Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128

I recently installed the .net framework 1.1 to one of my IIS servers.  I have been running the .net and some of the starter kits on my dev box and it works just great.  In addition to trying the time tracking starter kit (which also works great on my dev box), I have tried a very simple test.aspx page.

I would appreciate any help or direction on what to do about this. I am new to .net and not even sure what to try to resolve this problem
Thanks in advance.
-Bob

Server Error in '/TTWebVBVS' Application.
Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.
Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128.

Show Detailed Compiler Output:

C:\WINNT\system32> "c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc.exe" /t:library /utf8output /R:"c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary asp.net files\ttwebvbvs\7f13eef3\a62ad3fc\assembly\dl2\55b895bf\00b0dbe7_3325c301\ttwebvbvs.dll" /R:"c:\winnt\assembly\gac\system.web\1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\system.web.dll" /R:"c:\winnt\assembly\gac\system\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.dll" /R:"c:\winnt\assembly\gac\system.web.services\1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\system.web.services.dll" /R:"c:\winnt\assembly\gac\system.xml\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.xml.dll" /R:"c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\mscorlib.dll" /R:"c:\winnt\assembly\gac\system.enterpriseservices\1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\system.enterpriseservices.dll" /R:"c:\winnt\assembly\gac\system.data\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.data.dll" /R:"c:\winnt\assembly\gac\system.web.mobile\1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\system.web.mobile.dll" /R:"c:\winnt\assembly\gac\system.drawing\1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\system.drawing.dll" /out:"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ttwebvbvs\7f13eef3\a62ad3fc\s_74vc5o.dll" /D:DEBUG /debug+ /optimize- /warnaserror /w:1 "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ttwebvbvs\7f13eef3\a62ad3fc\s_74vc5o.0.cs"

Show Complete Compilation Source:

Line 1: //------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Line 2: // <autogenerated>
Line 3: // This code was generated by a tool.
Line 4: // Runtime Version: 1.1.4322.573
Line 5: //
Line 6: // Changes to this file may cause incorrect behavior and will be lost if
Line 7: // the code is regenerated.
Line 8: // </autogenerated>
Line 9: //------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Line 10:
Line 11: namespace ASP {
Line 12: using System;
Line 13: using System.Collections;
Line 14: using System.Collections.Specialized;
Line 15: using System.Configuration;
Line 16: using System.Text;
Line 17: using System.Text.RegularExpressions;
Line 18: using System.Web;
Line 19: using System.Web.Caching;
Line 20: using System.Web.SessionState;
Line 21: using System.Web.Security;
Line 22: using System.Web.UI;
Line 23: using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
Line 24: using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
Line 25:
Line 26:
Line 27: [System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScopeAttribute()]
Line 28: public class Global_asax : ASPNET.StarterKit.TimeTracker.Web.Global {
Line 29:
Line 30: private static bool __initialized = false;
Line 31:
Line 32: public Global_asax() {
Line 33: if ((ASP.Global_asax.__initialized == false)) {
Line 34: ASP.Global_asax.__initialized = true;
Line 35: }
Line 36: }
Line 37: }
Line 38: }
Line 39:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
2
boband

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I'm having the very same problem.  I see no one ever replied to your post.....Moderators - any idea what is causing this?

Thanks,
Jeannie
0
JPeepers
12/2/2003 7:11:25 PM
What does the Event log show??

Have you uninstalled anything??

Sushila Bowalekar Patel
Visual ASP/ASP.NET MVP
http://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb
0
SushilaSB
12/2/2003 7:44:27 PM
hi boband,

i have the same problem, any body know how to solve it.
thenks ori
0
oris
12/6/2003 5:45:16 PM
My isp ran the the aspnet_regiis.exe and it solved my problem.

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
~JPeepers
0
JPeepers
12/6/2003 9:04:33 PM
what do you meen

can you be more spesipic.
can you tall me exacly what to do
thenks, ori
0
oris
12/6/2003 9:18:44 PM
You have to find your aspregiss.exe - with complete path and run from the cmd prompt with parameter -i at the end.

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
~JPeepers
0
JPeepers
12/6/2003 10:37:12 PM
thenks i manage,

i would like to add here to for athers that will come :
when you run cmd and you want to enter into [winnt] you need to tape - cd (add space and then) winnt.
ori
0
oris
12/7/2003 8:49:43 AM
hi,

if i get an erorr that say "cannot find server"
and i made all right definistion , what can be the problem?
thenks ori
0
oris
12/9/2003 10:07:41 AM
It maybe late, better late than never

I found out the hardway, with the help of my colleagues, that when u use aspnet_regiis -i, then ASP.NET Web Service Extension is somehow Prohibited. Just follow the steps below to turn on this extension in IIS will do.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817267
Cheers!
0
firefox2004
9/10/2004 1:43:08 PM

I was experiencing the same issue on  .net 2.0 website, on one page.

 I fixed this by killing off the worker process (asp_wp.exe), then deleting the website directory from the .net temp files (C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files) and then doing an iisreset.

0
simmo1210
4/26/2007 8:48:01 AM

By the way this is not TimeTracker Starter Kit forum

You can specify it here

http://forums.asp.net/1005/ShowForum.aspx

By the way I installed it on my m/c working greatly..Smile

Chetan Sarode
Software Engineer,
Approva Systems Pvt Ltd,
Pune, India.
0
chetan
5/2/2007 6:15:30 AM

I have this problem also.  I have tried all of the suggestions below and the error remains.  Any other suggestions!?

0
xanthein
3/17/2008 2:32:28 PM

"I was experiencing the same issue on  .net 2.0 website, on one page.

 I fixed this by killing off the worker process (asp_wp.exe), then deleting the website directory from the .net temp files (C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files) and then doing an iisreset."

 This worked for me as well.  What is wrong do you think?

0
Kanien
5/7/2008 9:32:52 PM
I fixed the Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128  and worked for me.

1 - I reinstalled Framework v2.0.

2 - I removed the application folder from: <C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files>

3 - On IIS I removed the Virtual directory of the application and created new one.

4 - I published web site and test.

5 - If the problem continues:
     Go to <C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0> on your server or where the Framework is instaled and run the file install.exe then select Repair. It will repair Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.

 Good luck.

Thanks,
Fadao

Felix (Fadao)
Angola
0
Fadao1

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128.
 I have deployed my website to a server hosted by a hosting company. (WebHost4life). I keep getting an error message when I try to access the web application via the assigned URL. Does anyone know what the problem is? Why am I getting this error message and how do I fix it? Server Error in '/' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code -1073741502
Hi all, I am posting this just in case this information is useful for other people. I have an ASP.Net page created with VS2005 worked perfectly when running in release mode, but it consistently gave me the following error when running in debug mode within VS2005: Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code -1073741502  The problem was solved after restarting VS.Hong Hi, I appreciate that you share your experience here. Thanks, ThomasThomas SunMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click...

Getting compilation error "The compiler failed with error code 128"
Hi All - I am getting a compilation error when I contact AXMS page , below is the error which i got . Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128. when i retstart the system its working fine , but its happening now and then so could not able to predict whats going on .  kindly guide me to eluminate this problem .  Thanks, Jeyaprakash. Tr...

external component has thrown an exception" Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 1.
I seriously frustrated i am struggling to resolve this problem. I not sure what the problem is at all. Can someone please help. I keep getting the following "external component has thrown an exception" Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 1. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE> "c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe" /t:library /utf8output /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll" /R:"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code1.
 Hi all, I just installed the software which was fine and no errors... when i went to run it first time at local host it came up with the following error... anyone know what this means?? I have created different ASP.NET projects and it runs no problem... Regards Sicose Server Error in '/PortalVBSDK' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed...

No errors before compile, errors after compile
I haven't seen anyone mention this problem so I'm hoping that it's something simple. When I compile my 6.5 ent app to exe & pbds I get errors that do not exist before the compile, and if I take a pbl (often not even the pbl with the offending code) and move it into the exe sometimes the errors go away. I have optimized and done a full rebuild. This obviously makes no sense I hope someone else has experienced this. The errors are usually null objects. My system is win95 with 128mb ram. Thanks in advance. Shawn Davis Shawn, One of the best things to do i...

The compiler failed with error code 128
I'm having trouble. I had .text working at one point on a remote server and have it working on my test server at home. Now I'm getting the above error on the remote server. The blog is hosted on the root and it's a single blog. Show Complete Compilation Source: Line 1: //------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Line 2: // <autogenerated> Line 3: // This code was generated by a tool. Line 4: // Runtime Version: 1.1.4322.573 Line 5: // Line 6: // Changes to this file may cause incorrect beha...

Compiler failed with error code 128
I would like to know i get this error on a live server. Has anyone got this before. It also shows a path to the vbc compiler. Iam using v1.1.4322. So any inputs will be helpful.Thank You,Jai.you are not that powerful anniken. Well I should be someday I will be the most powerful Jedi in the world. What is the error message ?Hope That HelpsAll that wander, are not lost...What were we talkin bout...

The compiler failed with error code 128
I have a C#.NET application running perfectly on my notebook but when I copy it up to our development server I get the above error message. The Compiler Output has "C:\Program Files\SAP\ITS\6.20\WGATE\traces> ... SAP\ITS is an ISAPI Filter that runs to provide Web access to SAP. My application not using SAP for anything. We found one Weblog that mentioned a rogue ISAPI filter and moving it's priority below ASP.NET fixed their problem. We tried moving the ITS ISAPI filter below ASP.NET, rebooted the machine and it worked. We don't know if the reboot fixed it or the moving of th...

The compiler failed with error code 128. help!!!
when i run an application on win 2000, iis 5, i get this error. i have searched the entire Internet but got nothing, thanks for any suggestion. Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128. Show Detailed Compiler Output:...

"Compiler failed with error code 128"
Hello: bear with me as this may get a bit long.  We have a small ASP.NET website hosted by StartLogic.  Nothing fancy - mostly just some server controls and forms doing database retrieval/display.  Everything has been going along swimmingly until about three weeks ago.  When making a trivial change to an ASPX file (eg., updating an existing hyperlink to point somewhere else, or even just changing some HTML text) and uploading the file to the live site, the page returns the "Compiler Failed with error code 128" message.  Note that after some experimentation,...

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'SessionTracker' is not defined.
Hello, I created a class for my application that is store in the app_code folder and referenced the class somewhere in my code. but for some reason when I try to run my page, I get a compilation error and would appreciate any help I can get to fix this error please.     Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'SessionTracker' is not defined. Source Error: Lin...

"Compilation Error Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type "'ws.Email' is not defined." after webservice request.
Hi,  I created a Webservice, which sends emails of a filled form. Offline I have no problems to get it to work, but when I put my website online I get "Compilation Error Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type "'ws.Email'  is not defined." It seems it can't find the webservice anymore, although I added the webreference (which worked fine) before I put the website online (with dir App_WebReferences -> ws -> Email.wsdl,...)  This is the code which requests the webrequest:Dim SendEmail As New ws.Email() SendEmail.Send_Mail(code, 2, TextB...

error compiling the code on 2005: Error 289
Hi i regularly get this error. And ill compile one more time it will go away. But the compile time takes long time. I have a lot of pages and every simple change it takes me upto 2 mins compile time. any ideas with error and compile time. Thnaks Error 289 Unable to open resource file 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\wincite2\4a5437a2\53dcc22e\ssr8lshh.res': The system cannot find the file specified.  vbc :  ...

Web resources about - Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128 - asp.net.installation-setup

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , or external linking . The most common reason for wanting to transform source code is to create an executable program. The name "compiler" ...

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Compile" and "compiling" redirect here. For the software company, see Compile (publisher) . For other uses, see Compilation . This article has ...

Facebook Open-Sources HipHop PHP Compiler Software
Earlier this morning, Facebook officially made their new PHP “compiler,” called HipHop, available as open source software. In the blog post by ...

Art in the Age of Matter Compilers
jurvetson posted a photo: Sheba may be the harbinger of art in the digital age — a mathematical sculptor with digital matter. She manipulates ...

Interpreters and Compilers (Bits and Bytes, Episode 6) - YouTube
This animation explains the difference between interpreters and compilers. It is from Episode 6 of the classic 1983 television series, Bits and ...

Typesafe cofounder forking Scala compiler
The main contributor to the Scala compiler, Paul Phillips, has announced on GitHub that he is forking the compiler to “fix some of the innumerable ...

Does Apple's new developer agreement ban Adobe's Flash-to-iPhone compiler?
Given that any kind of formal truce between Apple and Adobe was essentially blown out of the water by Steve Job's very public slating of Flash ...

Apple seeds devs with Safari 5.2 for Lion, Xcode 4.4 with new LLVM compiler
... to the general public this summer. Among the new features: According to Apple, Xcode 4.4 includes an editor for Collada 3D files, compiler support ...

NVIDIA and Continuum Analytics Announce NumbaPro, A Python CUDA Compiler
... are announcing that they are bringing Python support to CUDA. Specifically, Continuum Analytics’ will be introducing a new Python CUDA compiler, ...

IntelliJ Releases IDEA 12, Brings Improved UI, New Compiler Mode, Android UI Designer, And More
I'm not going to pretend to be a developer here, and I'll openly admit that the bulk of what IDEA 12 does is over my head. However, I do understand ...