how to split out code in HTML to code behind form?

A lot of samples in asp.net books are code in HTML but I like to read code behid form. How to split out code in HTML to code behind form? That is, all vb code in a file and all html in another file. I try many times, there are still errors.
0
aspfun

what editor are you using?

CodeBehind is supported by VS.NET and (IIRC) WebMatrix - what are you using?
RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadable

Jason Brown - MVP, IIS
0
Atrax
5/3/2004 4:29:16 AM
I use both. If you create a new project, it is ok. But if you try to run the sample from book, for example, the book "ASP.NET DATA WEB CONTROLS KICK START" by SCOTT MITCHELL whcih codes are in html.
0
aspfun
5/3/2004 10:08:18 AM
what's wrong with running them the way they're intended?

btw you can sometimes get answers from Scott Mitchell by posting at http://www.aspmessageboard.com/
RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadable

Jason Brown - MVP, IIS
0
Atrax
5/4/2004 12:38:59 AM
well Scot Mitchell probably coded the ASP.NET page in one big one without code-behind to save some space. It doesn't really matter too much just prefrence.
0
reeseslover531

How to insert HTML code from code-behind outside of form?
I need to insert some html code inside of the <body>, but before the <form> tag from my code-behind. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks You can place a literal control outside your form and then write your HTML as a string to the Text property of the literal. Simon...

what about the code-behind (code behind)
One MAJOR difference between AJAX.NET and Atlas.NET seems to be that AJAX.NET is able to expose methods in your codebehind to the client. Why doesn't Atlas do this? Or am I mistaken? With AJAX.NET it's just a simple line or two:  Ajax.Utility.RegisterTypeForAjax(GetType(myClass)) <Ajax.AjaxMethod()>Public Function myFunction PLEASE tell me Atlas has something comparable to this. I don't have the time to rewrite all my code-behind methods in javascript or atlas script. All you need to do in Atlas to expose a method on your page (or its code behind class) is to put a [WebMet...

Web Forms Designer error
Hi, The web forms designer keeps adding things in a generated InitializeComponent() method. I believe these things shouldn't be there because I've made a new webform with the same code that doesn't add the same stuff. Is there anyway I can see the Web Designer code? Thanks. Just expand out the hidden #region. It is labeled Web Form Designer CodeStarting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

Code Behind or not Code Behind
Ok i am confuse now.... A lot of books are showing pages without code behind (the code is integrated in the .aspx) Is it better to use the code behind or not. Is there any difference between using VB.NET or C#.NET except for the code synthax. Thank you and come again. A lot of samples show inline code just for simplicity.. i personally use code-behind because I like to seperate my code from presentation. As for VB.NET or C#, its your preference.. there is no difference really when its all said and done. From a purely mathematical sense, having everything in a single file would s...

Code behind vrs. non code behind in VS.NET 2003
Does anyone know what the advantages and disadvantages are for using code behind vrs. non code behind in Visual Studio.Net 2003? One important difference is that you are able to separate the design of a web site from the code. This makes for ease of maintainablity and much more structured applications. If you ever worked with classic ASP the code-behind is a great invention. sivilianMy Weblogs...

how to write this html code in code behind
Dear Friend, i need to write this html code in code behind. Response.Write(" &lt;embed&nbsp; type="application/x-mplayer2" id="mp" pluginspage="<A href="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/">http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/</A>" name="mediaplayer1" ShowStatusBar="true" EnableContextMenu="false" autostart="false" width="400" height="400" loop="false" src="XP-DefaultDCOM.wmv" /&gt;");  in this code src value i&n...

Access code in HTML from Code-Behind
I'm trying to access a variable I have in the HTML from my Code-Behind either by adding it as a session variable or making it the text of a textbox.  Neither is working. <% Dim ItemNo As StringItemNo = Request.QueryString("itemno") Response.Write(ItemNo)Session.Add("ItemNo", ItemNo) %>   <asp:TextBox ID="ItemNo" runat="server" Text='<%# Request.QueryString("itemno") %>'></asp:TextBox>  The value of ItemNo is output to the screen. However, when I try to access Session.Item("It...

Adding HTML Code on Code Behind
Presently I have an include on every aspx page that links to the same style sheet. I'm wondering if it's possible to: 1. Add code in the <head> tag (or any other tag) on the code behind page. 2. Put code in one place (possibly a BasePage class) that dynamically adds a style sheet link to every page that includes that class, or every aspx page in the project, or ... Thanks! BrianCheers,Brian 1. You can set the html control (tag) to runat=server and use it in server side. 2. Use a public variable in "href=" in the CSS link tag and set the value in server side ...

How to apply HTML code in masterpage code behind ???

To Code Behind or Not Code Behind, That is the Question...
I have been working in ASP.Net 1.0 for several years.  I have just begun using 2.0 and I am really liking it. I understand how to create pages with code in the page and code behind the page.  I'm just not clear on what is considered the preferred method. I am about to start a new application and I would like to do it the recommended way. Are there any opinions on this already, something I should be reading? Thanks a lot,Chris Hi,  Generally, code behind, or code behind files are recommended, as they make applications easier to debug and rework.  I guess that the thi...

Seperating Admin code in code-behind from general code
Hi guys, I just want to know if it would improve the functioning of my site to create two seperate dlls: One of the dll's would contain all the code for the general functioning of the site, and the other dll would contain all of the code for the administration elements of the site. Thanks GP...

Code-Behind versus Code-Inside and Code-Beside
Can someone explain to me how the code gets compiled when you do code-inside (like in webmatrix) as oposed to code-behind? WHen you do the code-behind I know all the code gets compiled at compile-time into a dll assembly. And I think that code-inside gets compiled at run-time. But what if you have a mixture of the two and you have a dll assembly with code-beside modules, how do they get compiled into the assembly? Maybe I'm wrong or confused, can someone clarify? I'm also aware of the Visual Studio 2005 code-beside also, will that change anything? thanks, Frank For a general...

reusable code
 I have a page of code that instead of putting it in each pags code behind, I would like to be able to jsut include it in the code behind of each page so that it gets executed each time. This way I could jsut edit the one file and th changes woudl be site wide in thepages that have this as an include in the code behind file.What is the bet way to do that? Any examples?Thanks Hi, You could create a base class for the code-behind classes (put every code-behind class to derive from this common base class), when changes to the base class would apply to the derived classes.Thanks,Teemu Ke...

Get html code of aspx page from code behind
Hi all, Do you how we can do what I mention in the title?Example: aspx code <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Header.aspx.cs" Inherits="Header" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <!--js--> <script type='text/javascript'> alert('hello'); </script> <!--/js-->  Is there any way that in the code behind I can have the above string?. Actually I like to ge...

Web resources about - how to split out code in HTML to code behind form? - asp.net.installation-setup

The GOP Establishment Has Found The One Thing That Can Make Donald Trump Palatable: Ted Cruz
Huffington Post The GOP Establishment Has Found The One Thing That Can Make Donald Trump Palatable: Ted Cruz Huffington Post The Republican ...

Apple to Open iOS App Development Centers, Starting in Italy
Apple has announced that it will be opening its first iOS app development center in Europe at a partner institution in Naples, Italy. Apple expects ...

Inspector General: Hillary Clinton’s Emails Contained Highly Classified Intel
Hillary Clinton’s emails are like a ghost that just won’t stop haunting her. For several months now, the former Secretary of State has been forced ...

Watch Big Bash League Cricket Semifinal Live Online: Streaming, Adelaide Strikers Vs. Sydney Thunder
Australia’s fifth Big Bash League T20 cricket extravaganza finished off its 32-match schedule last weekend and fans can watch live online as ...

Star Wars Toys Brought in $700 Million in 2015
Star Wars toys were the hottest property in the toy industry last year, generating hundreds of millions of dollars of sales, according to new ...

Astronomers' findings point to a ninth planet, and it's not Pluto
Los Angeles Times Astronomers' findings point to a ninth planet, and it's not Pluto Los Angeles Times This artist's conception illustrates ...

Mumbai records year’s coldest day
The minimum temperature recorded is more than four degrees below normal, making it one of the coldest days recorded in the city this month.

Cheap Oil, Good for Consumers, Is Slamming Stocks. Why?
A plunging price of oil is dragging stock markets to their worst start to a year ever, even though low fuel prices are great for consumers and ...

Massacre Came as Pakistan University Honored a Hero of Nonviolence
New York Times Massacre Came as Pakistan University Honored a Hero of Nonviolence New York Times The university attacked by the Pakistani ...

WWE Rumors: Daniel Bryan Returns, AJ Styles Debuts, ‘Royal Rumble’ — Biggest Week In WWE History?
Rumors always fly around in the world of professional wrestling, but there are a lot happening right now. Actually, there are so many things ...