HTTP/1.1 500 Error - Internal Server Error

I am getting the above error, with the message "Server not available."  I have a hunch that the problem can be traced to a patch I installed this month.  The patch (SP2DBFix1.1.1.mxp) was supposed to correct an interaction problem between Dreamweaver and Asp.Net.

History:  Everything in Visual Studio worked just fine last semester, when I took the Asp.Net class.  Now, none of the Asp.Net applications work, although the VB.Net apps in my Visual Studio still work as expected.  Help, please!

Dee

0
Dee

Start by finding the real error:

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

Jeff
jeff

Got an Error HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
Hi is there anybody can help me with my problem in asp.net... coz everytime i open .net and create new asp files i got an error of "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: 'http://pc03/localhost/MyWeb/Application'.'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'. thanks... pilots Have you turned off Friendly Errors in Tools | Internet Options | Advanced. Usually this is the problem. Corey...

Start up error: HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I recieved the following error when trying to create a program'The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or the open the Web project located at the following URL: http://localhost/asptest 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'here are the event viewer errors:Event Type: ErrorEvent Source: DCOMEvent Category: NoneEvent ID: 10004Date:  10/27/2008Time:  2:05:36 PMUser:  N/AComputer: LNOxxxxCFD2YDescription:DCOM got error "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer...

HTTP /1.1 500 Server Error in the VS.NET 2003
Hi, After uninstall the NIS (Norton Internet Security) 2006, I have got problem with my VS.NET 2003. so that I had to uninstalll and install the IIS,NetFramework and VS.NET 2003 again and also "aspnet_regiis -i " to reconize IIS at VS.NET 2003. However when I am trying to open any project within VS.NET 2003 it gives me "HTTP /1.1 500 Server Error" error message. I checked the System at the Even Viewer seems my system has a difficulty with the "w3svc.dll". but it's kind of strange for me, becuase when I ran "iisreset/ status" seems the IIS running without any problem and also the I...

HTTP 1.1/500 Server Error
Hello all, I have .NET working swimmingly on my Win 2K laptop. I'm in the process of trying to get it working on my home PC, running Win XP Pro. IIS installed fine, .NET framework and the software installed fine, but here's the situation. Whenever I try to create a new web application in Vis Studio .NET 2003, I get the following error: The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/test'. HTTP 1.1/500 Server Error'. I did some further testing, and found the following: -IIS is up, and...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
please help today I instaled MS IIS, MS Framework 1.1 and MS Visual Studio .NET 2003 When I try to create new project (ASP.NET Web Application) on localhost it gives error message. I runned the aspnet_regiis.exe -i already, but it didn't help ...

http/1.1 500 Server Error
  Hi all.. http/1.1 500 Server Error Wat to do to resolve this??? I tried a lot. I cannot open or create a web application. Unistall and reinstall the framework. Done a lot browsing the web. But still the same problem. Can anyone help meRegards,Jeen Please give us some more informationWhat version of OS, IIS, ASP.NET are you using?How did you deploy the website and what settings is your virtual directory running as?  Did you check the Event logs...? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers wil...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I am doing a mobile application via Visual Studio.Net 2003 and encounter this error message: " The Web server reported the following error when attemping to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost.MobileWebApplication1'.'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error' when I tried to open my project file or start a new project. How can I debug this error? Please help. Googling your question I found: "When you create a Web Application project, Visual Studio creates the default project settings for debugging. When you choose Start from the Debug menu, ...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I installed VS2003 on my pc but when i try to create a new project http://localhost/xyz/webapplication1 it gives HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error.  anyone have idea on whats wrong?  I repaired vs2003, reinstalled iis but still getting this error.  ...

http://localhost/WebProject1', 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.
The Web server reported the following error when attempting tocreate or open the Web project located at the following URL:'http://localhost/WebProject1', 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.i am using xp professional,sql 7.0,.net 1.1                       PLEASE HELP ME                                    ...

Http/1.1 500 server error #5
This is the contents of my error log: #Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.1#Version: 1.0#Date: 2006-06-29 16:13:24#Fields: time c-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem sc-status 16:13:24 127.0.0.1 GET /WebApplication1/get_aspx_ver.aspx 50016:13:24 127.0.0.1 GET /get_aspx_ver.aspx 500 When I try to create the above application, I received the following error: The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the wet project located at the following URL: http://localhost/WebApplication1 HTTP/1 .1 500 Server Error. I have registered ASP with IIS, and reinstal...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error #2
After having some much trouble with my Visual Studio .NET, and error HTTP/1.1 403, it now throws HTTP/1.1 500. I tried everything, reinstalling everything in a strict order IIS, then VS.NET. I tried aspnet_regiis -i, aspnet_reg -r, and then aspnet_isapi.dll. I tried everything for number of times. Could someone tell me, how to get rid of it. I need to start my project, but it would not even allow me to open a ASP.NET WebApplication. Thanks Just one question: do you do any URL rewriting internally in your application?-- Justin Lovell Oh not at all. I can't even open the application in a f...

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error #3
I am doing a mobile application via Visual Studio.Net 2003 and encounter this error message: " The Web server reported the following error when attemping to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost.MobileWebApplication1'.'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error' when I tried to open my project file or start a new project. How can I debug this error? Please help. The address is a little wrong. Replace the period (.) between localhost and MobileWebApplication1 with a slash (/).Shane BauerMCP - ASP.NET yup...So do you know how to solve it? Please ...

http/1.1 500 Server Error #2
Hi, When I try to create a new project (asp.net web application) I get this message. The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'http/1.1 500 Server Error' Hope anyone can help me. thanks       Hi aarunlal,   Base on my understand, you are using VS.NET 2003. From the error message I think ASP.NET version 1.1 may have been corrupt, please execute aspnet_regiis -i in Command Prompt. The file can be found in c:\Windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1....

Ugh! HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
Well, I've spent all weekend and $700 trying to get a dev box set up at home for a bit of .net work on the side. It's been hell. I've gotten XP upgraded to XP Pro. I've installed VB.net (Visual Studio). IIS. ASP.net framework. Umpteen patches. And now, 48 hours later, I still can't create a new project in VS.net. Whenever I do, I get this error: --------------------------- Microsoft Development Environment --------------------------- The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL: 'http://localh...

http/1.1 500 Server Error #4
When attempting to load or create a project this message: The web server reptorted the following error when attempting to vreate or open the web project located at the follwon URL:http://localhost/tryagain. HTTP:/1.1 500 Server Error At first the IIS simply would not stay running, I would give it a hit and IIS would stop. I re installed, and this is where the problem stands. When I browse to any *.aspx page I get the following error messeage (Friendly message are off) Server Application Error The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processin...

Web resources about - HTTP/1.1 500 Error - Internal Server Error - asp.net.installation-setup

Empire of Japan (internal politics 1914–1944) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since the Meiji period, Japan had been a nominal constitutional monarchy , but the name did not obscure the fact that Japan’s form of government ...

ACT Policing called to federal police union office in Griffith over internal row
ACT Policing was called to the Australian Federal Police Association offices in Canberra on Wednesday amid ongoing tensions within the organisation's ...

Paris attacks: Immigration Minister Peter Dutton rejects internal call from state MP Andrew Fraser to ...
Peter Dutton shuts down a call from New South Wales MP Andrew Fraser for Australia to stop accepting Middle Eastern refugees.

iPad Pro teardown shows tweaks to internals in Apple’s new larger tablet
... of Apple’s new iPad Pro. The new device features a larger 12.9-inch display, the 3rd generation 64-bit A9X chip, and other upgraded internals, ...

Tomatoes taste good because we slowed down their internal clocks
Domestication accidentally created a plant that thrives in long summer days.

Autoblog Minute: VW finds CO2 'irregularities' after internal investigation
Filed under: Videos , Volkswagen , Emissions , Autoblog Minute The Volkswagen emissions scandal expands in scope, likely including gas cars in ...

Amazon Sale offers big savings on internal and external Samsung SSD drives
... to ensure lightning-fast access to all of your files. And as is the case with anything else, brands matter. When buy an external or internal ...

What Apple employees say about the company's secretive internal corporate culture
... not be responding to this question, nor would I feel wronged for not being able to." Apple makes grammar and punctuation changes in its internal ...

Apple employees have a LOT to say about the company's secretive internal culture
... not be responding to this question, nor would I feel wronged for not being able to." Apple makes grammar and punctuation changes in its internal ...

Mobile Apps: The Next Big Thing for Internal Communications
Internal communications is on the brink of the next big movement for employee engagement and interaction: mobile apps. Straight from the app ...