how to install .ner framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?

hello everyone!

I got a problem, I have installed .net framework 2.0 in my computer, but now I need to install .net framework 1.1.

The install process of .net framework 1.1 halt when it is stoping the IIS Admin.

Can I install .net framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?

Or I have to remove 2.0 and install 1.1 and 2.0 in sequence?

Thank you very much!

0
SSnake

There is no sequence in .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 installation.You can look into the installation log and check what's the problem.Can you post your installation errors?Maybe I can help you to fix the error through your installation log.
0
Jasson_King
9/4/2006 6:08:34 AM

Jasson_King:
There is no sequence in .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 installation.You can look into the installation log and check what's the problem.Can you post your installation errors?Maybe I can help you to fix the error through your installation log.

Thank you.

But I can't find the log file. I look through the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp directory and the C:\Windows\Temp\ directory and can't find the log file.

The installation of v1.1 just halt at the window that say it is stoping the IIS Admin service and the installation did not come to the end.

0
SSnake
9/4/2006 6:43:54 AM

You can find install log as the following steps.

Right mouse click "My Computer" in your PC desktop,choose "Manage",then you will see "Computer Management" console,select "Event Viewer" and expand it,click "Application",you will see the install log.Maybe you can find the issues why you can not continue to your installation.

0
Jasson_King
9/5/2006 6:15:32 AM

Just a hunch, try stopping the IIS Admin service manually and then install the framework 1.1?

Although I do not guarantee that it will work.

So simple... yet so effective.
My "Life"ly Blog
0
uXuf

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Install Framework 1.1 after Framework 2.0 already installed?
Is there any conflicts installing framework 1.1 on a server after framework 2.0 is already installed?  I have an application that can only run on version 1.1 and I only have 2.0 installed.  Do I have to rollback 2.0 and install 1.1 first or should it be ok? They are individual, can run side by side and can be installed in any order.  Make sure you set the app to run in the correct framework. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. I've installed in this ...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Can I install dot net framework 2 if 1.1 is already installed?
I notice my development laptop has dot net Framework (presume 1.0) and dot net Framework 1.1 installed. I'd like to start gettting familiar with dot net Framework 2. Can I add this in or do I need to uninstall the 1.x versions first? I presume that my previous dot net framework 1.x apps will still function if I install dot net Framework 2. Is this the case? Thanks, For sure you can have both on one machine. Just install the .NET framework 2.0, then you will have an additional tab in the IIS  MMC, which allows you to specify the framework each application would under. Regards ...

Install .NET Framework 1.1 after 2.0
Hi All, I have a client that has a machine with .NET Framework 2.0 installed.  But my app runs in 1.1 Framework.  I do not want to run my App in the 2.0 Framework for fear of something breaking.  Do you know of any installation issues in regards to installing .NET Framework 1.1 after 2.0? Thanks, Chris    Chris What is the webserver version, if it is Windows2003, it will already have framework 1.1. If it is Windows 2000, Since you had a fear on installing, you can do one thing Uninstall 2.0, then install 1.1, after that install 2.0 again. But as ...

Installation of both .net framework 1.0 & 1.1
I've already installed .net Visual Studio 2002 into my server and by installing this it was also installed 1.0 .net framework SDK into my server I have already download the .net framework 1.1 not the SDK pack and installed it to my server.And my problem is that when I'm trying to open an ASP page to my server which have to do with database let's say MS ACCESS database it bring me this error: The page cannot be displayed There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Installation of both .net framework 1.0 & 1.1
I've already installed .net Visual Studio 2002 into my server and by installing this it was also installed 1.0 .net framework SDK into my server I have already download the .net framework 1.1 not the SDK pack and installed it to my server.And my problem is that when I'm trying to open an ASP page to my server which have to do with database let's say MS ACCESS database it bring me this error: The page cannot be displayed There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

.NET SP2 for Framework 1.0 if 1.1 is also installed
if I have installed .NET Frameworks versions both 1.0 and 1.1? Apparently .NEt SP2 is required by .NET Framework 1.0 but not by .NET Framework 1.1 Have anybody experienced problems due to its installation with simultaneously installed .NET Frameworks?Guennadi Vanine - Gennady Vanin - Геннадий Ванин Hi Guenavan I have had both installed on a afew machines at work and both run happily together and I use them both a lot. Cheers GregorGregor SuttieMCSD, MCAD, MCSD.Net...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Web resources about - how to install .ner framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed? - asp.net.installation-setup

Pre-installed software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bundled software is another name for pre-installed software, as pre-installed are all bundled with a hardware device of some kind. However, bundled ...

REPORT: Facebook Home Can Be Installed On All Android Devices Running 4.0 And Up
The good news: Facebook Home can now be run on all Android devices running version 4.0 of the mobile operating system or higher, even if they ...

CPU fan installed - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Garrette's photos on Flickr. Garrette has uploaded 3652 photos to Flickr.

Gay-friendly traffic lights installed in Vienna - YouTube
Keep up-to-date with the latest news, subscribe here: http://bit.ly/AFP-subscribe Several pedestrian crossings in Vienna are showing symbols ...

Brisbane's new public art installed
From a distance, it looks like Commissioner Gordon's Bat-signal.

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

'Spyware' installed on rental laptops