 Express Edition Beta better than Visual Studio.net 2003 ? HighOnCodingWanna get high! in my opinon no. vs.net 2003 is a released application, and is used for more than just c#. visual studio whidbey beta is pretty cool except it's a little quirky still. I swear I can't wait til august.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? What are the odds of anything actually being released in august? Zero. Is Visual C# 20...

Installing Visual Studio 2003 on a system with Visual Studio 2005 installed
Hello. Is it possible to install Visual Studio 2003 on a system with Visual Studio 2005 already installed ? Can appear conflicts ? Thank's ! Yes you can install and run vs2003 and vs2005 side by side. There is very little or no side effects for running these two applications side by side. If you have any problems one of us here can help you.-Blake NiemyjskiBlog - Website: windowscoding.com Thank's for your answer. But applications who need .net frameworks, will use .net frameworks 1.1 instead of 2.0 ? If yes, can I modify the settings to use .net frameworks 2.0 ? Thank's again. You can...

Visual Studio 2005 vs Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition
Can anyone tell me what are the main differences between  Visual Studio.NET 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition from an ASP.NET(VB) developer point of view?Thank you! For starters, Visual Web Developer Express includes only the portions of Visual Studio that pertain directly to creating Web sites. For example, you can't create Windows Forms projects or class library projects, etc. The rule of thumb there is that in Visual Studio you can create multi-project solutions, whereas in Visual Web Developer Express you can create only Web site projects. Within the ...

Differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?
What are the differences between Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and Visual Studio 2005?I can't find a listing of the differences anywhere on Microsofts site. http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/This link described the express editions.  And from this FAQ:The Express products are designed for hobbyists, students, and novice developers. As such, they lack the full breadth of features found in higher-end editions of Visual Studio and are designed specifically for scenarios common to the hobbyist, student, and novice developer. Each Express product includes targeted documenta...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

Unable to install visual web developer or visual basic express editions.Task manager shows setup.exe running but nothing happens
Hi ,I have downloaded visual web developer express edition to a CD. When I clicked the setup.exe file I got the message that installation is already running. However the setup is not happening. The task manager shows the process vwdsetup.exe running, but I havent been able to setup the express edition.I had a similar problem when i tried the installation by direct download from the web. wHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? Did you turn off the computer and turn it back on?  Stop the process and try again?  Anything other than run setup and then post a message here?JeffPlease: Don'...

Web resources about - Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003 - asp.net.installation-setup

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

Developer secures new funding to complete world’s tallest building Kingdom Tower
... Arabian riyal fund has been established to pay for remaining work on its long-delayed $1.2 billion Kingdom Tower project in Jeddah. The developer ...

Sketch joins parade of developers abandoning Mac App Store in favor of direct sales
The developers of the UI design tool Sketch have announced their decision to exit the Mac App Store, following in the footsteps of many other ...

Apple and app developer Supercell join forces for a World AIDS Day campaign
With World AIDS Day scheduled for tomorrow, Dec. 1, Apple and app developer Supercell have joined forces for a great new campaign. An in-app ...

Stealth in Fallout 4 is like a developer-sanctioned god mode
For better or worse, you know what to expect from stealth in a Bethesda game. In Skyrim you can walk into a room, steal everything from everyone ...

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

Pros and developers alike can benefit from these extended Cyber Monday deals
With all the hubbub around the post-Thanksgiving shopping, it’s nice when there’s a huge discount on something that is actually useful. These ...

The Arkham Origins developer is working on two new DC Comics games
WB Montreal, the developer most well-known for 2013's Batman: Arkham Origins , looks like it's again focusing on comics for its second big project. ...

Tor Developer Insists They've Learned From Attack -
Last year, the "anonymous" dark web browser that is Tor suffered a large-scale attack that compromised the anonymity of its users over a period ...