User control for multiple applications

I am trying to build a user control which I can use across multiple applications - All the applications I am developing will have the same header, so naturally I have created a user control for this. As far as I understand, you need to create a strong key for the user control and add the dll to the GAC,  and add a reference to the machine.config file.

I have read an article on this but have not been able to get it to work:(http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/excerpt/aspdotnetian_6/index4.html).
The error occurs when I try to register the usercontrol on the .aspx page, eg. <%@ Register TagPrefix="intMenu" Namespace="intMenu" Assembly="UserControlLibrary, Version=0.0.0.0, cullture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6bd31f35fc9a113b" %>.
I use the version number located in the assembly, the same publickeytoken and everything but continue to get the same error each time: "BC30466: Namespace or type 'intMenu' for the Imports 'intMenu' cannot be found".
Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.
0
MickyV
5/18/2004 12:34:10 AM
asp.net.hosting-open-forum 4216 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you building the control with code or is it an ascx file?

That article doesn't seems to address ascx controls.
0
AndrewSeven
5/21/2004 4:28:39 PM
u access user controls from another applications, only if u write all the related code inside the ascx it self, then when u register ur user control, u have to specifiy ur complete path to ue user control

about GAC & user controls !! i don't that is applicable , GAC is for DLL, not for text files !

HTH
Destiny is not a thing to be waited, it's a thing to be achieved
0
bashar_naffa

host window user control to web application in Visual Basic.NET
 Hi to all, i am looking for the methos to create client-side application and host to a web application in Visual Studio 2008 by using Visual Basic.NET. The purpose of doing that is because i wish to using a data gridview (which is allow to reoder the header only in window application) and change any cells correspond to user settings, ie. a button clicked, in web application. I had visited those suggestions such as to create a web user control or using the Silverlight 2; however the former doesn't support header-reorderable gridview and the Silverlight 2 is still not able to ex...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

Web User Controls and multiple applications
I have two applications, "A" and "B". I have a user control in application B. When I drag'n drop the user control onto a page within application A, I get a simple html link or text that displays an "http://" path to the actual file, instead of the rendered control. While I know this is probably a "duh" question, I have been unsuccessful searching for answers on the web so... what is necessary to utilize a web usercontrol from another application? Any help is greatly appreciated. are you dropping the control in design view or sourc...

How to control multiple user controls
Hi there, I am having some challenges fitting the design of an application into the Rainbow portal. I would love to use Rainbow, but currently see this issue as a showstopper. I have to four user controls. They are: 1. Product Information 2. Customer Information 3. Payement Information 4. Status Information I need to divide the screen up into four sections to place the user controls, and they control their behaviour by using a set of linkbuttons which do not exist within the user control. Currently I am using a simple aspx page to house all four controls in a tab...

Multiple type of Users, with Multiple User login pages in one web application
Hello Friends, I have a situation in my website.I am using form authentication in my web application where I have two type of usersMerchants & Customers Merchants sign in from url/msignin/default.aspx and after sign in it redirects to secure folder /merchants/welcome.aspx and Customers sign in from/csignin/default.aspx and after sign in it redirects to secure folder /customers/welcome.aspx Now I am confused on the point that I only have one login url in my web.config file and only one default url. How can i make these two situations work on my same application. Please help. ...

Shared User Controls Between multiple Web Applications
Hi, Just wondering if it is possible to have design-time shared user controls.  E.g.  I have followed the process to setup a 'base' web project that contains a number of shared user controls and configured IIS.  I then use these user controls in a number of web application projects.  This works fine as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825996.  However the limitation is that you need to code the registering and using of the user controls rather than drag and drop. I want to know if it is possible to add these user controls(through vss sharing) to each web ap...

if web application is already open by one users, then do other user can use this web application also?
I have asp.net 2.0 and I have developed web simple web applications and it is on the server so how do I know if multiple users can use this websites at the same time Questtion: by default asp.net allow multiple users to access web page. if web application is already open by one users, then do other user can use this web application also? thankk u maxmax Yes, ASP.Net application can be accessed concurrently by multiple users.~ Remember To Mark The Posts Which Helped You As The ANSWER ~ IIS (which serves up your ASP.NET 2.0 website) is designed to service multiple users, so each new ...

want to call one c#.net function in one user control from another user control
hi i have two user controls info.ascx and personal.ascx i have a function like in info.ascx i have a function like showdetails() {   } now i want to access this function from personal.ascx can i do this ? thanks in advance. shwetaThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path  you should better create a class where you will define the "functions" that you need in both files. declare "static" the function and call it like nameofclass.nameoffunction In a web project you can...

Hosting windows User control in Web page application
  Hello there I've devloped a special windows user control in VB.(VS2005 Express Edition).Now i want to use that control on web page... using VS2005 Professional edition) I searched on internet for this perticular task i got following code <OBJECT id="MyWinControl1" height="200" width="200" classid="http:WinControls.dll#WinControls.WinTreeview" VIEWASTEXT>    </OBJECT> this code is not working ..specially "VIEWASTEXT" code line is giving an error.It would b great help if some one can post a detailed procudure or a sample code for this task as i'm...

How do I keep a user from opening multiple sessions of a powerbuilder application
Is there a way to keep a second application from running if there is currently an application open? Yes, several. 1) FindWindow API call to see if you're already open. I don't suggest this because window titles can change. 2) DDE conversation with yourself. If you can start one, then you must have an instance open already. I don't suggest this since establishing DDE conversations can be excruciatingly slow. 3) Use a mutex. Requires a couple of API's (CreateMutexA)... or the user object I created. If you're interested, let me know here in the newsgroup and I...

Hosting .net windows user control in Internet Explorer
Hi, I need to create a video player that can run on Internet Explorer just like a flash player or windows media player activeX control. I am able to create a normal windows user control and host it and thats working fine in IE. Now when i try to access system resources like the File Syetem or the registry in the windows user control i get a security exception. I am also not able to use unmanaged c++ code in my windows user control. If i set the caspol to off everything works fine without the security exception. Is there a way to get away with the security exception without disa...

Problem opening a popup window from a user control that is inside another user control inside a aspx page
Hi All, I am trying to open a Lookup popup window (on a ImageButton click) from inside a address user control that I created. Just an FYI, the address user control (.ascx) is inside a main user control (.ascx) in a aspx page that is using a master page. When I click the Image button, I am tring to excute the following code in the code-behind of the address.ascx- *****************************         string stateCode = some value;        string popupScript = "<script language='javascript'&g...

Adding multiple user controls to a web page -- Tutorial example involving copyRughtNotice and pageHeader user controls.
Hello: Please help me... I am trying to work through the tutorial example for adding the pageHeader.ascx usr control to a web form that already has a user conrol embedded in it, I followed the instructions verbatim, and, NO PAGE HEADER AT ALL!!!! What am I doing wrong? I really need help on this ASAP!!! Thnx, Carle Eric Giannelli Carle Eric Giannelli Can you post the code at the top of the .ASPX page? Specifically the <%@ parts... http://www.heliosfx.com Sure, The code at the top of the copyRightNotice.aspx page is: <%@ Page Language="VB" %>...

Raise event from IE hosted windows user control and catch it in the Web Form that’s hosting the control
Hi. I have a web app that uses a IE hosted windows user control. I would like that, somehow, lounch an external event from that hosted control that I could catch in my web form’s code behind. If possible, please send a small sample project (bozesan_mihai82@yahoo.com). I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks in advance! Hello, I am not sure of the *IE hosted windows user control*, but check this post to see if this helps you or not: Define a Custom Event inside UserControls HTH RegardsBilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP...

Web resources about - User control for multiple applications - asp.net.hosting-open-forum

Second visa application 'likely' to be approved
The family of a terminally ill Pakistani student can 'hopefully come to Australia sooner rather than later' says Immigration Minister Peter Dutton. ...

Tashfeen Malik's visa application under scrutiny - Business Insider Deutschland
The US government has released the visa application for Tashfeen Malik, who along with her husband killed 14 people in an attack in San Bernardino, ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications ...
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 27 percent from ...

Lawmaker: Immigration Officials Didn’t Fully Vet Tashfeen Malik’s Visa Application
"It’s unacceptable that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services did not fully vet Malik’s application and instead sloppily approved her visa," ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released
CNN Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released CNN (CNN) The visa application of one of the San Bernardino shooters was released ...

Seagate pushing non-PC storage for 2016 with focus on surveillance applications
... products for cloud computing, consumer electronics, surveillance and enterprise storage for 2016. Seagate expects surveillance-related applications ...