deploying web matrix web pages to host web server

Hi:
I'm new to this forum and also in developing asp .net web pages.  I created web pages using Web Matrix v0.6.812.0 (connecting to an Access backend in the same folder as the web pages). Now I need to upload it to my company's web server (Windows 2000 with IIS and .Net Framework 1.1) so the customer can see them.  My administrator created a virtual site for me on the company's web server and I copied the .aspx, .ascx, .css, .mdb and web.config files to the directory for my virtual site.   When I try to access my default.aspx file on the web server through Internet Explorer 6, I get a display of the page's source code.

How do I deploy my web matrix files to my company's web server?  I went through the posts on this forum and found one post where it said I may need to also copy the Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.dll file to the bin folder of the web server.  Do I copy this dll to a bin folder under my directory or on the root web folder of the server?  Are there any other files I need to copy to make these web matrix pages work?  These web pages work without any problems when I run them through the web matrix server (localhost:8080) on my workstation.

These web pages are supposed to be the prototype web pages of a web application that my team will be developing using Visual Studio 2003.  We started developing in Web Matrix while waiting for our Visual Studio licenses. We were hoping that our web matrix pages would convert without too much re-work into Visual Studio.

Thanks for any help and insights you can give me.

0
mcocam

 mcocam wrote:
When I try to access my default.aspx file on the web server through Internet Explorer 6, I get a display of the page's source code.
If you see the source code, it means that ASP.NET has not been registered with IIS on the server. To fix this, direct your server's administrator to the following thread that has instructions on how to register ASP.NET with IIS: http://forums.asp.net/576170/ShowPost.aspx

Alister
0
SomeNewKid
11/18/2005 12:19:24 AM
Thank you.  My admin thougth the .NET Framework was installed on our test server but it wasn't.  After they installed it, everything worked.
0
mcocam

web web web

Deploying to Web Host with Web Matrix
I have one simple asp.net page created using Web Matrix that I am trying to run on my web host but I am getting a runtime error. The error is: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag wit...

after installing web matrix VB.NET web page don't work
I just started with ASP.NET in VB.NET. I had developed a simple web page and it worked fine. Then I installed web matrix and started playing with it. When I go back to VB and try to run the program (that worked before) I get an error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. Could not start ASP.NET or ATL server debugging." How do I get VB.NET to working again? I'm not sure why your existing Web application don't work after the installation of Web Matrix, as they can live without conflict in fact, did you try to look for an answer from the support.microsoft.com about the ...

How to deploy Web Matrix project to a web host?
I have FTP'ed the aspx files and web.config file of a project to a directory on my web host (and yes, my webhost claims to be .NET-enabled), but when I point my browser to those files, all I get is an error: "Server Error in / Application". In fact, the error message further instructs me to change a line in my web.config ("customErrors mode='off'") that I have already changed!! I developed the files in Web Matrix, not VS.Net. The app runs just fine on my local testing server. I have read all the deployment scenarios and instructions for VS.Net but none of them seem to...

How to deploy a modified web page in to the web server
Hello I have used aspnet_compiler to pre-compile my web application, and then uploaded the whole set of files to the webserver. Everything is fine, now i made a little change in one of the files. How can i deploy the modified file, with out recompiling and deploying the whole set of files again. Can i precompile and upload that changed file alone? Please advice Srini 1) You have to recompile.  No option here. 2) If you do not want to deploy all the files, I think you can just upload the changed ASPX file and the dll in the bin.]BruceDiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web...

All web pages hang on web server when one of the web pages calls a run away sql query
Hi: We have a Windows 2003 dedicated web server running the .NET Frameworks 1.0 and 2.0.  We have a SQL Server cluster running SQL Server 2000.  Unfortunately, we do not have a test environment.  I have 2 .NET web sites in production.  My coworker has a voting .NET web page using AJAX on the same server.  The coworker wrote a query that was not indexing properly and when the page fired the query...the cluster went to almost 100% utilization.  My two web pages would hang and show a blank white page on the default.aspx.  Neither of m...

Web hosting web matrix
Hello, I have a site made in web matrix with Access database . I want to put iti to work (it sells stuff). Is it legal and free to put it on a server and use it on this purpose? Ps: Do you recomend me to choose a web hosting company from my country ? Thanks!!! It's legal, and you should use a host that supports the functions you need.  That may or may not be in your country. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Don't depend on the location choose the host t...

Web Matrix Web Server
Im having problems with using web matrix... Im using Microsoft Access as my database for my asp.net project... going over the tutorials, "ASP.NET Pages with Data (Microsoft Access) - Using the generated Data Methods", the example works fine when Im using the Web Matrix Server, however, there are errors when Im using IIS 6.0... is this because of the security settings? can anyone help me pinpoint which security setting is preventing this from working? tnx tnx tnx!!! Are you getting an error message when attempting to run this? Does your database live in the same virtual folder...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

VS.NET cannot detect Web Matrix web server
I'm running VS.NET 2003 on XP Home, so I have Web Matrix installed as a web server (I don't have IIS).I wanted to create my first web application with VS.NET, but when I select New Project -> asp.net web application I get the following message:VS.NET cannot detect a web server running asp.net 1.1... etc.I have the NET framework installed (SDK). Also I notice that I do not have a web server icon in my system tray. Do I have to do something to configure or enable Web Matrix web server (I only installed it).Many thanksChris Hey,VS.NET 2003 requires IIS; Web Matrix local web serve...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!
Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!  I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0; How? run the below command on Command Prompt. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i Hope it will work. Regards,  Ather Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi,...

Need helps on deploying a web services or web app to an existing web server
Hi people, I am going to deploy a new web service and a new web application to an existing web server, which is also hosting several other web apps. I am told that the IIS CAN NOT BE STOPPED, which means I can not build a MSIs to install them. Looks like only two options I can use: 1) XCOPY 2) Publish the web service or web app through the VS 2008. Can anyone please give me some advices what is the best way to have a deployment without any interruptings and less problems. Thank you.    use FTP to copy files from your system to web hoster system. you ca...

Web setup project to deploy a Web application to a target server
I am working on Visual Studio 2005 web setup..I need to customize installation address, scenario is as follows:  I have web setup (.msi) on my machine..while installing the website, the setup is capturing current machine websites to install the website. I want to install the website on different server...I must be able give the IP address of my target server and expecting the websetup to install the website on target server. Only websetup .msi is available on my current machine, i also have the access to target machine. Is there any way that would do my requirement? Copy pr...

Web resources about - deploying web matrix web pages to host web server - asp.net.installation-setup

Buzz Aldrin deploying the Solar Wind Collector - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Buzz Aldrin is deploying the Solar Wind Collector (SWC), a foil sheet which he is pointing at the Sun. Note the word 'Shade' printed on the bottom ...

Quick guide - Deploying Windows 10 IoT Preview to Raspberry Pi 2 - YouTube
Detailed description: Quick walkthrough on how to deploy and configure Windows 10 Internet of Things (IoT) Preview for a Raspberry Pi 2 device. ...

NATO 'totally' denies deploying troops near Russian border of Ukraine
NATO has denied Russian claims that it was planning to deploy massive numbers of troops near the country's border.

Tony Abbott Has Just Paid His First Visit To Iraq Since Deploying Troops To Fight Islamic State
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has paid his first visit to Baghdad and Iraq.

AusCERT 2013: Deploying BYOD in a government environment
Strong executive desire to use iPhones led the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities to start looking ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

Other nations to follow Australia's success in deploying troops to Iraq
Britain, Canada and the Netherlands are using Australia's process for getting troops into Iraq as a template to authorise their own deployments. ...

Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ...
ABC Online Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ... ABC Online Prime Minister Tony Abbott has ...

ISIS mission: Canada mulls deploying CF-18 jets to join U.S.-led strikes
The federal cabinet will meet next week to discuss deploying Canada's CF-18 fighter jets to join a U.S.-led campaign against the Islamic State ...