Framework 1.1 and Framework 2.0 Installation Order

I need to install both Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005 on a new machine. For this, I realize I need both the 1.1 and 2.0 frameworks installed. My question is, should I install the frameworks according to their version number? Therefore, install 1.1 prior to 2.0?

Any other hints on a successful installation?

Thanks, Ed

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

0
ecbruck

The order doesn't matter.  The two frameworks are independent of each other.

Jeff

jeff
4/4/2007 8:18:30 PM

Thanks Jeff. Would you happen to know about the order of installation for Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 along with IIS? I want to make sure I get this right the first time.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, Ed

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

0
ecbruck
4/5/2007 12:20:03 PM

Still really no difference.  But installing the .NET frameworks, then 2003 and then 2005 will make 2005 the default editor for ASPX extensions without having to play with extensions.

Jeff

jeff
4/5/2007 10:51:21 PM
Thanks Jeff!
Thanks, Ed

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

0
ecbruck
4/6/2007 12:17:11 PM

Here is my understanding (without detail) of the correct installation &/or setup processes:

    Step 1 - Operating System & File Structure
    Step 2 – Install IIS
    Step 3 – Install Framework
    Step 4 - MSDN Library
    Step 5 – Visual Studio .Net 2003
    Step 6 – Product Registration

However, from my research (2003-2007) there is a part that has never been included in the instruction set.

What are the options when the install sequence is not followed?

Are there tools that can rectify the sequence problem?

Can the "aspnet_iisreg -i" command  resolve the issue?

What does it do?

<><>Can a re-install of solve the problem?

Should everything be re-installed?

Should anything be un-installed prior to a reinstall?

Best Regards and Thanks,

James

0
james

how to install .ner framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?
hello everyone!I got a problem, I have installed .net framework 2.0 in my computer, but now I need to install .net framework 1.1.The install process of .net framework 1.1 halt when it is stoping the IIS Admin.Can I install .net framework 1.1 after .net framework 2.0 has been installed?Or I have to remove 2.0 and install 1.1 and 2.0 in sequence?Thank you very much! There is no sequence in .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 installation.You can look into the installation log and check what's the problem.Can you post your installation errors?Maybe I can help you to fix the error through your...

Install Framework 1.1 after Framework 2.0 already installed?
Is there any conflicts installing framework 1.1 on a server after framework 2.0 is already installed?  I have an application that can only run on version 1.1 and I only have 2.0 installed.  Do I have to rollback 2.0 and install 1.1 first or should it be ok? They are individual, can run side by side and can be installed in any order.  Make sure you set the app to run in the correct framework. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. I've installed in this ...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Install .framework 2.0 after .framework 1.1
 Greetings,I have some web applications has been developed with .framework 1.1 but i want to develop web application with .framework 2.0 so i install .framework 2.0 on my local machine so what i notice that a new tab (Asp.net)has been added to the IIS in the Virtual directory Properties and all the virtual directories has been converted to asp.net 2.0 version so how can i avoid this problem when i install .framework 2.0 on the production web server????your help is highly appreciatedBest regards.   Try this Select the VirtualDirectory, Right Click select the Properties Window...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Install .NET Framework 1.1 after 2.0
Hi All, I have a client that has a machine with .NET Framework 2.0 installed.  But my app runs in 1.1 Framework.  I do not want to run my App in the 2.0 Framework for fear of something breaking.  Do you know of any installation issues in regards to installing .NET Framework 1.1 after 2.0? Thanks, Chris    Chris What is the webserver version, if it is Windows2003, it will already have framework 1.1. If it is Windows 2000, Since you had a fear on installing, you can do one thing Uninstall 2.0, then install 1.1, after that install 2.0 again. But as ...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Can I install dot net framework 2 if 1.1 is already installed?
I notice my development laptop has dot net Framework (presume 1.0) and dot net Framework 1.1 installed. I'd like to start gettting familiar with dot net Framework 2. Can I add this in or do I need to uninstall the 1.x versions first? I presume that my previous dot net framework 1.x apps will still function if I install dot net Framework 2. Is this the case? Thanks, For sure you can have both on one machine. Just install the .NET framework 2.0, then you will have an additional tab in the IIS  MMC, which allows you to specify the framework each application would under. Regards ...

Installation of both .net framework 1.0 & 1.1
I've already installed .net Visual Studio 2002 into my server and by installing this it was also installed 1.0 .net framework SDK into my server I have already download the .net framework 1.1 not the SDK pack and installed it to my server.And my problem is that when I'm trying to open an ASP page to my server which have to do with database let's say MS ACCESS database it bring me this error: The page cannot be displayed There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - Framework 1.1 and Framework 2.0 Installation Order - asp.net.installation-setup

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...

Australia leads world in household solar panel installations
Australia has the highest rate of household solar panel installation in the world.

Tesla Powerwall home installations are starting for pilot customers
A first look at the consumer-facing Powerwall from Tesla. (credit: Megan Geuss) Tesla has begun shipping 7kWh stationary batteries— branded ...