errors when trying to open or create projects in visual studio .net 2003

I am running windows xp pro. I have IIS 5.1 and windows .net framework 1.1. In visual studio .net 2003, when i try to create a new web service i get the following error:

Web server reported the followig error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: https://localhost/AuthorsWebService. An error occured in the secure channel support.

When I try to open an existing project, i get the following error:

 Web server reported the followig error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: https://localhost/MyWebService. Http/1.1 500 server error

I have trying running aspnet_regiis -i, but that did not solve the proble.

0
jerrygoff

Try,

   Review the event viewer (eventvwr.msc) just after trye open or create the project, and paste the message.

greetings.

0
kyddyan
9/26/2007 7:26:08 PM

event viewer message after trying to create a project:

The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC'. The error was 'The specified metadata was not found.

'.

0
jerrygoff
kyddyan

I couldn't install Visual Studio.Net 2003, while installing an error message "Internal Error is comming"
[DMW: deleted due to the length of the log, and what follows is what's important][09/29/05,14:28:23] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 14:28:23: CADpc.D0DF3458_A845_11D3_8D0A_0050046416B9. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.[09/29/05,14:28:23] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: ***ERRORLOG EVENT*** : ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 14:28:23: INSTALL. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.[09/29/05,14:28:30] Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 - English: MsiInstallProduct return cod...

installing .net 2.0 with visual studio.net 2003
Hi, I'm currently developing using VS.net 2003, .net1.1. Due to development reasons i can't upgrade to vs2005 yet. However i want to upgrade to SQL Express 2005, but this needs .net 2.0. Will my VS.net 2003 still work if i install .net 2.0? Are there any known problems? Thanks, drazic19 .Net 1.1 and  .Net 2.0 will work side by side. Baiju  "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights"...

Opening the Project in Visual Studios .NET 2003
I am trying to open the nGallery.csproj but I get this error. The project you are trying to open is a Web project. You need to open it by specifying its URL path. I am trying to open this in VS.NET 2003. Its running on the Personal Web Server on Windows XP Pro. Any Ideas? When I try opening it with a URL it opens the folder but the .csproj file doesn't show... Thanks, RogerRoger JohnsonLead ProgrammerUniversity of Chicago In IIS, you need to change the permissions for the folder so that it is browseable, otherwise it can't get a list of files to know a .csproj is in th...

Opening project created in VS.NET 2003 in VS.NET 2002?
hi everyone, Can this be done? i'm havin problems opening my applications. the solution file i created is not recognise by VS.NET 2002.. can anyone provide me with a solution? thanks very much.. It is not designed to do this, so don't think you are doing anything wrong. There is a tool designed to do this, it can be foundHERE You must register, but it is a free download. Hope this helps.Chris Paterra thanks very much.....

Error: Visual Studio.Net cannot create or open the application.
I'm using VS .NET 2003, and I have a solution with one C# ASP.NET web project in it.More than 6 months this project in development stage on my computer, but last week I started to recieve the following error message:Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. The likeliest problem is that required components are not installed on the local Web server. Run Visual Studio .NET setup and add the Web Development component.I think it possibly becouse of some changes I put in Global.asax.cs moduleWhat must be done to repair the project?Thanks,AndreyAUTSORSING IT CONSULTING CA...

Error : Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application.....
Hi all,I have Downloaded a Sample CSharp Project fom the web But when i want to open it in the Visual Studio 2003,I recieve the following Error:---------------------------Microsoft Development Environment---------------------------Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. The likeliest problem is that required components are not installed on the local Web server. Run Visual Studio .NET setup and add the Web Development component.---------------------------OK   Help   ---------------------------Also I have Installed Full package of  VS-2003 .I have t...

Problem while creating a Web Project from Visual Studio .Net 2003
Hi,I have .Net Framework version 1.1.4322 installed on my Windows2000 Server m/c.While Creating a web project / opening an existing web project from Visual Studio .Net 2003 I get the following error in the Event log: aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80070003. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account. Please help me out with a solution t...