Web hosting web matrix

Hello,

I have a site made in web matrix with Access database . I want to put iti to work (it sells stuff). Is it legal and free to put it on a server and use it on this purpose?

Ps: Do you recomend me to choose a web hosting company from my country ?

Thanks!!!

0
ariadna
8/4/2006 10:36:44 AM
asp.net.hosting-open-forum 4216 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's legal, and you should use a host that supports the functions you need.  That may or may not be in your country.

Jeff

jeff
8/4/2006 2:45:29 PM
Don't depend on the location choose the host that suits your needs. Also check the support, service and connectivity as your buisness depends on this important features. Have a detail study before going with any host. Look for reviews in the forums as it would help you to choose the right host.

Web Hosting UK - Affordable Web Hosting in UK || WebHosting Tutorials
AIM : webredback && MSN : support@webhosting.uk.com
0
suzane

deploying web matrix web pages to host web server
Hi:I'm new to this forum and also in developing asp .net web pages.  I created web pages using Web Matrix v0.6.812.0 (connecting to an Access backend in the same folder as the web pages). Now I need to upload it to my company's web server (Windows 2000 with IIS and .Net Framework 1.1) so the customer can see them.  My administrator created a virtual site for me on the company's web server and I copied the .aspx, .ascx, .css, .mdb and web.config files to the directory for my virtual site.   When I try to access my default.aspx file on the web server thr...

Deploying to Web Host with Web Matrix
I have one simple asp.net page created using Web Matrix that I am trying to run on my web host but I am getting a runtime error. The error is: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag wit...

How to deploy Web Matrix project to a web host?
I have FTP'ed the aspx files and web.config file of a project to a directory on my web host (and yes, my webhost claims to be .NET-enabled), but when I point my browser to those files, all I get is an error: "Server Error in / Application". In fact, the error message further instructs me to change a line in my web.config ("customErrors mode='off'") that I have already changed!! I developed the files in Web Matrix, not VS.Net. The app runs just fine on my local testing server. I have read all the deployment scenarios and instructions for VS.Net but none of them seem to...

web web web

Web Matrix and IIS. Page is not opening from Web Matrix. HELP!!!
Hi, I am running XP Pro with IIS + Web Matrix. I used all tips for fixing .NET in Web Matrix (XML config tips). When I am testing pages from Web Matrix http://localhost:8080/test.aspx nothing shows up in a browser. It is just white. However if I select Open in Web Browser from Web Matrix browser shows directory listing with all files. Once I click on one of those files again nothing happens. My configuration: Win XP SP1 with IIS running, Hardware router D-Link for sharing cable internet connection between 3 computers (port 8080 is open). Is it possible to get Web Matrix server to ...

WEB hosting of WEB.PB application
We want to find a ISP who will host our WEB.PB application with server program and database. If anybody has some experience or could help us find a proper ISP please contact us. e-mail spavle@hotmail.com Sincerly Pavle Spoljaric Zagreb, Croatia You might check with Dean Jones of PowerTeam (www.powerobjects.com). In addition to being a PB consultant, member of TeamPS, yadda, yadda, yadda, he is also an ISP. I know he's talked about installing Jaguar on one of his servers and offering Jaguar as a service to his customers. Given his rabid support of Distributed PB (h...

web pages hosting: not a web site
Hello, Is there something like yahoo Geocities for hosting 3-5 web page for a couple of months. I am not comfortable with the yahoo style php etc. This is for a short term flee market hosted by my child's school. Thanks, raghu  Have a look at BrinksterRegards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site Thanks, Will check this out tonight.  The control panel is hard to get around. I never thought this will get so cumbersome. Upon a google search for "free web pages" , I get a bunch of sites, any thoughts on:http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/ http://prohostin...

Web.PB Running on a Hosted Web
We have developed a Web.PB application which is to run on a hosted web running IIS on NT 4.0 (we don't have access to the server). We cannot get beyond the error: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'webapp'. The webmaster swears the pbweb.ini file is placed in the c:\winnt directory, and location= has been set to his server's IP address. The application works here (developed on NT Workstation running Peer Web Services). One difference is that the web host has multiple virtual servers, (so that each of his hosted locations has its own IP address and dom...

Web services and Web hosting companies
Hi At this moment I am looking for a web hosting companies. I will be developing asp.net website and I will also develop Web Services. Can you tell if I am able to host Web Services with any hosting company that supports asp.net. Or is there any special requirement on the behalf of the hosting companies to support Web Services written in .Net regardas As long as they support ASP.NET it should work in general.Tomas Restrepo [MVP]tomasr@mvps.org...

web service at a web host possible?
Hi, I have a simple question regarding web services. I have my asp.net web site at a web host. Can I still connect to other parties' web services? When I read how-to docs for installing web services, it seems as I'll have to make changes to the server itself, and for me, this would not be possible. Thanks in advance, PettrerCoding is a nine-to-five job: Nine PM to Five AM. Look,every IIS support webservice if asp.net is installed, I have used several hosting packages, but all of them are supporting web services.cheers Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post th...

Web.config errors after uploading to web host
After uploading my ASP.NET app to the web host, I certainly expected some errors (mostly due to the database settings having to be changed). What I was unprepared for was errors with the web.config I have to admit that I don't fully understand how the web.config works or what it does. So I'm not sure as to why I'm getting the errors or how to fix them properly. The problems start on the line: <authentication mode="Windows" /> Being completely clueless, I've tried changing it to: <authentication mode="None" /> .... but still the same err...

C# web service and web site hosting
I have developed a web service and consuming web site using asp.net 2.0 with visual studio 2005. I was wondering if there's any free web hosts I could host my service and website on?  you can try http://www.discountasp.net/ free for 3 month.Girijeshhttp://www.girijesh.in/ hi, My advice is to test and find reliable hosting provider for a good cost - $5 - $20 per month, also many hosting companies provides Money Back Guarantee. RegardsWindows Hosting ASP.NET | Top ASP.NET Hosts | Dedicated Windows Hosting You could try AspSpider.net for testing to make sure ever...

How to Host Web Service reference in web application?
hi,all i have created one web application and in which i m giving reference of web service from ..dll and .asmx of web service but is thr any solution there by which i only need to place web service necessary file in /bin folder of web application? if anybody post this answer then it will be really good help. thnks. The same way as in WinForms project, "Add Web Reference...", point to web service url. The serious problem of using web services in ASP.NET is performance, doing well is not simple, you may like to read this article by Microsoft's Matt Powell.W...

Reliable.NET Web Host?
I realize this is under security, but it's the most relevant place I could find to post this question.  Is anyone using or does anyone know of any super reliable asp.net webhosts?  I need to host an asp.net / MySQL app and Im having real difficulties finding a reliable host, especially one without tons of bad reviews out there on the web. Thank you in advance, Jim Hello, Sometimes bad reviews are published by competitors :) Choose asp.net hosting provider with your requirements and go for it, if you are not happy most of hosting companies provides money back guara...

Web resources about - Web hosting web matrix - asp.net.hosting-open-forum

File hosting service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A file hosting service , online file storage provider , or cyberlocker is an Internet hosting service specifically designed to host user files. ...

Shared web hosting service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A shared web hosting service or virtual hosting service or derive host refers to a web hosting service where many websites reside on one web ...

Following Acquisition By Facebook, Parse Rolls Out Parse Hosting
Cloud application platform Parse , which was acquired by Facebook in April , announced the launch of Parse Hosting Tuesday, joining its four ...

Parse announces new hosting product less than 2 weeks after Facebook acquisition
Parse, the cloud-based app development platform Facebook agreed to acquire in late April , today announced its latest product: Parse Hosting ...

Web Hosting News (@theWHIR) on Twitter
Web Hosting News Web Hosting News, Magazine, TV, Blogs, Events & Directory. Also follow @NicoleHenderson @Justin_theWHIR @WHIREvents Web Hosting ...

Twitter Blog: Twitter Chooses NTT America Enterprise Hosting Services
Twitter Blog Twitter Chooses NTT America Enterprise Hosting Services 2664157184138140716 Friday, February 01, 2008 We have a stated goal to make ...

Server Hosting — Rent vs. Buy?
As Stack Overflow continues to grow, it’s time to revisit our server hosting situation. We currently rent two identical dedicated servers from ...

Here’s Katie Couric Hosting a Very Un-Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade
Katie Couric has hosted her share of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parades during her time with NBC News. But now the Yahoo Global News Anchor has ...

Hamburg Votes Against Hosting 2024 Olympics - Al Jazeera America
Almost 52 percent of the votes went against the 7.4 billion euro project, the second time German voters had scuppered a planned Olympic bid

2024 Olympics: Hamburg says 'No' to hosting Games
Residents of the German city of Hamburg vote against hosting the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games in a referendum.