How to extract xml file from window application to web application in .net

hi..i have two software solutions both in .net one is desktop and another is web application.And i want to transfer data between these application using xml.

In desktop solution i have created a xml schema and create a xml document that conforms to that schema.XML doucment is created which contains the data.Now i have to extract this xml document into my web application and store the data of this xml file into my database and vice versa.

So tell me what are the different methods to get the document from desktop to web and from web to desktop.Actaully i am not much aware of this type interoperablity that how it will be possible.

Thanks in advance.

0
Rajnish

Hi Rajnish,

Usually , we will use WebService to do this . You can deploy it in web application. So the winform application can consume the webservice for upload or download xml file.

this link is helpful to you : http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/scottlysle/UploadwithCSharpWS05032007121259PM/UploadwithCSharpWS.aspx

Samu Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Samu

How to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications
Hello can anyone please advise me guide me how to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications. I know how to do basic deployment but i want to know more about database connection string, Support files specific to application.   Please help--------ThanksSK Hi there,Database connections will not change too much, you will only need to change the Uid,password, server and sometimes database name.you can also create a setup file which will setup all the things. check out these:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818016 http://15seconds.com/issue/041229.htm http://www.microsoft.com/tec...

is it possible to exporting XML file from a website to windows application through .Net Remoting or web services
Hello everyone ..i have a website through which i want interact with a desktop appplication to send a XML file.With .Net Remoting i think it's possible but abt webservices i m nt sure is it possible with .Net Remoting or Web Services???plz clear me abt it.    Possible with web services. Expose a web method and add a reference to the webservice to your windows application and call the web methodJeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.  Hello Jeev..sorry for replying late.But I think my scenari...

Encrypting web AND window application config files (.NET 2.0)
What would be the easiest way to encrypt both web and windows application config files (all being on the one server)? I know about the 'aspnet_regiis' command, but as it doesn't do application config files I was wondering if a single GAC shared assembly could be used to initially encrypt  (an interface for encrypting, with developer then manually implementing) and decrypt the data.TIA  I'm not sure I follow you.  Still hope this helps: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/01/09/434893.aspxZhao Ji MaSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Support“Please remember to click...

Hi..Every One I have a doubt in Vb.NET windows application in attaching multiples files for mail application
 Iam having a Button named ReportSend If iam clicking that button I do the following code to work beyond it..The doubt is Iam having a vb application already done and i need to take .xml file and log.txt files alone in attachment by using application.path..how to do this..iam giving My code please help..i need to complete this module by few days. D:\RAST\RAST\bin\Debug\Reports -- this path contains many .xml files D:\RAST\RAST\bin\Debug -- this path contains many .log filesWithout giving the full path i need to take only those .xml and .log extension files using application.pa...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

Deploying powerbuilder application as .NET web application
Hi when I deploy Client/Server PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any bug messages. Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed. Any information is appreciated. If this question has to do with PB 11 WebForm deploys, you want to post it in the sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform section. This section is for DataWindow.Net, a different product. On 29 Jul 2008 05:32:55 -0700, Raju Gol...

Unable to open existing Web application or create web application from Visual Studio.Net
I reinstalled MS office this morning. All of sudden, I can neither open existing web application nor create new Web application. The symptom is the same as described in thread: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=417541 or http://www.dotnetcoders.com/web/Articles/ShowArticle.aspx?article=57 Tried every suggestion. Still can't do anything. When I tried to check server extention, I got following error message: can't open file "fontpg.lck" for writing Do anyone has any suggestion? Could anyone tell me what permission should I set? I added A...

installing .net web application
Hi,     I have developed a web application and want to deploy it using vs.net setup project. I have included the .net framework also so that it gets installed on a server where its not already installed. I would like to know if I can automate the installation of IIS also on the server (if not already done) while I deploy my web app. Please guide me on this. Any comments in this regard is most welcome. No, if deploying to a web server, IIS should be installed already.  IIS comes with the operating system server software. BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord an...

Web resources about - How to extract xml file from window application to web application in .net - asp.net.installation-setup

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

Google pushing virtual reality applications
Google has been pushing its R&D into virtual reality applications and is looking to enhance YouTube with the ability to provide virtual reality ...