Can't add IE Web Control dll to my custom toolbox..help!!

Hi,

I tried to add the dll to my VS.Net 2002, Framework v1.1 but it generates an error.
Error is as in bold below.
There are no components in 'c:\Program Files\IE Web Controls\build\Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll' that can be placed on the toolbox.
But the dll does exists in the folder...please advise.
0
leecw
1/3/2005 5:51:24 AM
asp.net.ie-web-controls 2404 articles. 0 followers. Follow

lee,

VS.Net 2002 is hardwired to Framework 1.0
DNN skins Forum
Tressleworks modules
DNN & webhosting
IEWCtrls
0
Bill2Clone
1/3/2005 10:21:42 PM
Reinstall 1.0

Alter your batch file to run <Framework 1.0>csc.exe to recompile the dll
Try to add the new components again.
DNN skins Forum
Tressleworks modules
DNN & webhosting
IEWCtrls
0
Bill2Clone

IE WEB CONTROL can't add to toolbox ?
After download ie webcontrol, and I want to add this control to vb toolbox, has erro ... \\no component in ' c:... webcontrol.dll' that con be placed on the toolbox\\ ++ Please help me Installing IEWebControls (running iewebcontrols.exe) does not mean the dll is compiled. Please refer to readme.txt and view post 134991 to compile Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll properly. You will be able to add the 4 web controls to your Toolbox. (which VS.Net version?)DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

can't use IE Web Controls in VS.Net
I installed IE Web Controls and added these controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio .NET . The Internet Explorer WebControls Designers did appear in the Toolbox. But the color was gray. And I can't use it to design. what's the problem? You use VS.Net 2002 or 2003? Have you seen error messages? What does the code look like?DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls I have solved the problem. I took system controls for IE Web Controls. thanks for your reply. Mandy, I have the same problem with my machine too. I use VS.NET 2003 and am able to see the IE Web...

can' t use IE Web Controls in VS.Net
I installed IE Web Controls and added these controls to the Toolbox in Visual Studio .NET. The Internet Explorer WebControls Designers did appear in the Toolbox. But the color is gray and I can't use them to design. What's the problem? Please do not post messages twice. view post 372891DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Can't add Toolkit dll to Visual Studio toolbox
HiI'm trying to use the Control toolkit in VS 2005 but i'm not having any look. When i try and add the dll to the toolbox I get the error"Cannot load file or assembly Microsoft.Web.Extensions v1.0.61025......"I am using an atlas installation. Is this the problem? I tried installing the ajax beta but it said another version was already installed. I'm worried that if i uninstall my current atlas installation, my other applications based on atlas will not run. I do not have time to upgrade these so I guess i need to know if the ajax beta is bakwards compatible.Thanks a lot...

Don't waste your time: IE Web Controls doesn't work for 1.1
From MSDN: "This product is only compatible with machines running builds of the .NET Framework (1.0.3705.0) and Visual Studio® .NET (7.0.9466)." http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/samples/internet/ASP_DOT_NET_ServerControls/WebControls/default.asp Works just fine for me. And Microsoft uses it with Content Management Server 2002 on Windows 2003...... I've had no problems with the IE Web Controls on 1.1 whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I have them running on a 8-node web farm. VladTheImpaler, MSDN contains outdated data (readme January 22, 2003). If that was...

Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control

Download IE Web Control, but no dll seen, doesn't work on my page
HI! I have downloaded the IE Web Control through Microsoft site and ran the build.bat file then copy the Runtime folder to my Web Application's Bin directory. However, I got an error: File or assembly name Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Probaly couldn't find the IE WebControl.dll. Any Advices? Thanks More info: The Batch file in Command viewer runs very quick. I quickly caught that it says csc is not a recoginzed command .... Maybe that's why the dll was not generated even though the build folder was created. ...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

Web custom Control - can't acces image url in Resources folder
 I'm working on a custom web server control that is suppose to give information on a doctor.  The final goal is to place the control in a hover extender panel, so when you hover over the doctor picture, this control pops up, and play a recording of there voice introducing themself. I'll get to the sound part this weekend.So far, it seems that all of the references I search are examples for aspx pages. The line in bold are confusing me.This is a class dll project named teamRoster Right now, I'm trying to access a image in the resource folder called BalloonPointer1.g...

Web Custom Control within a Web Custom Control
I was wondering if this can be done and how. I've created a simple custom control that displays a header which is my first custom control. So I'm just a baby when it comes to this.. Within the header I currently have a property for breadcrumbs which is a string. What I would like to do is have the breadcrumb property  be a Link Button List. I did find a custom control of a Link Button List which is exactly what I wanted. My question is how can/do  I include this into my custom control? Can it done? How? Please help? I'm at a lose here.   Susan You should be able to do ...

Can't get the Web Controls to work.. The Build.Bat file doesn't work? HELP>> ARGGG>.
Hi.. I was wanting to use the IE Web Controls, the Tab Strip, etc, and play with it.. Since I have IIS 5, I thought I'd copy them there using the Read me.txt instructions and then copy to a dev server that I use at a web host.. Well, everything worked except the Build file doesn't build the Microsoft.UI.Webcontrols.DLL file? When I try to run it by double clicking on it, it runs really fast in  the DOS window, but I can't see what it says and it closes.. So I tried to do so manually and I received an error that the "cse.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command or batch...

Web custom control
I’m extending the link button control.  I wish to add a custom design time property.  The property is a custom class (Person) with several properties (FirstName, LastName, ect..) I want to be able to fill out.  You can think of it like the “Font” --> "Bold" property. I’m using [TypeConverter(typeof(Person))] with a converter class to get the plus sign to let me access the Person’s properties.  In design time I put some value in the Person --> FirstName property and click play.  When I get back to the overridden OnClick event my Person -->...

Custom Web Control inside another Custom Web Control
Hi I created a custom web control (CusWebNew) that displays some textboxes by adding them to the ControlCollection of the webcontrol. I also created a custom webcontrol (CustWebButton) that inherts from Button control, and overrided the OnClick function. When I use CustWebButton on a regular web form, it seems to function correctly. However, when I added to be part of the ControlCollection of CustWebNew, it stops to work.   Any ideas why? Thanks Hey, What do you mean by stops to work?  Explain what you are trying to do with it and what it doesn't do.Brian"Trust in the...

Why can't I add controls dynamically to my customer server control?
This is a simple example of a custom control where I dynamically add a new control to the hierarchy. The problem is when I click the 'C' button, it adds the B button and then the next click of the 'C' button will hit the B_Click event handler. My only theory is that since it was added to the middle of the control heirarchy, then event handling got confused. Has anyone seen this problem or am I doing something wrong? using System; using System.Configuration; using System.Collections; using System.Text.RegularExpressions; using System.Xml; using System.Data; using S...

Web resources about - Can't add IE Web Control dll to my custom toolbox..help!! - asp.net.ie-web-controls