How to call a windows based application through a web based application

 Hi All,
I am using a web based application in which i need a particular windows based application at a given time when the user wants it. But i am not able to link them. Plz give any solution

0
sendtoanurag

Ok this will be a good game for you. Go to the local computer whose windows application is to be accessed. Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Component Services, browse to Component Services->My COmputer ->DCOM Config ->

Here select your application..right click it..select properties...click security tab...access permission...customize...edit....in access permission window, click on ADD ... and then add an object... this object should be "aspnet" ...you may need to prefix your domain name OR user name before this object.

HTH

CHeers

 VK

Vishal Khanna
.NET Interviews & FAQs @ www.dotnetUncle.com

Click Mark as Answer if the reply helped you.
0
moredotnet

How i call windows application in web application without using dll of windows application
i want to call Windows application in web Application Without using dll of Windows application in ASP.net 2.0  hi!try this: ProcessStartInfo pi = new ProcessStartInfo("app.exe"); pi.CreateNoWindow = true;  Process p = Process.Start(pi); p.WaitForExit(); if (p.ExitCode != 0){//report error } orzeh  code less, think more!...

Automated setups utility for a .NET web based application
I'm looking for an automated setup application that would allow the user to download my web based application, run the setup and have it automatically installed on the local server.What I need is the following functionality out of it:- Deploy the files in a folder- Set the folder as a web application with all it's permissions- Create the database structure (SQL server)- Modify the web.config file with connection string etc.Is there such a solution out there or do I need to write a custom package for this ? Thanks in advance. Try this blog post:http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/ar...

how to make a phone call in VB.NET web based application
I am developing a ASP.NET & VB.NET web application and i want to dial a number using my phone through application.................what i mean is that the number to be dialed will be provided from the application and my phone should dial that number.........Can any one tell me how can i do that????? Can you link your phone to your PC or will you do this via a modem? I will link my phone with the pc and not with the help of modem................. Did anyone has answer of above Don't think all of the phone support this.   i am facing the same problem can one help me...

how to convert existing web application to AJAX based web application
 Hy, i have developed a web application in asp.net 2.0 but due to so many post backs i want to convert this application to AJAX based to fulfill the future requirements, if you have any idea then please share with me, thanks in advance Regards, Aamir Dharani  This post has the answer you're looking for: http://forums.asp.net/p/1144152/1854320.aspxHanan Schwartzberg--------------------http://www.lionsden.co.il...

How to Call a Window Application from Web Application
 How to call a windows application from a web application. For Example,In orkut.com, when we click on the green button (Online), GTalk application got invoked. Can anyone please let me know how to do that? Also, i need to know the technical name of this scenario.Please refer some good articles!  Thanks in Advance!!!Srinivasan I don't remember the name of the technology doing this, but basically what you have to do, is the desktop application, during its install (with a Windows Installer or something), has to associate a protocol with itself... for example, you have stuff lik...

Call a web application from a windows application
HiI have 2 seperate projects: A web application in ASP.NET and a windows application in C#.I want to be able to open the web app from the windows app. What is the most elegant way to do it? Look into the System.Net.WebRequest and System.Net.WebResponse classes. I believe that there are even samples in VS Help on doing what you want.NC... i do it once a long a go time you can use this code as an exampleSystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IExplore.exe","www.microsoft.com");also you read a bout process class from the msdn or microsoft onlin msdnthere is ...

Problem in converting Ajax based web site to Ajax based web application project
hi, i faced a problem in converting Ajax based web site project to Ajax based web application project  .i got  build errors of script manager,update panel,update progress whereever i use these controls in my applocation even i have already added all the respective dll files needed for this     In vplayer.designer.cs declaration of class as folllowing way:   public partial class VPlayer { protected System.Web.UI.ScriptManager scriptmanager1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel UpdatePanel1; protected System.Web.UI.UpdateProgress Updat...

Web Based Windows Application
Hi, Our application is not purely web based application developed in C#.net. It's a web based windows application. We normally load Windows User control on a web page. Since this is a web application once the package of our application is installed it gets installed in DefaultWebsite in IIS directory. All the assemblies refered by this application remains in the Application Virtual Directory itself. The application works fine while accessing the URL. But in client machine we use a Internet Explorer add on tool named Fiddler in order to monitor the network traffic. The actual problem ari...

Windows and Web-based Applications
What are the advantages & disadvantages of Windows and Web-based applications? Which one of the two should be preferred to develop internet applications? First of all, you're talking about two distinctly different things Windows forms - desktop apps (the kind you normally install on your computer and run from there Web Forms - you create web pages/apps to be viewed through a browser. -- Internet Applications.... Also - take a look at this MSDN article I found today: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndotnet/html/mdiappsmenus.aspDavid Wier...

Converting Client/Server Application to Web-based Application
Can anyone please tell me where can I find a document explaining as to how to convert an existing client/server PowerBuilder application to Web-based EAServer Application? ...

How to extract xml file from window application to web application in .net
hi..i have two software solutions both in .net one is desktop and another is web application.And i want to transfer data between these application using xml. In desktop solution i have created a xml schema and create a xml document that conforms to that schema.XML doucment is created which contains the data.Now i have to extract this xml document into my web application and store the data of this xml file into my database and vice versa. So tell me what are the different methods to get the document from desktop to web and from web to desktop.Actaully i am not much aware of this type i...

Converting Client/Server Application to Web-based Application #2
Can anyone please tell me where can I find a document explaining as to how to convert an existing client/server PowerBuilder application to Web-based EAServer Application? Not exactly something that can be relayed in cookbook fashion, but for a start, try: http://branick-inc.com/papers/moving_pb_to_the_web_tech.pdf <nm> wrote in message news:EB1A258374FFF23C007685AF85256BEA.007685BE85256BEA@webforums... > Can anyone please tell me where can I find a document explaining as to how > to convert an existing client/server PowerBuilder application to Web-based > EASer...

Web resources about - How to call a windows based application through a web based application - asp.net.installation-setup

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...

New patent application suggests Nintendo’s NX console is like nothing we’ve seen before
Nintendo has been close-mouthed about its plans for the Nintendo NX, but a recent patent filing may have tipped the company's hand. If so, then ...