Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2

Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 was released on 4/17/2005.  Here's some important information for users to get started with:

  • If you installed any version of Whidbey Beta 1 products, you must uninstall all Whidbey Beta 1 products before installing Beta 2.  The following links provide details and additional information about uninstalling:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/uninstall/
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/19/409555.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408769.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/hgao/archive/2005/04/15/408768.aspx

Finally, if you encounter any bugs with the product, we want to hear from you.  We recommend following this process before submitting a new bug:

  1. A 'bug' is some feature of the product that isn't working correctly and can be isolated from problems in your own application - for example, if you can break the problem down into the minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem and can consistently do so, then you can consider it a bug.
  2. Problems you're having with getting your own application to work may or may not be caused by a bug in the product.  When in doubt, use these forums to post your problem and get help first.
  3. Please search the forums and existing bug reports on the MSDN Product Feedback Center for duplicate bugs before submitting your bug.
  4. When you've determined that you have a bug to report after following the above steps, you can submit it at http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/.  Make sure you provide as much detail as possible for us to reproduce the problem.  Also, check for responses from the developers in case we need more information.
  5. You should get an acknowledgement from us in about a week.  It may take longer for us to determine the next step for resolving the bug.  In any case, you'll hear back from us when we've determined the fix or when we've resolved the bug for other reasons (such as a duplicate bug or insufficient repro information).

Thanks for your interest in Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005.  We hope you have a great experience with Beta 2.

Rich Ersek

Web Platform & Tools Team Community Lead PM

0
richarde

Upgrading from "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" to "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2"
Newby question: I am learning ASP.NET and downloaded "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" in order to practice and learn the ropes.I just received "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2" and would like to upgrade. However, I haven't found any reference to removing "Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2" before installing "Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2".Should I remove it?What do I need to back up before doing so?Thanks in advance,Ira I believe you can install VS on top of VWD. They, in fact, can coexits (although they will share some files).Thanks----------------------------------...

Do I need to install SOL 2005 server express edition with Visual Web developer 2005 beta 2.0?
Hello,,after I install VWD 2005 beta 2.0 on my machine, I also try to install the download 2005 SQL express edition , too. However, It won't let me to install SQL express because it said that I have to clean something on my machine. Do anyone have problem like this? is VWD 2005 have SQL 2005 express in it or not? I am confused... You don't need to have SQL 2005 to run VWD beta 2.0.  However if you are playing with the beta than its most likely because you want to learn about the feature 2.0 offers and if that is the case then I strongly recommend that you install SQL 2005 because...

problem installing Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2
I have uninstalled all the 2005 beta programs as required, but when I try to install the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2   I get the messgae "Set detected that previous versions of the following product(s) are currently installed ..........."  but no application is listed and I can't continue with istallation. I wonder where it find an offending installation, and how can I correct this. Thank You Meir   Hello. Check the add/remove programs section of the control panel. You must remove all the items installed during preivous beta or ctop install...

Installing Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 With Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 On Machine
I recently completed a successful installation of Visual Studio 2005 on my machine that had Visual Studio 2003 on it already.  I am interested in the beta of Visual Studio 2008, but I'm not sure if there will be conflicts with the previous versions.  Has anyone done this successfully?  Are there any special steps that need to happen for these three development environments to exist together?You can't stop entropy so why even try? I have installed it on my machine but havent had any problems until now though I have not done a lot of work on 2008 yet. This is the only ...

I had Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition Beta 2 installed and I registred there but now I cannot get registered with VDW !
I had Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition Beta 2 installed and I registred there but now I cannot get registered with VDW ! They are probably preparing for the rtm release, which is today....

Visual Studio 2005 vs. Visual Studio 2005 BETA 2
In terms of functionality and features, I was wondering whether there any major differences between Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 Beta2. Thanks From the C# Windows Apps & Web Apps - pecadillos more than anything.  I have several sizeable projects in bothe.g. MDI child/parent Mensu/toolstrips no longer automergesome complaints about rafting property that no longer exists in Windows forms controlsIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it. The primary difference was mainly a lot of bug fixes.  Two areas that we enhanced were website projects and ...

Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2
I am getting ready to install  Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2, and was hoping to get some tips about security settings needed if I install it on my regular computer that is hooked up to the internet by DSL modem.  I do have a firewall installed and virus checker, but want to make sure I am not making myself vulnerable.  I am a newbie at both ASP.net and the use of servers, so any help is greatly appreciated. Simply instaling VWD Express does not expose anything on your machine to make you vulnerable to the outside world.  It does install the ASP.NET De...

Web Developer Express and Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2
Since there is nothing called a dumb question.. I'm about to ask this.. If one has Visual Studio 2005 Team System B2 does one also need Visual Web Developer 2005 Express? Or is it already part of Visual Studio 2005 Team System It is already part of it.  It was a little difficult for me to find.  I was looking to add a project, but it isn't there anymore.Go to File -> New -> Website.bill Team System is a superset of the Express product line It would be nice if the 'goodies' that were included in the 'express' packages were also available in the 'team system' or se...

The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why?
The web site credated by beta 2 can not be run at Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,why? I have created a web with Visual Web Developer 2005 beta 2, and add three user using the tool ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool. now I install the final Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition,but I find my web site can not be run in the final edition, when I try to login into system using Login control, I get the error 1 below: //--------------------------------------error 1--------------------------------------------------------Server Error in '/onlinebookmark' Application. Pr...

Install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition with Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi All, Just want to make sure the following issue: is there any probelms/issue to install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition on a workstation which have Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed? will it caused the VS .Net 2003 not work correctly? IIS 6.0 working fine for .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0?   Thanks!Edward During the beta period, I had both VWD 2005 and VS .NET 2003 installed side-by-side and I didn't notice any problems. I've also installed .NET Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on IIS 6.0, also without any issues. So, 1 and 2 shouldn't give you any problems. HTH,RyanRyan Olsha...

Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions , Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express
Newbie questions....    What is the difference between all this products, i understand now all of them are free of charge, my intention is to build a website, then i do not know if    Visual Basic, Visual C#, Visual J#, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer Express,  are independent produckts or just some kind of adds to  the last oneI have downloaded visual web developer 2005, and the starter kit, is this all that i need starting to work building my pages or am i missing something else? See the Express Products column in the Visual Studio 2005 Product Lin...

Getting Started with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition #2
Hello, In this moment I work with Web Matrix using MS SQL 2000 and MS Access databases and ASP.NET 1.1. If I install Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition will I be able to: 1. Create ASP.NET 1.1 web sites and preview them?     Probably  Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition generates code in ASP.NET 2.0.     This is not a problem as I write all my code in my code editor. 2. Use MS SQL 2000 databases? I have Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installed in my computer. 3. Use Microsoft Access databases? The one that ships with Office 2003? (The la...

Cost of Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2
Hi every one               Can anyone tell me what is the cost of Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2.Thank you Betas are free and you can download it herehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/vwd/default.aspxAccording to following pagehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/faq/default.aspx when VWD Express is released, the price of the product is $49  Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you for your reply. Namit Thapa...

Please help me: How do I UNinstall Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2?
I am trying to find out how to uninstall this software from my computer could you help me please?Many many thanks      Frognovice Same as any other program. Open Control Panel, open Add Or Remove Programs, click on Visual Web Developer..., then click the Change/Remove button and follow the instructions on the screen. Control Panel - Add Remove Programs - Visual Web Developer Express Edition Beta2.-- Bash This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

Web resources about - Getting Started with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and Visual Web Developer Express Edition 2005 Beta 2 - asp.net.installation-setup

Dungeons and developers
Have you ever wanted to learn web development or just refine your webdev skills? Dungeons and Developers gives your quest for knowledge a role ...

Pixel (game developer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amaya's other work includes the game Ikachan which he released in 2000, as well as many other low-profile games. He is currently developing a ...

Nylex site developer's previous work under investigation by building authority
The developer behind a proposed $1 billion redevelopment of Richmond's Nylex site is under investigation by the state building authority for ...

Maroubra home sells at auction to a developer for $2.36 million - DailyTelegraph Search Search
A MAROUBRA house sold for $2.36 million under the hammer, shattering the reserve price by $160,000.

Maroubra home sells at auction to a developer for $2.36 million
A MAROUBRA house sold for $2.36 million under the hammer, shattering the reserve price by $160,000.

AppFigures now lets developers easily share favorite App Store reviews, Parse SDK adds tvOS and watchOS ...
There are a few new goodies for iOS developers shipping during the holiday season. Over the weekend, app analytics firm AppFigures released a ...

Developer looks to Larkinville for Central Terminal inspiration
An emerging plan to restore and revive Buffalo Central Terminal would look to Larkinville for inspiration, according to the Canadian developer ...

An app developer says Microsoft didn't pay it for 5 months — until the company complained on Twitter
The developer of Fhotoroom, a Windows-only photo editing app, complained on Twitter that Microsoft failed to pay the company over five months. ...

Data is everything, now learn to master it as a developer [Deals]
Understanding and working with data is key to how organizations large and small make and measure their impact. Mastering data can give you new ...

Nintendo rejected this Super Mario Bros. 3 PC pitch by Doom developer id
John Romero of id Software fame just released this video of a Super Mario Bros. 3 PC port John Carmack and John Romero made to show Nintendo ...