Any idea why .NET 2.0 service pack 1 give me "The server tag is not well formed. " error?

I just installed .NET 2.0 SP1, those forms worked before now give me "The server tag is not well formed. " error. any idea?

0
wyx2000

Can you post a specific line where this is happening?  I often get this when there is not a space between attributes on a control like  <asp:Textbox runat="server"id="Textbox1" />

Community Coder
0
jamesqua
12/16/2007 6:52:46 AM

Yes! you got it quickly. I found it is the xml transform. I create some code dynamically with xml transform, I used &#32; to make sure there is a space between attributes, it seems &#32; doesn't work under .NET 2.0 SP1. So I changed &#32; to &#160;, and that works. I am not quite sure their difference, I remember &#160; didn't work well under some situation.

0
wyx2000

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

"Server Error in '/' Application" in .net 2.0
I have a working application which suddenly stopped working with the message: "Server Error in '/' Application. The resource cannot be found" I use asp.net 2.0 and work with a file-system web (no IIS for now). My office runs the security updates on the network from time to time, and my guess is: this is the culprit. The app still works on my laptop. I did run aspnet_regiis. Just in case, although I did not expect it to help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. More detail about the error message, please. When it says "Resource cannot be found" is it talking about your defaul...

"Error loading XML file :\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705"...does this mean v.1.1 code trying to run in a v.1.0 app?
I uploaded some new files into my existing third-party hosted site, including a .DLL into \BIN\, which is running AS.NET v.1.0. I got the following error message when browsing to one of the pages using the code in the namespace defined in the DLL: Error loading XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. (c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config) ...

.NET 1.1 to 2.0 "remember me" checkbox no longer works
I have a site I recently updated to ASP.NET 2.0 from 1.1 and everything works fine (with minimal fiddling) except the remember me check box on the log in page.  I use custom forms authentication.  Web.config defines the timeout as 60 minutes: <forms name="NIDB1AuthCookie" protection="All" timeout="1" loginUrl="Login.aspx" cookieless="UseCookies" />And in the login.aspx.cs file I have it check the checkbox to see if its checked and then manually set the cookie to expire in 30 days.  if (cbRememberMe.Checked){ //Set cookie to expire in 30 days if user checks the remem...

Update Panel throws "Server cannot modify cookies after HTTP headers have been sent." error in new Ajax .NET 1.0 release
In latest release of Ajax .NET (1.0), after any post back event (e.g. LinkButton On Click, DropDownList change with AutoPostBack enabled, etc.) an error throw and caught in the Application_Error() method of Global.asax. This did not occur in ANY of the previous CTP or RC releases of Atlas/Ajax .NET libraries. Does anyone what is going on and why the new release would throw this error ?   Error message below:Inner Exception    ---------------    Type : System.Web.HttpException, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3...

Error"Server tags not well formed"
 Hi i am getting the following error "Server tags not well formed" when i click on my button, is there anything i am doing wrong? <asp:button id="btnModify" runat="server" onClientClick="javascript:open_a_popup('sow_notes.aspx?WorkSchedule_ID=<%= intWorkSchedule_ID %>&survey_id=<%= Request.QueryString["survey_id"] %>&sow_type_id=<%= Request.QueryString["sow_type_id"] %>&surveytype_id=<%= Request.QueryString["surveytype_id"] %>&property_id=<%= Request.QueryString["...

Error: "Server tag not well formed"?
Hi there,  I'm in the early stages of creating a login page for a website, but everytime I want to build the website I get the same error: "Server tag not well formed." I have no idea what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.<asp:Content ID="LoginPlaceHolder" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder" runat="server"> <div id="LoginPage"> <h2 class="none"> <span style="font-family: Showcard Gothic; text-decoration: underline">User Login...

error "Failed to get datetime data" using dw.net 1.0.1
Hello, My situation: I have a vs2005 project with dw.net version 1.0.1 (build 5502), database is asa10. When my regional settings are Dutch(Belgium) I have no problems at all. When the settings are Italian(Italy) I get a "Failed to get datetime" error when I retrieve when my data contains dates. When the date fields are not filled in then I do not get the error. A date of '2008-1-1 08:00:00' also gives errors. When I try to retrieve the same data in the datawindow painter I also get no error. Can anyone help me? Greetings, Mich=E8le DW.net 2.5 is now th...

ZCM server 10.2.0 -> 10.2.1 "unknown error"
I have a single ZCM server (Win 2003). 10.2.1 is not applying on the server itself. Its agent is updated but not the server. I have found some errors in zmd-messages.log (see below), which seems to be the problem but I am not sure what to do to make the <Content ID> accessible. Under D:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\work\content-repo\system-update there are a series of directories and one with the name of 45dcabc794d4cc7200485dd6f0ff088b contains msi and rpms etc which seem to be the code for 10.2.1. I can't find a directory called 40cf51abd20f5b769574f73ca151aae4, ...

Web resources about - Any idea why .NET 2.0 service pack 1 give me "The server tag is not well formed. " error? - asp.net.installation-setup