error by IIS after create Virtual directory: HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

 I have error by IIS after create Virtual directory: HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

I see it after I call project name of virtual directory, like: http://localhost/myproject

I have vista and visual studio 2008.. any help?

Server Error in Application "Default Web Site"

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

Description: This application is running in an application pool that uses the Integrated ..NET mode. This is the preferred mode for running ASP.NET applications on the current and future version of IIS.

In this mode, the application should not specify ASP.NET handler mappings in the <system.web>/<httpHandlers> configuration section. Instead, it should use the <system.webServer>/<handlers> configuration section to configure ASP.NET handler mappings. You have the following options:

1) Migrate the application to work with the Integrated .NET mode (PREFERRED).

You can migrate the application configuration, including the contents of the <httpHandlers> configuration section, by using the following from a command line window (the window must be running as Administrator):

%systemroot%\system32\inetsrv\APPCMD.EXE migrate config "Default Web Site/"

After you migrate your application, it will run in both Classic and Integrated .NET modes, as well as on downlevel platforms.

2) Move this application to an application pool using the Classic .NET mode.

You can move the application to an application pool that uses the Classic ..NET mode by using the following from a command line window (the window must be running as Administrator):

%systemroot%\system32\inetsrv\APPCMD.EXE set app "Default Web Site/" /applicationPool:"Classic .NET AppPool"

Alternatively, you can use any other application pool on your system that is running in the Classic .NET mode. You can also use the IIS Administration tool to move this application to another application pool.

It is preferred that you migrate this application by using option 1 to take advantage of the benefits provided by the Integrated .NET mode.

Error Code: 0x80070032

Notification: BeginRequest

Module: ConfigurationValidationModule

Requested URL: http://localhost:80/myproject

Physical Path: D:\2\CustomerWebSiteMY

Logon User: Not yet determined

Logon Method: Not yet determined

Handler: StaticFile

Most likely causes:

  • IIS received the request; however, an internal error occurred during the processing of the request. The root cause of this error depends on which module handles the request and what was happening in the worker process when this error occurred.
  • IIS was not able to access the web.config file for the Web site or application. This can occur if the NTFS permissions are set incorrectly.
  • IIS was not able to process configuration for the Web site or application.
  • The authenticated user does not have permission to use this DLL.
  • The request is mapped to a managed handler but the .NET Extensibility Feature is not installed.

What you can try:

  • Ensure that the NTFS permissions for the web.config file are correct and allow access to the Web server's machine account.
  • Check the event logs to see if any additional information was logged.
  • Verify the permissions for the DLL.
  • Install the .NET Extensibility feature if the request is mapped to a managed handler.
  • Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

More Information... This error means that there was a problem while processing the request. The request was received by the Web server, but during processing a fatal error occurred, causing the 500 error.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles:

  • 294807

Server Version Information: Internet Information Services 7.0.

My Favorite Windows Hosting: Low cost - All from .NET Unlimited Included - Latest Software - Fast Support http://www.maxipointservers.net
0
gp3333

Try to create a new Application pool in the IIS-Admin tool and use the Classic .Net mode and move your virtual directory to that application pool. You can check out this article for more info:

http://www.iis.net/articles/view.aspx/IIS7/Hosting-Web-Applications/ASP-NET/ASP-NET-Integration-with-IIS7

Best Regards
Johan Lundqvist

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This will help readers to know which post solved your issue and make their search easy
0
valuja
1/29/2008 7:51:50 AM

how exactly use Classic .Net mode?

I must in web.config add only this and that's it?

<modules>

     <add name="FormsAuthentication" type="System.Web.Security.FormsAuthenticationModule"

             preCondition="managedHandler" />

     <add name="UrlAuthorization" type="System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule"

             preCondition="managedHandler" />

</modules>

My Favorite Windows Hosting: Low cost - All from .NET Unlimited Included - Latest Software - Fast Support http://www.maxipointservers.net
0
gp3333

To be able to use the Classic mode you have to create a new application pool in your IIS and then assign the application to that application pool.

Best Regards
Johan Lundqvist

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. This will help readers to know which post solved your issue and make their search easy
0
valuja
1/29/2008 3:44:11 PM

All your answers are over at www.iis.net.

Jeff

jeff

error error error

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

Server error and error 500
Recently i remember i did change the port in iManager, but i still able to open it. But until today when i try to access it with https://ipaddress:8008/nps/imanager.html it gives me the following message.Pls help. Thanks "Server error, the server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or was an error in executing CGI script. 0.0.0.0 Error 500 ." below is the apache webserver name. Regards Daniel Just for update, below is my logger screen error. When i unload nldap and reload nldap, it was ok. Port 636...

Server Error! Error 500
Running NW6.5 with GW 6.5 sp3. Gwinter.nlm had an abend so we rebooted the server. Now when we access Web Access from either internally or externally we get the language page but after clicking go we get a "Server Error! error 500, Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.". The Webaccess screen shows no threads or requests. It is like apache and web access have no connection between the two. I checked setting in console one and everything looked fine. Again nothing changed just a reboot from a abend. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

server error! error 500
I have a NetWare 6.5 sp5 server running apache web server for internal services like iprint etc. http://server1.hps.k12.ok.us was working for a long time but, now I will get: Server error! The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script. If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster. Error 500 server1.hps.k12.ok.us Thursday, November 16, 2006 11:23:01 Apache/2.0.52 (NETWARE) mod_jk/1.2.6a If we use http://server1 or the ip addres...

Server error NET 2.0 : parser error
hi,I am getting the following server error in the browser when running c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mukera2\default.aspx :------------------Server Error in '/mukera2' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Alex.Global'.Source Error: Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" In...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

401.1 Error / Server Execution Failed errors in IIS after re-installing windows 2003 server
Hiya All! My company began using windows 2003 enterprise server about 5 months ago with an evaluation copy. It worked fine... However, we have just purchased the full version and after installing it, I am getting a 401.1 error on our sites (all of them) and when I attempt to open the "properties | home directory" window, I get a popup after about a 3-5 minute lock that says "Server Execution Failed". Any idea how I can fix this quickly? Thanks! Dave Larson Look for Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 247593 http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

Start up error: HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
I recieved the following error when trying to create a program'The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or the open the Web project located at the following URL: http://localhost/asptest 'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'here are the event viewer errors:Event Type: ErrorEvent Source: DCOMEvent Category: NoneEvent ID: 10004Date:  10/27/2008Time:  2:05:36 PMUser:  N/AComputer: LNOxxxxCFD2YDescription:DCOM got error "Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

Got an Error HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
Hi is there anybody can help me with my problem in asp.net... coz everytime i open .net and create new asp files i got an error of "The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: 'http://pc03/localhost/MyWeb/Application'.'HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'. thanks... pilots Have you turned off Friendly Errors in Tools | Internet Options | Advanced. Usually this is the problem. Corey...

GoDaddy Login control Error, Server Error in '/' Application. error: 26
Hi,  I have developed a website in asp.net and published the webpages and database to the remote server as per the instructions of godaddy help site article. I have also updated the connection string in web config file so that it points to the database on remote server. Site was working fine when I tested on my local site. connection string also works fine on remote server, which is proved by the grid view information displayed on the home page, however when I go to the Login Page and try to login I get the below error message and the same error message when I try to create a new user ...

HTTP Error 400: Server Error
Just a quick note guys, I've had the consolidated system working for 2/3 weeks, and I upgraded to a certificate from thawte. After I upgraded the MPSSampleCP wouldn't work - If I typed in the correct user / password combination then it'd come back with the server error. To fix I rebooted - then uninstalled and re-installed the mpssamplecp app, and it works fine now. I think the error was to do with the viewstate function of asp.net, but can't be sure. Might save someone a bit of time troubleshooting that's all. thanks, p0sh.  ...

First Build Error: Server Error: Parse Error
I'm new to DotNetNuke and trying to get my first DotNetNuke Site up and running.  I downloaded 3.1.1 and got it installed and working - was able to use the site and make portals and modifications.  I then went and opened the source code as I wanted to try and create a new module.  I had a couple reference errors (CountryListBox, DotNetNuke.WebControls, DotNetNuke.WebUtility) that I cleared up by removing and re-adding them (based on another forum message).  Now the code builds correctly (still no modifications by me, I have not changed anything at this point), but when I ...

iManager error with Error: NMAS LDAP Transport Error javax.naming.CommunicationException: [LDAP: error code 2
I have a problem exactly as related in tid (3947462), but the fix that I tried as posted in the TID did not do anything to rectify the problem. My server shows only 6 nmasldap before and after performing nmasinstall. This is a netware 6.5 server with service pack 5. No additional configuration changes or service packs were installed on the server since the last time this part of the functionality worked. The document says that there are 2 possible causes. The second cause, I don't beleive applies as there is only 1 netware server. I ran both the nmasinstall command on a wi...

Error: 11058
Hi NG, does anybody know, what these errors mean? My Software tries to create files like "Del4.MB" and "Del4.DB" all of them have a size of 4k. The error occurs if i try to update a recordset in our delphi-application via Terminal-Server-Access. kind rgds. Torsten -- Mit freundlichen Gr��en Torsten Schmidt Datenbank- und Netzwerkadministration GO! General Overnight Service (Deutschland) GmbH Am Hofgarten 20 D-53113 Bonn Fon +49 (0) 228 24393-42 Fax +49 (0) 228 24393-19 torsten.schmidt@general-overnight.de www.general-overnight.de Not sure, but...

Http error 500 and error handling problem
Hi all,I have a website with an error.aspx page that handles error customization in different languages. I also have the following in my web.config:        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="/Public/Error.aspx">            <error statusCode="401" redirect="/Public/Error.aspx?http=401" />            <error statusCode="403" redirect="/Public/Error.aspx?http=403" /...

Error Runtime Error in atlas with directory virtual
Good day: As I can solve the following problem that I have with the virtual directories:   Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the ro...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0
A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 0 - An unexpected network error occurred.)   if my application background thread is running the above error shown . how can remove it?    Hi,priyanka Try These Links http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=338537&SiteID=1 http://www.scribd.com/doc/230645/Question-Book         PLZ MARK AS ANSWER IF IT HELP U. THANKS. RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Su...

IIS 500 Server Error: Directory Not Found
Has anyone encountered an IIS '500' Server Error( Directory Not Found)? I am trying to deploy my WebPB application on our production server. The server is a Windows NT 3.0 system, running IIS 3.0. We have a Clarify Web Server and the PB Web Server running simultaneously. The error occurs when trying to access the Web PB site. When I hit refresh one to many times, the page I am trying to access eventually comes up. Any Ideas?? Thanks. ...

HTTP 1.0 500 server error
Hi guys I have installed iis and vb.net on my home computer. and i'm trying to make a web applaction but Visual Studio wont let me. I keep on getting this error message. "The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the web project located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/webtest'. HTTP/1.0 500 Server Error. I have tomcat also installed on my computer could that be one of the problems. Can somebody please help me. Cylus Hi, did you first install IIS and after that the .NET framework or in the reverse order? In the former case you can try...

Web resources about - error by IIS after create Virtual directory: HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error - asp.net.installation-setup