"access to path"...."is denied"

I have a program that opens a csv file and copies all records to a database.  its working fine in development system but when i deploy this to the live system and if i try to copy a csv file on my machine i am getting an error "access to path"..<tempfile.txt> .."is denied.  I am creating a temporary file on the live server and then changing data and then copying records from the temp file to the live database

The problem is that the program cannot access the temp file.  Is there a way to change security access rights of the temp file programmatically so that i dont get this error when i run this program and try to copy records on the live system?  thanks.

0
MyronCope

Are you placing your file in a sub directory of your site?
Rgds,
Martin.

For the benefit of all users please mark any post answers as appropriate.
0
mokeefe

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"

"Me" is better than "You"

double quote

Replacing "\\" with "\"

replace the "." with a ","

"To" and "From" missing

errorContext description="Access is denied." code="0x80070005" executeSeqNo="0"
I am installing the Hosted Exchange Sample Web Service Client using - Volume 7: Deploying Hosted Exchange 2003, Book 6: Running Hosted Exchange Reference Architecture. At 7.6.7 To initialize the MPFClient configuration Registry key; I get the error message when clicking the "invoke" button: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <string xmlns="http://provisioning.microsoft.com/webservices"><response><errorContext description="Access is denied." code="0x80070005" executeSeqNo="0" />&...

Error found "Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. "
Hi guys! i'm trying to solve the error "Err Msg: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in ASP.NET app" but when i followed the instructions in the http://community.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011144.asp link, this error appeared ""Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Crystal Reports\Viewers" is denied. " What's going on? i already went to the iis to add new virtual directory (CrystalReportWebFormViewer) but different error appeared when i compile and browse my application. pls help ...

Web resources about - "access to path"...."is denied" - asp.net.installation-setup