check your VS.Net and Framework versions

VS.Net 2002 hard wired to Framework 1.0

VS.Net 2003 hard wired to Framework 1.1
VS.NET 2002 will not compile to 1.1, even if you've installed the 1.1 Framework redistributable. If you want to still use VS.NET 2002, do not uninstall Framework 1.0.
Extract from Versioning, Compatibility, and Side-by-Side Execution in the .NET Framework
"Neither tool provides the ability to target other versions. When a project created with Visual Studio .NET 2002 is opened in Visual Studio .NET 2003, the tool will offer to upgrade the project automatically to the .NET Framework version 1.1. If accepted, this procedure is irreversible, as the project may then be changed by the developer in a way that depends on functionality made available only in version 1.1. If the upgrade is refused,Visual Studio .NET 2003 will not open the project."

Compatibility Considerations and Version Changes
"The .NET Framework attempts to maintain backward and forward compatibility between versions. However, a change to the .NET Framework that improves security, correctness, or functionality might also raise compatibility issues."

ASP.NET Side-by-Side Execution of .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1
"Maintain your Web application’s mapping to .NET Framework version 1.0 during installation
Map a Web application to a specific version of the .NET Framework
Find the version of the .NET Framework that a Web site is using"

Thanx to sanathwic
for pointing out the issue
DNN skins Forum
Tressleworks modules
DNN & webhosting
IEWCtrls
0
Bill2clone
8/22/2003 7:55:53 AM
asp.net.ie-web-controls 2404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hey Tx Bill. Cost me 4 hours on a holiday to figure that VS.NET will not work properly with the 1.1 Framework ;-(
0
sanathwic
8/22/2003 8:42:18 AM
One questiong for ya.. if i have both 1.0 and 1.1 should i uninstall 1.1 then since i have vs.net 2002?????

Ali Syed

Web/Database Development intern

Appleton

Email: asyed@appletonideas.com

Web: http://www.alisyed.net
0
eagertolearn
8/22/2003 5:20:51 PM
You can keep 1.1, but 2002 will only access 1.0

Read above articles.
Say you want to compile Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll, just pay attention to the path to csc.exe in build.bat.
And you can still use WebMatrix with 1.1
DNN skins Forum
Tressleworks modules
DNN & webhosting
IEWCtrls
0
Bill2clone
8/23/2003 9:33:27 AM
A tool for swapping those programs back.

I had 2 machines, one with VS2003 and one with VS2002, so to facilitate moving web/windows programs between them, I found this handy tool:
http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx
I've used it to go from
VS 2003, 1.1
VS 2002, 1.0
And it worked seamlessly.
Dawn
0
djoyn

IE Web Controls compatible with .NET Framework higher than 1.x versions?
The IE web controls i downloaded from the website doesn't work with my .NET Framework which is higher than the 1.x. Is there any sites where i can download IE web controls compatible with my framework? My .net framework is v2.0...

when will microsoft release the tranditional-chinese version of .net framework, framework SDK and VS.NET 2005?
I am waiting for them so long time 我要的是繁體中文版 Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com any time-tables from Microsoft? Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com...

Which version of the .net framework works with VS.NET 2003
Can VS.NET 2003 run any version of the .net framework? I.E. - can this version run 2.0 of .net framework? Hi,VS2003 compiles for .NET Framework 1.1. Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU although vs2003 targets the 1.1 framework, in many cases, applications created with vs2003 will run on both the 1.1 and 2.0 framework.backwards compatibility was an important goal for MS when the 2.0 framework was being created.you would need to thoroughly test to be sure though.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/netfxcompat.asp?frame=true#"docum_topic3"...

IE Web Controls and the .NET Framework
Folks, I'm attempting to setup IE Web Controls on a production live server for one of my developers. I've downloaded the IE Web controls to my PC (running IIS and Visual Studio .NET) and got everything working with no problems. Now looking to get the controls running on the live web server. This server has the .NET Framework Redistributable v1.1. It does not return the treeview icons as expected, and as provided on my PC. Can anyone suggest what I need to do on the live server to get the IE Web Controls working...? I read somewhere that I may need the .NET Framework SDK, is this tr...

I cannot unistall .NET Framework VS .NET Professional trial version
I have Windows 2000 Professional and trial version VS .NET Professional. Now I want to install VS .NET Enterprise Architecture version. First I uninstall old version of VS.Then I try install prerequisites components .Setup report include failures for ..Net Framework. Then I try uninstall old version for .Net Framework using commands: Start->Control Panel->Add/Removes Programs. By performing this procedure my computer freeze and I cannot successfully finished. When I now try unistall .Net Framework using Start->Control Panel->Add/Removes I receive message:" Se...

VS.NET 2.0 and the IE Web Controls
Hi all,I recently started playing with the VS 2.0 beta. I found the treeview control, but one of my favorites, the tabstrip, seems to have morphed into something now called the menu control.Does anyone know which of the IE Controls will be available in 2.0, and if they are being substantially modified?Dave...

How can i build the project of IE WEB control with VS.NET?
not with build.bat. I want add the project to my solution,and build it ,make it bacome a part of my library. How I can? I want do this as you, but can't. If I find the answer, I will tell you!...

C#.NET in VS.NET vs. C# in Web Matrix
Hi all, I am very new to .NET ... I realized C#.NET is only available from Visual Studio.NET ... however, I realized Web Matrix also allowed us to choose C# as language but not C#.NET ... they are not the same, right? If not, then why it's in Web Matrix which runs ASP.NET?? If I need to run C#.Net, I MUST GET VS.NET, right? Can C#.NET has the abality to create chat program? Thank you very much. C#.NET and C# are the same thing. JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets So ... that means I can use web matrix t...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

can' t use IE Web Controls in VS.Net
I installed IE Web Controls and added these controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio .NET. The Internet Explorer WebControls Designers did appear in the Toolbox. But the color is gray and I can't use them to design. What's the problem? Please do not post messages twice. view post 372891DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

[help] is there a DateTimePicker Web Control for VS 2005 and .NET framework 2
I need a DateTimePicker web control that is compatible with VS8. Any one knows about this? I found such a control at codeproject, but it cannot give me a correct selection result in VS8...  http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/DateTimePicker.asp Hi, I saw in the samples from the new Atlas March CTP edition an example: http://atlas.asp.net/docs/util/srcview.aspx?path=~/Walkthroughs/Samples/datepicker.src Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. There are a multitude of datepickers available. Some people have...

can't use IE Web Controls in VS.Net
I installed IE Web Controls and added these controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio .NET . The Internet Explorer WebControls Designers did appear in the Toolbox. But the color was gray. And I can't use it to design. what's the problem? You use VS.Net 2002 or 2003? Have you seen error messages? What does the code look like?DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls I have solved the problem. I took system controls for IE Web Controls. thanks for your reply. Mandy, I have the same problem with my machine too. I use VS.NET 2003 and am able to see the IE Web...

convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003
hi how can i convert the web application from vs.net 2002 to vs.net 2003 and how i know that the application is made in vs.net 2002 and not in vs.net 2003 and thank for your time VS.NEt 2003 detects 2002 project format automatically when you try to open 2002 project with it. It also asks you if the project needs to be converted into 2003 format (if I remember right conversion must be done to use the project in 2003). If you say yes, it does the conversion and you don't have to do anything. Note that VS.NEt 2002 can't open 2003 projects.Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU thank you for your...

Web resources about - check your VS.Net and Framework versions - asp.net.ie-web-controls

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks releasing 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo by Shauna Hundeby Gainesville's Frameworks became one of the more promising new bands in the current wave of screamo with ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

A Framework For How Any Company Can Design Amazing Employee Experiences
Over the past few months I've been working on a series of articles all around the employee experience which I define as being a combination of ...

130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US
Read the rest of 130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US