"The Specified Web Server Is Not Running ASP.NET Version 1.1" Error Message When You Create ASP.NET 1.1 Application

I got this error when Create ASP.NET 1.1 Application in Visual Studio .NET 2003.

"The Specified Web Server Is Not Running ASP.NET Version 1.1"
I read http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B817267 .
But, I don't see that I have Web Service Extension in my IIS. Please help. Thanks.
0
ewang1205
7/23/2004 6:56:54 PM
asp.net.installation-setup 5668 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to register the aspnet account with the IIS. To do this, type the following from your command prompt.
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
This should solve your problem.
Thanks.
regards,
Harish

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh
0
ranganh

Can anyone tell me the diff between .net framework versions "1.1.4322.573" and "1.1.4322.903"
Production environment is running 1.1.4322.573 Pre Production environments are running 1.1.4322.903 We are seeing some javascript errors that are only happening in our production environment. All of our pre production environments for testing, development and what not seem to be running fine. We get the generic client side error that says which line, which char number and the brief description. The actuall error states "Expected ';' " . Here is the line of code that it's complaining about. "theform = document._ctl6:Form1;" This is microsoft ge...

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

Error message: Web server not running APS.NET version 1.1
I have IIS 5 and VisualStudio.NET installed on a local PC. If I disconnect the PC from the office network I am able to successfully open an existing ASP.NET application in VS.NET. If I connect the PC to the office network, I receive the following error message when I try to open my ASP.NET project in VS.NET: Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services. It's almost as if VS.NET is seeing a different web server (rather than my locally installed web server) while on the ...

"Error loading XML file :\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705"...does this mean v.1.1 code trying to run in a v.1.0 app?
I uploaded some new files into my existing third-party hosted site, including a .DLL into \BIN\, which is running AS.NET v.1.0. I got the following error message when browsing to one of the pages using the code in the namespace defined in the DLL: Error loading XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. (c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config) ...

.NET 1.1 version of "Previous Page?"
I have a web app built in ASP.NET 1.1 and C#.  I need to base some controls on a page on what page the user has navigated there from, e.g. a button's text and On_Click function will depend on how the user got to the page.  I know that in .NET 2.0 I could use an "if (Page.PreviousPage == "PageName.aspx") statement, but is there an equivalent in 1.1? No previous page on 1.1 as far as I know.CheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! Perhaps if I explain in more detail what I need to accomplish, you or someone else can ...

Method "UrlPathEncode" available in .NET 1.1 but VS.NET 2003 not seeing it
I'm trying to reference HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode(SomeStr) in my VB code but I get a build error saying "'UrlPathEncode' is not a member of 'System.Web.HttpUtility'."I've included "Imports System.Web.HttpUtility" at the codebehind page though it won't build. Appearently, when I use HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode(SomeStr) in a page with no codebehind page, it is interpreted fine. Is this because I am trying to build the code behind using VS.Net2003? Is there a way around this short of creating these pages with no code behind?King Hi Kelder, I think it should be ser...

Bits of a .NET 1 web app crash on a server running both .NET 1 and 2
We have a a win2003 server with running mostly .NET 2 web applications but one .NET 1 project. We quickly realised after initial upload of the .NET 1 application that the two versions of .NET would have to run in separate application pools. So I set one up called DOTNET1, assigned my app to it and everything seemed to run swimmingly.  Then yesterday a client rang up to say that a single page of the site wasn't working, although the rest seemed fine when I checked. Then today they rang up again and said a different page wasn't working. Both times it showed me an page sugges...

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

Installing .NET 2 causes 'server application anunavailable' on existing .NET 1.1 site
Hi!I have a computer running an ASP.NET 1.1 web site. After installing .net framework 2.0 on the same server I got a 'server application anunavailable' on the ASP1.1 web site. I set the Security settings to 'Everyone' and I temporarily solved the problem.What should I do?Dimitris PapadimitriouSoftware Development Professional If you are running on Windows 2003, they you need to make sure that your V1.1 and V2.0 applications are running in a separate application pool/process.  Otherwise, you will get a load error when the second CLR gets loaded into the same process. Try going into th...

Web resources about - "The Specified Web Server Is Not Running ASP.NET Version 1.1" Error Message When You Create ASP.NET 1.1 Application - asp.net.installation-setup

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...