IE Web Controls and the .NET Framework

Folks,

I'm attempting to setup IE Web Controls on a production live server for one of my developers. I've downloaded the IE Web controls to my PC (running IIS and Visual Studio .NET) and got everything working with no problems.
Now looking to get the controls running on the live web server. This server has the .NET Framework Redistributable v1.1. It does not return the treeview icons as expected, and as provided on my PC.
Can anyone suggest what I need to do on the live server to get the IE Web Controls working...? I read somewhere that I may need the .NET Framework SDK, is this true and should this be the case on my live web server...?
Cheers,
David.
0
dsalton

Looks like it may be an issue with .NET Framework v1.1.

I've got .NET Framework v1.0 on my PC and everything compiles fine. When attempting to compile on server get long-winded error:
src\treeview.cs(1193,13) : warning CS061...

Are IE Web Controls compatable with .NET Framework V1.1..?
David.
0
dsalton
2/27/2004 3:17:27 PM
Many questions... But 1st, view forum 91

Are IE Web Controls compatible with .NET Framework V1.1..?
> Yes
I've got .NET Framework v1.0 on my PC and everything compiles fine.
> if you compiled Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll with <Framework 1.0>csc.exe via build.bat on your development machine, please check the version on your server before. They must the same!
Important: Which VS.Net version are U using?
warning CS061...
> view post 442835
I read somewhere that I may need the .NET Framework SDK
> No
DNN skins Forum
Tressleworks modules
DNN & webhosting
IEWCtrls
0
Bill2Clone
3/10/2004 2:17:04 PM
Bill,

Thanks for the reply, very helpful.
Cheers,
David.
0
dsalton

Web Setup .msi promting for .NET Framework 3.5 on server install, but project targets Framework 2.0
I have an .asmx web service built in VS.NET 2008 that targets the .NET Framework 2.0.  I have a web setup project that packages the .asmx service into a .msi file.  When I copy the install file out to the server and try to install, it states: "This setup requires the .NET Framework version 3.5. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again...." I can not install the 3.5 Framework yet out on the server, so how can I reconfigure my setup project to know to only look for the .NET Framework 2.0?   Thank you!Thank you,  Nevermind.... As usual 2 sec...

IE Web Controls compatible with .NET Framework higher than 1.x versions?
The IE web controls i downloaded from the website doesn't work with my .NET Framework which is higher than the 1.x. Is there any sites where i can download IE web controls compatible with my framework? My .net framework is v2.0...

Installing ODP.net Docs into .Net Framework Help
Does anyone know how to go about installing the ODP.Net Help files into the .Net Framework help system? I know it just works with Visual studio. It seems i may need to generate a HxI file for the system. I have no idea how to go about this....

question on installing VS.NET and .NET Framework 1.1
Question 1: on the download page for v1.1 of the .NET framework, there are two separte download listed, one under Step2 (.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and one under Step4 (.NET Framework SDK 1.1). 1) i downloaded the first((.NET Framework Redist 1.1) and have NO IDEA where it installed the files. can you tell me where these files are installed. 2) when i go to install the second, it prompts me for a directory. do i need to specify where the files for the first were installed? if so where is that? I do not want to have duplicates all over the place Question 2: The installation ...

How can I detect if .NET Framework is installed on my visitor machine over the net?!
Thanks! The client doesn't require the .NET Framework. Steven BeyRecursion: see Recursion You can detect from Request object Response.Write(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")) You will get value some thing like Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) See, Its not only tells that your client machine have .NET Framwork but it will also tells you about the installed version(s).~ Firoz AnsariPune, Indiahttp://www.firozansari.comWhy product testing is important? Many thanks, but is that a ...

how to install .ner framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?
hello everyone!I got a problem, I have installed .net framework 2.0 in my computer, but now I need to install .net framework 1.1.The install process of .net framework 1.1 halt when it is stoping the IIS Admin.Can I install .net framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?Or I have to remove 2.0 and install 1.1 and 2.0 in sequence?Thank you very much! There is no sequence in .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 installation.You can look into the installation log and check what's the problem.Can you post your installation errors?Maybe I can help you to fix the error through your...

Is it compulsory to install the enire .net software or just the .net framework is sufficient for deployment?
I have created a small application in ASP.net. Now i want to deploy this on another server. Is it compulsory to install the enire .net software or just the .net framework is sufficient? For this will i have to purchase another liscenced .net framework or a downloaded version from the site will suffices my requirement? Please help, i need to deploy it immediately to test it. Thanks in advance to all who can help me out You should only install the .NET Framework on the server. If the server is Windows Server 2003, then the .NET Framework will be pre-installed.  There are...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Web resources about - IE Web Controls and the .NET Framework - asp.net.installation-setup

Natasha Stott Despoja launches 'world first' framework to address domestic violence
Australia's first national, evidence-based domestic violence framework was launched at Parliament House on Tuesday.

Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow could arrive this week
Towards the end of October we told you that Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow would soon become available for all. While that's still ...

Safe Harbor 2.0 framework begins to capsize as January deadline nears
... very well be nixed by EU's top court. Safe Harbour 2.0, currently being drawn up by the EU and US authorities, "will not provide a viable framework ...

UI Frameworks – Bootstrap
... you produce a responsive website. About Bootstrap To quote the Bootstrap website: “Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Google engineers craft a Dart framework for iOS and Android
The UI framework uses its own rendering engine to draw widgets

Google Launches Framework to Load Content on Mobile Web Quickly
Google gives publishers a way to load content faster on mobile Web; FireEye reveals new Android malvertising threat; Samsung's Q3 profit forecasts ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

Angular-Meteor links JavaScript frameworks
... build system improvements and ECMAScript compliance Angular-Meteor, Meteor's technology for using the Angular and Meteor JavaScript frameworks ...