Using server controls or user controls in FrontPage

I have a frontpage website with shared borders.  Can I use a server control (or user control) in FrontPage as the top border?  Or could I embed the control in the top border?
0
MinnieMouse
12/16/2003 1:06:35 AM
asp.net.hosting-open-forum 4216 articles. 0 followers. Follow

My dad mentioned something like this scenerio to me and of course I did not have a solution. He finally gave up on FrontPage and converted the entire thing to ASP.Net... as far as both of us were concerned by the end of the day - you cannot mix two server technologies together with little to medium ease.

:: I have a frontpage website with shared borders.
If you mean frames, then the above does not apply really because they are two different pages. A frameset is a container of frames and if you want to pop a common thing at the top of the frameset, an ordinary ASPX page will do it - no other.
-- Justin Lovell
0
master4eva

how to raise server control event(control defined inside user control) from host page?
I have built a user control(using c#,net 2.0,VS2005,MS-SQL server 2005),which contains set of 3 button,save,cancel and next and wud be reused/displayed in multiple pages.As the name says,they are suppose to update on save,reset the fields   on cancel and navigate to another page on next.How do i raise the onClick event for all of these button individually,from the individual host page?I do not have/do not prefer any logic,event handler etc.. defined in the user control for these buttons,since every host page have different set of parameters for save,cancel etc.Thanks...

Using a user control in a custom server control.
I've created a custom server control and am trying to add a user control to the rendering of the server control.  Is this possible?  If so, hints as to how this is done would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks in advance for considering an answer to this question. Wendi Use the LoadControl method. For example:   Controls.Add(LoadControl("~/controls/login.ascx"))Steven BeyRecursion: see Recursion My server control renders a table with x number of rows.  I want to add a user control to each row of the table, last column.  I do not know how ...

Help! Custom Server Control using User Control
I've been bashing my head for a few days on this problem. My Custom Server Control loads the User Control and renders it properly.  But, when I run the web application the controls (ex: buttons) from the User Control is not firing the event (ex: a button click to change the label's text)?Here is a snippet of part of my code:    Protected Overrides Sub CreateChildControls()        plhPanel = New System.Web.UI.WebControls.PlaceHolder        ContentFileLoaded = New System.Web.UI.U...

Using user control within another user control
Hi, Can I register and instantiate a user control within another user control. Yes, of course you can.  If you are doing it dynamically, then you have to remember that you have to do it in every postback there after. <%@ Register Src="usercontrol1.ascx" TagName="TagName" TagPrefix="uc1" %> <uc1:TagName ID="UserControlID1" runat="server" /> ...

how to use an user control inside another user control?
as title, I can't wirte an user control inside an user control. how's the solution? thanks... you can. Then you gotta use the FindControl() method to manipulate it."Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"...

I have a web user control being used by another web user control, but the one being used will not display the labels in the resx file.
I am using DotNetNuke version 3.13 (might be 3.013) on a Window's XP machine, SP2. I have what I find to be an extremely odd situation. I have a project called TDS.Controls. This project is a web control library. Each control has its own resx file, which is located in the App_LocalResources directory. Each control inherits from Framework.UserControlBase, just like DotNetNuke's User control in DNN\Controls\User.ascx.vb. As a matter of fact, this control is doing the exact same thing I am trying to do. It is a web user control with its own resx file being used by another web user control (See ...

user control to user control
I have an aspx page that have a "Register" directive to two usercontrol called rptMaster.ascx and rptDetail.ascx. I'm trying to set up a Master-Detail relationship and wish for the rptMaster.ascx to trigger and event from a dropdownlist and for the rptDetail to be listening for DropDownList event. I believe I have gotten the events part okay with help from this articel http://codeproject.com/aspnet/Page_UserControl.asp but my declaration for a private statement to my rptMaster class is producing an error. I'm using beta 2 of asp.net and I 'm having trouble getting a reference TO ...

User control in a user control
Hello all, I have created a user control with some checkboxes, and public properties to get the values of these checkboxes. I have also created a second user control using the first user control; this second control also access the public properties of the first one. My problem is when I implement the second control in an aspx page, if I click at runtime the checkboxes in the first control, I am able to access its public properties from the methods of the second control but the values of these properties are wrong. while at design time, I do not have this problem. Than...

User Control in a User Control
I have a first user control that contain a second user control. If I cahe the first user control can I still dynamically control the second one or it is cached with the first one therefore can not control it anymore? Thanks When your first control is cached, its rendered out and its output is stored in the cache. On every request to the page containing your control that can satisfy it from cache, the output will just simply be inserted - your first control will never be instantiated or run in that case, so the second one wont be either. Hope this helps,Mike VolodarskyProgram Manager...

What control do I use (or do I not use a control at all...)
Okay so here's the story so far. I am making a blog to be incorporated into a website. Well, I'm doing the blog from scratch. I'm using MySQL to source all the data via MySQL .NET/Connector. Now while developing the script, I used DataReader and Response.Write to show the blog topics. Now that it has come to put it under a design (I'm using a Master Page for that), I've hit the problem. Response.Write shows all the topics before any of the design elements could be incorporated. So that (more or less) is out of question. So next I looked into the data presentation controls. I looked up GridVi...

Image on User control not showing on page using user control.
I have a user control under the folder ~/Common/Controls. The user control has a table. I want to set the table row background. The images for the background are being stored under ~/Common/Images. The page that used the user control is in ~/Front/FrmHome.aspx. Now, if I specify the background as background="../Images/bk.gif", the background shows in the user control but not on the page using the user cintrol as expected. If I specify the background as background="/MyWebProject/Common/Images/arrow1.jpg", it shows fine in the user control but doesn't show up agai...

User Controls in User Controls?
I have the follow set up and it is throwing an error "Unhandled error loading module" ... is there some trick to this that I don't know?I have a project A that uses controls from project B (project B is just a project with all my user controls used through out other modules).  project A uses user control 1 from project B with out any issues at all - great.  But then I wanted to add user control 2 to user control 1 and that is when I get my error.  In fact I don't even have the user control 2 in user control 1, just when I put the register part into user control 1 is when it al...

How to access a user control from another user control in a Wizard control
My page has a wizard control and each step is a user control.  I could find the value of a control in step1 user control in the wizard page but not in step2 user control.From wizard.aspx.vb – it worksDim m_title As DropDownList = CType(Me.PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1"), DropDownList) Question:How can I find the value of a control(textbox or dropdownlist)in step1 user control from step2 user control? I want to find “PersonalBox1.FindControl("ddlTitle1")” from Step2 AddressBox1. I have tried several ways to access it but no luck. From AddressBox.ascx.vb –...

User Control controls not created when dynamically creating user control
  Have created a user control for displaying and editing a dynamically number of values. The user control contains two labels and an edit box. When dynamically loading the user control I get an error when the control itself tries to change setting on the fields within the user control.   Why doesnt this work? It works okay if I dont load it dynamically but create a user-control-instance in the aspx-page but thats no solution.   Thankyou!     Here is my code:   ucDataValue.ascx   <%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true&...

Web resources about - Using server controls or user controls in FrontPage - asp.net.hosting-open-forum

FrontPage Magazine -
... evidence that, for many Muslims, elections are simply a gateway to Islamic theocracy.... May 23 2012 / 132807 1 comment http%3A%2F%2Ffrontp ...

FrontPage Magazine -
... Josh Brewster shed terrifying light on Muslims stoning Christians in Dearborn, Michigan.... July 13 2012 / 137390 No comment http%3A%2F%2Ff ...

Microsoft FrontPage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As a WYSIWYG editor, FrontPage is designed to hide the details of pages' HTML code from the user, making it possible for novices to easily create ...

FrontPage Magazine
... - Blog - Horowitz - Archives - Columnists - Search - Store - Links - CSPC - Contact - Advertise with Us - Privacy Policy Copyright©2007 FrontPageMagazine. ...

Nashuatelegraph.com: Frontpage : News and Classifieds from Southern New Hampshire
TODAY'S ONLINE DEAL 5-day forecast Site Archives (to 1994) Microfilm to 1944 My Account Sign Up - Login Home Audio & Video Blogs Photos Mobile ...

FrontPage Magazine (@fpmag) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here FrontPage Magazine @ fpmag ...

Mastering Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Premium Edition
Defining Technology for Australia's IT Leaders. Combine Sound Design Principles and the Power of FrontPage 2002 This Premium Edition of Mastering ...

Apple Online Store frontpage redesigned ahead of Black Friday, pushing iOS devices, Macs and Beats accessories ...
For Black Friday, Apple has refreshed the frontpage of its online store with a rather-drastic redesign. Each product category now dominates the ...

The New York Times frontpages its commenters.
The article features the "most popular commenters," such as a woman who knew the GOP didn't like her because "I’m black, pro choice, support ...