HTTP 1.1/500 Server Error

Hello all,

I have .NET working swimmingly on my Win 2K laptop. I'm in the process of trying to get it working on my home PC, running Win XP Pro.
IIS installed fine, .NET framework and the software installed fine, but here's the situation. Whenever I try to create a new web application in Vis Studio .NET 2003, I get the following error:
The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/test'. HTTP 1.1/500 Server Error'.
I did some further testing, and found the following:
-IIS is up, and successfully serves an HTML page I placed in wwwroot.
-IIS will not serve up the iisstart.asp file that's in wwwroot
-I'm logged in as a member of the local administrator group
-The default web site properties match the working IIS on my laptop exactly on every screen
Clearly, it looks like something just is missing somewhere. Any ideas what it might be?
Thanks,
Steve
0
battists

I have exactly the same problem. I was told the by running Aspnet_RegIIS /i from command prompt (from the .net framework->v1.???? etc inside the windows folder) that this will resolve the issue.
However this does not seem to have worked for me - other users on the internet have reported this action as a resolution. Please let me know if you this helps you or indeed you can help me find the source of what is proving to be a major headache.
Cheers
Matt
0
mattowens
12/15/2003 11:25:29 AM
Ugh, I gave this try, and also did aspnet_regiis /c to update client scripts, but I still get the same error.

Have you figured out the problem on your end??
0
battists
12/17/2003 2:56:22 AM
When you say "it won't run the iistart.asp" file, what happens? Do you get an error? If so, what is it?

Do you see anything in the Windows Event Logs?
Cheers
Ken
0
Ken
12/18/2003 11:00:46 AM
I don't have access to the PC right now, but the error message is the one listed in the subject header:

HTTP 1.1/500 Server Error (NOT "Internal Server Error)
I'll check the Event Logs when I get home tonight.
0
battists
12/18/2003 1:41:14 PM
Hi. I'm back. Nothing interesting in the event logs. I totally uninstalled VS 2003, .NET Framework 1.1, and IIS. Then, I reinstalled IIS alone, and I can't even bring up an old ASP page, without any .NET components installed at all.

I'm at my wits' end with this.
0
battists
12/19/2003 1:54:52 PM
Can you bring up a .htm page?

Cheers
Ken
0
Ken
12/20/2003 8:08:24 AM
Yup!
0
battists
12/20/2003 1:18:19 PM
Hi, I get the same sort of error. When I try to access any page other than a htm directly in the virtual root folder, i get this error:

Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.
Whenever I try to access a file in a virtual directory this error comes up. Trying to run a project with VS.Net also shows the same error.
If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this please help (Re-installing iis, asp.net and vs.net hasn't helped).
0
ajay_m
1/7/2004 1:45:03 PM
Hi. I finally resolved this problem. For me, it was that the COM-related services on the server were not running. Unfortunately, I'm not at my PC right now, so I can't tell exactly what the services were, but they were things like COM+ Event System and so forth. Maybe the Distributed Transaction Coordinator.

Try turning those things on...
0
battists
1/7/2004 2:33:40 PM
Thanks battists, looks like that was part of the problem, did a repair on the windows installation and that seemed to get atleast asp.net working :)
0
ajay_m

HTTP /1.1 500 Server Error in the VS.NET 2003
Hi, After uninstall the NIS (Norton Internet Security) 2006, I have got problem with my VS.NET 2003. so that I had to uninstalll and install the IIS,NetFramework and VS.NET 2003 again and also "aspnet_regiis -i " to reconize IIS at VS.NET 2003. However when I am trying to open any project within VS.NET 2003 it gives me "HTTP /1.1 500 Server Error" error message. I checked the System at the Even Viewer seems my system has a difficulty with the "w3svc.dll". but it's kind of strange for me, becuase when I ran "iisreset/ status" seems the IIS running without any problem and also the I...

Got an Error HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
Hi is there anybody can help me with my problem in asp.net... coz everytime i open .net and create new asp files i got an error of "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: 'http://pc03/localhost/MyWeb/Application'.'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'. thanks... pilots Have you turned off Friendly Errors in Tools | Internet Options | Advanced. Usually this is the problem. Corey...

Start up error: HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I recieved the following error when trying to create a program'The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or the open the Web project located at the following URL: http://localhost/asptest 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'here are the event viewer errors:Event Type: ErrorEvent Source: DCOMEvent Category: NoneEvent ID: 10004Date:  10/27/2008Time:  2:05:36 PMUser:  N/AComputer: LNOxxxxCFD2YDescription:DCOM got error "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer...

HTTP/1.1 500 Error
I am getting the above error, with the message "Server not available."  I have a hunch that the problem can be traced to a patch I installed this month.  The patch (SP2DBFix1.1.1.mxp) was supposed to correct an interaction problem between Dreamweaver and Asp.Net.History:  Everything in Visual Studio worked just fine last semester, when I took the Asp.Net class.  Now, none of the Asp.Net applications work, although the VB.Net apps in my Visual Studio still work as expected.  Help, please!Dee Start by finding the real error:http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109JeffP...

My VS.Net 2003 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'
Sorry, but I English is a cheet!!!I like to know the because of error when I try to create a project web:The Web Server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project locatec at the following URL: 'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.I tried make the following command's:iisreset /stopnet user ASPNET /deleteapsnet_regiis -iiisreset /startBut continue made same thing.Thankful by attention!Luidy Morais NavesComputer Science This error occurs due to many reasons and I think you have considered most of the options. You may want...

Start up Error: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal server Error
When I attempt to create a new project or open an existing one, I recieve the following error.  "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/PROJECTNAME'.  'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal server Error'. Now I have a fix for this, but it requires me to have to do it everytime I reboot my computer.  It's kind of a lengthy process and I've looked just about everywhere for perm. fixes for this error but have come up empty.  I've had just about enough of d...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
please help today I instaled MS IIS, MS Framework 1.1 and MS Visual Studio .NET 2003 When I try to create new project (ASP.NET Web Application) on localhost it gives error message. I runned the aspnet_regiis.exe -i already, but it didn't help ...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I installed VS2003 on my pc but when i try to create a new project http://localhost/xyz/webapplication1 it gives HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error.  anyone have idea on whats wrong?  I repaired vs2003, reinstalled iis but still getting this error.  ...

http/1.1 500 Server Error
  Hi all.. http/1.1 500 Server Error Wat to do to resolve this??? I tried a lot. I cannot open or create a web application. Unistall and reinstall the framework. Done a lot browsing the web. But still the same problem. Can anyone help meRegards,Jeen Please give us some more informationWhat version of OS, IIS, ASP.NET are you using?How did you deploy the website and what settings is your virtual directory running as?  Did you check the Event logs...? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers wil...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I am doing a mobile application via Visual Studio.Net 2003 and encounter this error message: " The Web server reported the following error when attemping to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost.MobileWebApplication1'.'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error' when I tried to open my project file or start a new project. How can I debug this error? Please help. Googling your question I found: "When you create a Web Application project, Visual Studio creates the default project settings for debugging. When you choose Start from the Debug menu, ...

http://localhost/WebProject1', 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.
The Web server reported the following error when attempting tocreate or open the Web project located at the following URL:'http://localhost/WebProject1', 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.i am using xp professional,sql 7.0,.net 1.1                       PLEASE HELP ME                                    ...

Error HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error with Indy FireDac DataSnap XE7
*I made a server application that calling the methods by browse, everything works perfect,* *but to test my methods build a client using TdHTTP it and call the methods as follows:* procedure TF_CLIENTE.SBEnviar2Click(Sender: TObject); var Url : String; lJSO : String; jsonToSend : TStringStream; begin Url := 'http://localhost:809...ecomandoPOST/'; lJSO := ('{"name":"TESTE"}'); jsonToSend := TStringStream.Create(lJSO,TEncoding.UTF8); idHttp.ProxyParams...

http/1.1 500 Server Error #4
When attempting to load or create a project this message: The web server reptorted the following error when attempting to vreate or open the web project located at the follwon URL:http://localhost/tryagain. HTTP:/1.1 500 Server Error At first the IIS simply would not stay running, I would give it a hit and IIS would stop. I re installed, and this is where the problem stands. When I browse to any *.aspx page I get the following error messeage (Friendly message are off) Server Application Error The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processin...

http/1.1 500 internal server error
Hi, i have the next problem: When i try to create a new web application in Visual Studio.Net 2003 i have the next error: "http/1.1 500 internal server error" I have Windows Server 2003. I have deleted the aspnet count and execute aspnet_regiis -i but the problem still. Can anybody help me. Thanls...

Web resources about - HTTP 1.1/500 Server Error - asp.net.installation-setup

Turkey internet servers under sustained cyber attack: internet body
Turkish internet servers have suffered one of the most intense cyberattacks ever seen in the country over the past week, raising fears Ankara ...

Cock.li e-mail server seized by German authorities, admin announces
(credit: Vincent Canfield ) In a new video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of novelty e-mail provider cock.li announced that one ...

Intel: Deutsche Bank Models Altera Contribution to Server Biz
Shares of Intel ( INTC ) are down 35 cents, or 1%, at $34.63, after the company this morning announced the formal closing of its $17 billion ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Windows 10 automatically uploads encryption keys to Microsoft servers - Business Insider Deutschland
Securing your data is tough. Jan Kaláb/Flickr (CC) Microsoft backs up users' encryption keys to its servers, The Intercept's Micah Lee reports ...

8 quirky emails from Hillary Clinton's private server
The latest State Department release includes emails on limo ride flow charts, jury duty advice, and the "Texts from Hillary" viral photo

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’
Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’

Internet service providers slowing down on taking in server orders
Worldwide Internet service providers such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Facebook have recently started slowing down on pulling in their server ...