Error Message :It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' ........

" It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."

Could anyone plz help.....Why this error is occuring

0
akhilkumars

look at this. http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh/archive/2005/04/25/37609.aspx

in overview any one of the below 2 reasons.

1. You must define that application as virtual directory. you can do this by giving the directory websharing by rightclick the direcotyr-> properties->websharing-> share this folder.

   and then go to run menu, type inetmgr, select you site which is located in default web sites->giving anonymous access.

2. Another reason may be in one of your subdirectories, there is another web.config file. in that web.config file you are using some sections which are not accessible in subdirecotry web.config. i think authentication section is causing you problem. remove it from inner webconfig.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.
0
ramireddyindia

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configure
Dear All, I am a newbie and this is my first time trying to run asp.net :) I was trying to deploy the wrox asp.net sample code and this is what I got when I tried to run it. I created a virtual directory called "wrox". I have changed the username in the machine.config <processModel> to: userName="SYSTEM" password="AutoGenerate" I thought it was supposed to run because it is WROX OFFICIAL SAMPLE CODE. Server Error in '/wrox' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configur...

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configure
Hello. I got this error on my brinkster hosting.   I have a virtual directory and on the virtual directory is a fodler called webroot. and on this there are 7 subdirectorys according to each one of my domains.  As the error says. I cant create a virtual directory because its not a dedicated server.     Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. ...

VS 2008 error 'It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
 I am using VS 2008 on Windows XP. I downloaded the Ajax Control Toolkit. I am working on Liberty's Programming ASP.NET 3.5 AjaxDemo.aspx. When I hit F5 I get the following error message: "Error    1    It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."  I do not have IIS on this machine. I checked out   http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh/archive/2005/04/25/...

Error 102 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.
 Hi there, i'm greatful if nayone can help me with it. i'm stuck with this error, trying to get to working but to no avail. Error    102    It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.   ...\Web.config    389     i read lots of the posts but the solutions offered there did not resolve my problem. here is what i've tried...

It's is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' ...
Hello Dear All, I'm just making my first steps in programming, and i'm really interesting in asp.net. I downloaded the Employee Info Starter Kit in order to learn some features, but unfortunatly i'm not able to run the application. This is the error i'm getting : It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. F:\Employee Info\employee-info-web-starter-kit\Web.config I thought i had to configure IIS in machi...

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineOnly' beyond machine.config
This is the error message I get: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineOnly' beyond machine.config. Source Error: Line 4: Line 5: <system.web> Line 6: &...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application i
Hi i am getting this error, i am using visual studio 2005 and i have IIS 6, what do i need to do to rectify this problem, thank you. Can i also add that this error just came out of the blue, because the last time i started up the project it worked fine....

I added this to my web.config as specified in the article http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000008.asp <authentication mode="Windows"/> I get this error when I try loading my aspx page: "It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS." I checked my IIS virtual directory and it has a name in for the application name in it's properties so I don't get why I still have this err...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application i
Hi Friends  i host the applicatin on server.I got the  error as Virtual  Directory not cofigured.I am using .net frame work 2.0 and i create the virtual directory in application Server. I am using Form authentication for application. I checked  virtual directory is created successfully. I need help to set any other properties virtual directory properites.  Do you have a sub web.config files ? i mean config files other than the one in the main directory ? if so , please make sure to remove the <authentication> section from them. Regards,Anas G...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application i #2
Hi All,I built a website which works. I needed to be able to generate 2 versions of the same website so I built a tool that dynamicaly generates the DAL and BLL. It also copies various standard files from a template to the target source location. It also processes variouse source files to customise them based on certain settings. Anyway it all works. I can generate a version of the original site. However, my problem comes when I run the tool to generate my orginal site. I am unable to build it and I get the following error:"It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition=&...

Please HELP It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an ap
I have: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. I found: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/insider/iisi0204.mspx and http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/insider/iisi0103.mspx but still can not FIX it can someone give me link what to do 1 by 1 to fix it 10x valhttp://www.montrealads.cahttp://www.whoiswho.cahttp://www.bluelabs.ca Hi, 1. Open the IIS Control Pan...

...error to use a section registered as AllowDefinition='MachineToApplication'
It is an error to use a section registered as AllowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. The error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. Well I created a new web site application in VS2005 using the 'File System' option. The error message I get is when using the VS2005 IIS to test the page code. So I should not need to set up any IIS stuff when using the VS2005 debugger. I simply followed the steps in the microsoft tutorial: Working with Data in ASP.NET 2.0 :: Creating a Data Access Layerhttp://www.asp.net/learn/dataacces...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication'
I have uploaded my site. It is working fine on my local server on my PC. But when I upload on remote server I am shown following error. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application...

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' ...
Hello everyone,   I would like to publish my Personal starter kit  on a subdomain folder like: (www.mysite.com/clubsite/) rather than having all the files uploaded to the root directory. but it did not work I did try locally  to remove  all the files and folders  from the root to a sub directory folder but it did not work either : The error is:   It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an applicatio...

Web resources about - Error Message :It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' ........ - asp.net.installation-setup