Changing the default All Files (*.*) option to Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf) in a file open dialogue in ASP.net

In My file Upload page, I am using <input type=file> tag to browse a file from client machine.
The Browse button by default is showing all files *.* in the file dialogue box
I have a requirement like the file dialogue should by default show just PDFs *.pdf, and have an option to show all files *.* as shown below:
Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf)
All Files (*.*)

Is there a way to handle this using any web controls, or technique using ASP.net or HTML?

Thanks in advance
Ansar

0
Shahabudeen_Ansar
6/20/2005 6:28:34 AM
asp.net.ie-web-controls 2404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I need answer to this one, too. As far as I know, there is no way to do this.

0
ArvinBoggs

COnverting image file into PDF file in C#.NET
hi friends, i have a problem in creating a PDF file from an image file. first of all pls clarify what is the internal concept in converting to PDF file. if nay one knows pls mail me the related code if you find any solution pls mail me at spend5mins@yahoo.com thank u all hari babu...

Combining PDF files into one very large pdf file
Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger then the current memory available for the computer. Thanks Ed Dressel On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 08:29:47 -0700, Ed Dressel <none@tbinc.com> wrote: >Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files >into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger then >the current memory available for the computer. > >Thanks >Ed Dressel Ed, I would check out www.adultpdf.com Str...

open an image file and a pdf file same time
Hi:I have a dynamic created image file, and can be show on my webpage by using: <form id="form1" runat="server">    <div>        <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/Labels/label1Z569W0R0394923376.GIF"  />    </div>    </form> Now, I have a pdf file which is static (a kind of user menu), is it possible that I can insert this pdf file to above form, so when the page open, it will show both image and pdf file?if n...

HI allI have a urgent requirement i want to convert .tiff image to .pdf file Thanks in advance Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. I dont think its possible without doing a lot of code or using third party tools, but if you  are looking for a free tool you can try a combination of http://blog.codebeach.com/2008/02/convert-multipage-tiff-to-pdf-in-net.htmland  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Creating_PDF_documents_in.aspx Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this pos...

PDF File I/O Error while trying to load pdf file
Name: Dale Product: Shiretoko Summary: PDF File I/O Error while trying to load pdf file Comments: I was loading this site's pdf file: http://www.mead-usa.com/reference/instructions/Air_Presses.pdf and I received a window saying that there was a File I/O Error, but the page was trying to load anyway. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one...

Sending a PDF file to a .NET web service
How can I send a PDF file to a .NET web service ? I created a .NET web method to accept a file stream. Appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks, Eric.- You'd have to read the PDF into a single blob variable and pass that. On 11 Mar 2007 20:11:56 -0800, Eric Sulistiawan wrote: >How can I send a PDF file to a .NET web service ? I created >a .NET web method to accept a file stream. Appreciate any >comments or suggestions. > >Thanks, >Eric.- Thanks for the suggestion. What would be the corresponding data type on the .NET web method to receive the...

Saving a Web Page as a Pdf file in .Net
Any suggestions of the top software to use to save a web page as a pdf file. Thanks...

ASPX file to PDF file
 I want to convert an Aspx file to a pdf file.Please give me C# code.I cant use any component for money.Free Components are OK.Now I am using ItextSharp.tnx Hope the question is relating to creating PDF as output http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/HTML2PDF.aspx Thanks and RegardsS.K.Vignesh----------------------Do remember to "Mark as answer" for this post or the post that helped you solve the issue You can export ASP.NET DataTables to PDF:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/graphics/giospdfnetlibrary.aspx Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post...

PDF files and DOC files
Name: Jeff Kopacz Email: Jeffkopacz_at_mchsi.com Product: Firefox Summary: PDF files and DOC files Comments: When using Firefox and have to view a pdf file or Doc file I have to have Adobe Reader or Word started before selecting the file or the computer will lockup. I am using XP and Firefox 1.0.7. If I use either IE or Netscape they will open properly. This has recently occured with either version 6 or 7 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7 ...

WebDatawindow.net Save As PDF creates 0 byte pdf file
Hello all, I am having issues with the save as pdf function of the web datawindow. I am using the ghostwriter ps method and have confirmed with another app that the ps generation is working properly. I have also confirmed that the datawindow is throwing a ps file in the windows temp directory during execution of this method. However, the pdf file generated is always 0 bytes. For whatever reason i am finding the documentation hard to understand and im sure its a setup problem on my behalf. Like placement of the "gs" directory and needed dl's missing or not ...

How can I write out a pdf file that resides on a file server from an aspx file?
I want to write out a pdf file from my aspx page using Response.WriteFile(?) If the file resides on the local machine, I would simply use the path as a parameter. But what if the file resides on a secure file server that needs password for accessing? Thanks! You could add the ASPNET account to the other server so the web page would have access. Or you could look into the Impersonation capabilities of DotNet and actually impersonate an account on the other server when you need access.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with...

dw.saveAs (PDF) generates a PS file instead of PDF file
Guru(s), I have PowerBuilder 10.5 build 5048 and GhostScript 8.57. In simple words, I am trying to print DW into a PDF using SaveAs ("file name", PDF!) The PDF file is generated, but I can not open with Acrobat or any other PDF viewers. But I can open it fine with a PostScript Viwer like GSView. It looks like a PS file more than a PDF file. What am I missing? Do I need to convert this PS into PDF by calling a GhostScript script? Appreciate you help, Div FYI, The header of the file looks like ------------------------------------------------------- %!PS-A...

Change "File, Open File" default location?
le, Open File" defaults to the users' home directory. I'd like to change it to something else for a user so she doesn't have to click up and down to get to where she needs to be :-) -- * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/ * On 11/17/2006 06:01 PM, John Oliver wrote: > le, Open File" defaults to the users' home directory. I'd like to > change it to something else for a user so she doesn't have to click up > and down to get to where she needs to be :-) > In Firefox 1.5, in the Open File dialog, the...

web services used to convert Word files to PDF files
My professor asked me to design a web services which convert Microsoft's word files to PDF files. by use VS.NET and Windows Server 2003. After I installe Adode Acrobat 6.0 Professional, I can find some Acrobat components, Acrobat Distiller, Acrobat Web Capture 1.0 Type Library, etc. Please tell me which one can be used for my project and how to use it. Or please tell me popular free components of third parts. Thanks!...

Convert Word DOC File to Adobe Acrobat PDF file
Hello, Does anyone knows a component to convert an Word DOC File to Adobe Acrobat PDF file? I am creating a web site where people upload word  Word DOC files to the server. I need to convert the Word Doc files into PDF files as they are uploaded. Thanks, Miguel shapper--Regarding this... shapper wrote:...Does anyone knows a component to convert an Word DOC File to Adobe Acrobat PDF file?......I am creating a web site where people upload word  Word DOC files to the server. I need to convert the Word Doc files into PDF files as they are uploaded.......one should ...

Web resources about - Changing the default All Files (*.*) option to Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf) in a file open dialogue in ASP.net - asp.net.ie-web-controls

Changing room - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A changing room , locker room , dressing room (usually in a sports, theater or staff context) or changeroom (regional use) is a room or area ...

Beyond Timeline: The Changing Face Of Facebook Ads
Despite the hype, timeline may not be the most exciting, or important change coming on March 30. Expanded advertising opportunities may unlock ...

Robert Scoble - Micromedia, how it's changing what we blog - Facebook
Jeremiah Owyang wrote an interesting piece about micromedia and how it's changing what we do on blogs and how we distribute media (er, ideas, ...

8 Ways the Changing Facebook Home Page Will Affect Application Virality
For developers who live and die by the changes Facebook makes to the way information flows through the service, every little Facebook tweak has ...

Changing Lanes (@chginglanes) on Twitter

Changing the way business decisions are made
We believe that social data has unlimited value, and near limitless application. Today, we’re taking an important step toward unleashing this ...

The Right and Wrong Reasons for Changing Jobs
... your profile is a clue to the folks at LinkedIn that you’re thinking of switching jobs, so don’t be The Right and Wrong Reasons for Changing ...

We're Changing Our Name (Back) to Stack Overflow
We are Stack Overflow. You may know us from such popular websites as Stack Overflow Q&A, Stack Overflow Careers, The Stack Exchange Q&A Network, ...

The Tao of Twitter: Changing your life and business 140 characters at a time - Amazon
It's time to take the mystery out of Twitter. Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it ...

App Store - Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing!
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Voices 2 ~ fun voice changing! on the App Store. Download Voices 2 ...