can' t use IE Web Controls in VS.Net

I installed IE Web Controls and added these controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio .NET. The Internet Explorer WebControls Designers did appear in the Toolbox. But the color is gray and I can't use them to design. What's the problem?

0
MandyWang
10/22/2003 3:06:54 AM
asp.net.ie-web-controls 2404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bill2clone

can't use IE Web Controls in VS.Net
I installed IE Web Controls and added these controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio .NET . The Internet Explorer WebControls Designers did appear in the Toolbox. But the color was gray. And I can't use it to design. what's the problem? You use VS.Net 2002 or 2003? Have you seen error messages? What does the code look like?DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls I have solved the problem. I took system controls for IE Web Controls. thanks for your reply. Mandy, I have the same problem with my machine too. I use VS.NET 2003 and am able to see the IE Web...

How can i build the project of IE WEB control with VS.NET?
not with build.bat. I want add the project to my solution,and build it ,make it bacome a part of my library. How I can? I want do this as you, but can't. If I find the answer, I will tell you!...

VS.NET 2.0 and the IE Web Controls
Hi all,I recently started playing with the VS 2.0 beta. I found the treeview control, but one of my favorites, the tabstrip, seems to have morphed into something now called the menu control.Does anyone know which of the IE Controls will be available in 2.0, and if they are being substantially modified?Dave...

I can't open .net web application from VS.NET 2003
I try to open one .net based web application from VS.Net 2003 in my Windows 2K server, get following error message "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1" and also tried to command line command aspnet_iisreg /i and aspnet_iisreg /r but didn't work. Could somebody give me some idea to solve this issue? Thanks a lot! Check if iis is installed and running if yes then uninstall .Net Frame work and install it again. I got same error few months ago and solved it by using above option. Arvind Malik First, I would see...

IE WEB CONTROL can't add to toolbox ?
After download ie webcontrol, and I want to add this control to vb toolbox, has erro ... \\no component in ' c:... webcontrol.dll' that con be placed on the toolbox\\ ++ Please help me Installing IEWebControls (running iewebcontrols.exe) does not mean the dll is compiled. Please refer to readme.txt and view post 134991 to compile Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll properly. You will be able to add the 4 web controls to your Toolbox. (which VS.Net version?)DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Do I have to have the NET 1.1 SDK to use ie web controls??
I have downloaded ie web controls and installed them, but the dll that is mentioned is nowhere to be found on my drive. Then I read that you must have the .NET SDK installed. That's another 190 MB, is it absolutey required?? I hate putting all this bloatware on my PC. view post 827685DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Can't create Web project using Vs.Net 2003
Sorry, I know this has been covered, but I couldn't find any relevant solutions. Trying to create a Web project at: http://myserver.com/myapp, but I get this message: "The default Web access method for this project is set to file share, but the project folder at 'http://myserver.com/myapp' cannot be opened with the path '\\myserver.com\wwwroot$\myapp'. The error returned was: Unable to create Web project 'myapp'. The UNC share '\\myserver.com\wwwroot$\myapp' does not exist or you do not have access. It then asks if I would like to retry using path '\\myserver.com\wwwr...

Don't waste your time: IE Web Controls doesn't work for 1.1
From MSDN: "This product is only compatible with machines running builds of the .NET Framework (1.0.3705.0) and Visual Studio® .NET (7.0.9466)." http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/samples/internet/ASP_DOT_NET_ServerControls/WebControls/default.asp Works just fine for me. And Microsoft uses it with Content Management Server 2002 on Windows 2003...... I've had no problems with the IE Web Controls on 1.1 whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I have them running on a 8-node web farm. VladTheImpaler, MSDN contains outdated data (readme January 22, 2003). If that was...

Can't add IE Web Control dll to my custom toolbox..help!!
Hi, I tried to add the dll to my VS.Net 2002, Framework v1.1 but it generates an error. Error is as in bold below. There are no components in 'c:\Program Files\IE Web Controls\build\Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll' that can be placed on the toolbox. But the dll does exists in the folder...please advise. lee, VS.Net 2002 is hardwired to Framework 1.0DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls Reinstall 1.0 Alter your batch file to run <Framework 1.0>csc.exe to recompile the dll Try to add the new components again.DNN skins ForumTressleworks mo...

Web form controls don't position correctly using non-IE browser
Hi, Web form controls (Labels, textbox etc) don't position correctly when browsed with non-IE browsers.  They are fine with IE.  Is there a way to fix this problem?  Thanks in advance. Tom    ...

Web custom Control - can't acces image url in Resources folder
 I'm working on a custom web server control that is suppose to give information on a doctor.  The final goal is to place the control in a hover extender panel, so when you hover over the doctor picture, this control pops up, and play a recording of there voice introducing themself. I'll get to the sound part this weekend.So far, it seems that all of the references I search are examples for aspx pages. The line in bold are confusing me.This is a class dll project named teamRoster Right now, I'm trying to access a image in the resource folder called BalloonPointer1.g...

How can I use c# 's project web server control on a vb.net project....Help Please
Hi       I am using a server control in a C# project in an aspx file. It works fine when I use that in that same c# project. But when I import the assembly into a vb project and place the control on the page. Its giving me a System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. error message. Please help me with it, I cant even debug it as soon as I land on the aspx page this error appears. Please help me in getting through with this message. I have spend two days working on it. Its giving me an error message on this line this.t...

IE Web Controls and the .NET Framework
Folks, I'm attempting to setup IE Web Controls on a production live server for one of my developers. I've downloaded the IE Web controls to my PC (running IIS and Visual Studio .NET) and got everything working with no problems. Now looking to get the controls running on the live web server. This server has the .NET Framework Redistributable v1.1. It does not return the treeview icons as expected, and as provided on my PC. Can anyone suggest what I need to do on the live server to get the IE Web Controls working...? I read somewhere that I may need the .NET Framework SDK, is this tr...

Web resources about - can' t use IE Web Controls in VS.Net - asp.net.ie-web-controls