Can't get the Web Controls to work.. The Build.Bat file doesn't work? HELP>> ARGGG>.

Angry [:@]

Hi.. I was wanting to use the IE Web Controls, the Tab Strip, etc, and play with it.. Since I have IIS 5, I thought I'd copy them there using the Read me.txt instructions and then copy to a dev server that I use at a web host.. Well, everything worked except the Build file doesn't build the Microsoft.UI.Webcontrols.DLL file? When I try to run it by double clicking on it, it runs really fast in  the DOS window, but I can't see what it says and it closes.. So I tried to do so manually and I received an error that the "cse.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command or batch file, etc.." Clearly there is a batch file there.. and I did exactly as the Read me file asks.. Everything else worked as far as doing the X Copy, etc.. The only thing I need is the DLL File? Where can I get one since the Batch file isn't working? Could it be because it's corrupted or something?

Thanks

Tim

Tim
0
aspTim
4/21/2005 11:44:24 PM
asp.net.ie-web-controls 2404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you realize that you have to run the build.bat file from the visual studio command prompt?

:(

0
GordC
4/22/2005 2:40:08 AM

No I didn't realize that.. I just ran it from the command prompt.. I don't think the instructions or the read me file say anything about using Visual Studio? Can you tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Tim

Tim
0
aspTim
4/23/2005 12:13:35 AM
you must run it form the command prompt ,thus you can get the .dll file
0
js98
4/28/2005 8:16:19 AM

I had the same issue at first. The build.bat file ran and created my build folder but I could not find the dll. Next, I ran it from the command prompt and it stated 42 files copied but it also said that csc.exe is not recognized as an internal... message. I have read of two ways to fix this issue.  I choose approach no. 2.

According to other posts:

1. Just add the full pathname before the csc.exe. It should be something like:
c:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322 (for the 1.1 Framework) or
c:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.0.3705 (for the 1.0 Framework). Putting the full path to the csc.exe will make the batch work fine as the batch script just can't find it without the path info.

2. Right click My Computer and click properties. Click Advanced tab and click on Environment Variables button at the bottom of the window.

Another window pops up with the two list boxes. One is labeled as System variables at the top of second listbox. Highlight the PATH variable in the listbox and click the edit button. Add a semi-colon to the end of what's already there then type the path to your framework version. It will differ slightly depending on your O.S. An example of my path variable is below.

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

Click ok until you close out of the open windows. Re-open your command window and run the build.bat.

Sue

Sue
0
Sue

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

IE 7: New CalendarExtender control doesn't work when inside a HTML paragraph <P></P> tag
This works:<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>  <ajaxToolkit:CalendarExtender ID="CalendarExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="TextBox1" />This doesn't work: <P> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> <ajaxToolkit:CalendarExtender ID="CalendarExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="TextBox1" /> </p> This also works: <p><asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox></p> <ajaxToolkit:CalendarExtender ID="CalendarExtender1" runat="server" Targ...

Don't waste your time: IE Web Controls doesn't work for 1.1
From MSDN: "This product is only compatible with machines running builds of the .NET Framework (1.0.3705.0) and Visual Studio® .NET (7.0.9466)." http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/samples/internet/ASP_DOT_NET_ServerControls/WebControls/default.asp Works just fine for me. And Microsoft uses it with Content Management Server 2002 on Windows 2003...... I've had no problems with the IE Web Controls on 1.1 whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I have them running on a 8-node web farm. VladTheImpaler, MSDN contains outdated data (readme January 22, 2003). If that was...

SOS. >>>>>>>>HELP ME????????>>Web Matrix do not work in Win XP pro
Hi everbody!!!! I have a problem with webmatrix. My problem is?? i install ASP.NET Web Matrix but it is not work. My system is XP pro. I alredy install NET Framework 1.1. The program do not show nothing. But when i open i see picture which there webmatrix after some this disappeared and after i wait but this not work. When i use win 2000 this work excellent. But now problem . I test this in two PC. But no result. I want also add that i install XP sp 2. But Proqram do not work... Thanks!!!! Hi, Can you take a look at these threads: view post 258398 and view post 252245 Regar...

cpan>install NET::SSH ----> Can't install NET::SSH don't know what it is?
Good day! This is the first time I'll be using the cpan to install modules. I run: perl -MCPAN -e shell and answer the questions one by one. When its done, I issued install NET::SSH at the cpan> prompt and I got the message: Can't install NET::SSH Don't know what it is. Question: How will I make cpan> know what NET::SSH is? Is there something I have to update first? How can I search for some useful modules using cpan> rather than using cpan search in www.cpan.org? What is auto bundle? And what does 'cpan -a' does? When I ran it, I can some...

ASA 6.0 ISQL->ODBC->Srvr works, Central or MS Access -> ODBC -> Svr Doesn't
I have an ODBC data source which works fine with ISQL. It fails with a communication error when I use it with either MS Access or SQL Central. Any ideas about what might be the problem would be appreciated. With logging turned on here's what I get when using ISQL: Trying to start TCPIP link ... Loading wsock32.dll Loading ws2_32.dll Could not load ws2_32.dll Using Winsock 1.1. My IP address is 90.0.0.2 My IP address is 127.0.0.1 TCPIP link started successfully Trying 90.0.0.4:2638 Found database server sbxserver on TCPIP link And here is what I get when using MS A...

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

Web.config Replacement File for <system.serviceModel> doesn't work
Using old ASMX services, the web reference information was stored in web.config under <appSettings>.If your Staging and Production web services were at different addresses, you could use WDP to replace the addresses in <appSettings> Now, I've started using WCF Services. When you add a Service Reference, the address information is stored in web.config under <system.serviceModel> I configured my WDP to replace the <system.serviceModel> with the contents of another config file (i.e. in the WDP GUI, I'm using system.serviceModel=System.ServiceModel.Test.config;...

<location> doesn't work when parent directory of path doesn't exist
Hi, I'm having a problem setting up web.config to challenge for authentication on some pages, but not others. Here is what I'm doing:<configuration>...    <system.web>...        <authentication mode="Windows" />        <authorization>            <allow users="*"/>        </authorization>...    </system.web>    <location path="se...

IE Web Controls doesn't work properly
Hi, I have Miscrosoft .NET Framework version 1.0.3075 and Miscrofoft Development Environment 2002 installed on my PC. After installing IE Web Controls I copied Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll under sampleapp directory (under c:\Inetpub\wwwroot) then I tested it in IE 6 with URL - http://localhost/sampleapp/tabstrip.aspx. Tabs are not clickable at all. Can anyone explain what I did wrong? Thanks Think you lack this: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sampleapp\webctrl_clientDNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls I don't think I need copy webctrl_client under fold...

 Here is an example of my code:<ajaxToolkit:TabPanel ID="TabPanel5" runat="server" HeaderText="CDE" >                <HeaderTemplate>                    General <br /> Marketing  "General Marketing" showed as 1 line with firefox... How can I fix this problem?Plz HelpThanks.  Hi Davidvoyage, Same control sometimes may have different beh...

.js file doesn't understand $get command
var adiv = $get('ctl00_AlertDiv'); alert(adiv);  If i put this in a .js file <atlas:ScriptReference Path="~/Includes/Async.js" ScriptMode="Auto" />  It comes up null. If I put the code in the masterpage in a script block without a .js file - it works  WHY? actually  adiv = $get('ctl00_AlertDiv'); works  adiv = $get('<%=AlertDiv.ClientID%>'); doesn't why  That "<%= %>" syntax is ASP.NET.  If you put this code in a .js file, ASP.NET is not processing the file (and thus not understanding <%= %>). One idea: you could pu...

Web resources about - Can't get the Web Controls to work.. The Build.Bat file doesn't work? HELP>> ARGGG>. - asp.net.ie-web-controls