Error message: Web server not running APS.NET version 1.1

I have IIS 5 and VisualStudio.NET installed on a local PC. If I disconnect the PC from the office network I am able to successfully open an existing ASP.NET application in VS.NET.

If I connect the PC to the office network, I receive the following error message when I try to open my ASP.NET project in VS.NET:
Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services.

It's almost as if VS.NET is seeing a different web server (rather than my locally installed web server) while on the network.
Is there some place in VS.NET where I can specify the correct web server?
Thanks!
0
chipinge

What's the URL you're using to contact your webserver? Maybe you're in conflict with host headers or name lookups that cause your to get on another web site (however, it's a weird problem)...

What you can do is this: go to the v1.0.3705 folder of the .NET Framework (windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705) and run aspnet_regiis /u. Then go to the v1.1.4322 folder and run aspnet_regiis /i. This will make sure only ASP.NET v1.1 is registered on IIS.
Bart De Smet [MVP]

Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net
0
bdesmet
6/4/2004 11:22:35 PM
thx for ur help, i've fixed the problem... juz go to folder v1.1.4322 and run aspnet_isapi.exe -i and it should works!!! :D
0
osxchd

Bits of a .NET 1 web app crash on a server running both .NET 1 and 2
We have a a win2003 server with running mostly .NET 2 web applications but one .NET 1 project. We quickly realised after initial upload of the .NET 1 application that the two versions of .NET would have to run in separate application pools. So I set one up called DOTNET1, assigned my app to it and everything seemed to run swimmingly.  Then yesterday a client rang up to say that a single page of the site wasn't working, although the rest seemed fine when I checked. Then today they rang up again and said a different page wasn't working. Both times it showed me an page sugges...

Running Visual Studio.NET 2005 on Server which only runs version 1.1
I Have the latest copy of VS.NET 2005 which compiles for v2. However my server only runs v1.1. I cant upgrade my server. How can I run this??HighOnCodingWanna get high! The licence that comes with ASP.NET 2.0 says that you are not allowed to create live websites using it. This is because it is still in the Beta 1 stage. Apparently, you will be able to release your website as soon as Beta 2 comes out, but no one knows when that will be.Intelligence is a burden.Jagdip Singh AjimalManchester (and yes, I am a Manchester United fan)...

Help! Running .net 1.1 website on server with .net 2.0
Hi All,I have problems with running my .net version 1.1 website on a server that has .net version 2.0. Also my database is in sql server 2003 and on the server it is sql server 2005. The error that I am getting is: "unhandled exception..." and "invalid connection..."Please help! Kindly let me know if I have to modify my web.config file or other changes. (The website is working properly on my current server with sql server 2003 and .net framework version 1.1. ) Will let you know more details if required. Regards and thanks.  Hi, did you migrate your application to that server? If...

Running .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 apps on same server. Problem???
I have .NET 1.1 running on remote (dedicated) server.  I have just installed Net 2.0 and created a Hello-World App to test it.  It worked fine yesterday, but today when I try it again I get "Server Application Unavailable" My 1.1 web apps seem to be running ok.  The following message was in the event log.  "It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process"Can someone please advise me how to run 1.1 and 2.0 web apps on the sam...

Running server controls compiled for .NET 1.1 in .NET 2.0
Hello, I have tried upgrading our ASP.NET 1.1 application to .NET 2.0 by using Web Application Projects, and it works beautifully. We use several 3rd party controls that we bought for use in .NET 1.1 and these seem to just work in .NET 2.0, except that I get an intermittent problem with one of them. Should DLLs compiled using .NET 1.1 simply work, except if they access classes that have been removed from the framework in .NET 2.0? If I have both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 present on the machine and the ASP.NET application is configured to run using .NET 2.0 and I have a DLL compiled using .NE...

HELP Running a web-site with .NET 2.0 and NET 1.1
Hi evreybody,  I have a HUGE problem. I running a website that I have just created with ASP .NET 2.0 technology, well within my web site there is an web application that needs to run under V1.1. I'm using IIS 6.0 and I was wondering to see if anybody can help me run my new site, and run that web app at the same time. Basically is two sites within one web directory, the way you acces both sites is by the same link, just one is ROOT/default aspx (V2.0) and the other is Root/webapp/default.aspx (v1.1) can anybody help me... :( THANK you you will have to define them as two separate w...

VS.NET Detected Web Server Not Running 1.1?!
* Brand new laptop, Dell Inspiron 8500 * Brand new Win2k Server Installation (not from factory) * Windows Update Completed * VS.NET 2003 Ent Arch Installed, including pre-req's, docs, updates (which it found none) * MS SQL 2000 DEV installed * Copied a .NET 1.0 Web Application directory from old laptop to new. Set up IIS to point to it. * Double-clicked .NET 1.0 Project, starts to open with VS.NET 2003 The following message is received: Visual Sudio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET ...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

DLL does not run on .Net 2.0 but runs on .Net 1.1
We have a DLL that was written in .Net 1.1. The DLL was not developed by us and therefore we do not have the source code to modify it. Based on my investigations, the DLL seems to be inheriting from the ‘system.web.ui.pair’ class. Unfortunately, this class is now sealed in .Net 2.0 and it therefore can not be used in inheritance. Does anybody have an idea on how we can make this DLL work in .Net 2.0?  Any walk arounds? Thanks Try to use Reflection to know the stucture of DLL. ThanksGirijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/...

Web resources about - Error message: Web server not running APS.NET version 1.1 - asp.net.installation-setup